FRM Part 1 Certification
- 5,932 Learners
FRM Part 1 exam is the first level of qualification in the FRM certification program. By qualifying FRM Part 1 exam, one can showcase their expertise on Quantitative Analysis, Foundations of Risk Management, Financial ... Markets and Products, and Valuation and Risk Models. Simplilearn's FRM Part 1 training program includes classroom training, online FRM training course and Live Virtual Classes (LVC) coupled with practice tests.Show Less
About FRM Part 1 Certification
Financial Risk Manager or FRM certification is offered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP®). FRM certification program consists of two levels of exam: FRM Part 1 and FRM Part 2 exam. FRM Part 1 exam is the first level of qualification. It is a 4 hour exam consisting of 100 multiple choice questions.
Any graduate who wants to make their career in the risk management domain are the ideal participants for FRMÂ® Part 1 certification.
FRM Part 1 Certification Benefits
- Number one credential for Risk Management Professionals
- Differentiates one from non-credential peers providing competitive advantage with colleagues, clients and prospective employers
- Opportunity to network with best finance risk professionals in the world, (an elite group of over 26,000 FRMs from 110 countries)
- High demanding career to become Chief Risk Officer, Senior Risk Analyst, Head of Operational Risk, and Director, Investment Risk Management etc.
- Strong fundamentals in risk management and adherence to the highest levels of ethical conduct.
FRM Exam Part 1 Content
FRM Part 1 exam covers the fundamental tools and techniques used in risk management and the theories that underlie their use. Specific areas of coverage and their weighting in the FRM Part 1 exam are:
- Foundations of Risk Management (20%): This area focuses on a candidate’s knowledge of foundational concepts of risk management and how risk management can add value to an organization
- Quantitative Analysis (20%): This area tests a candidate’s knowledge of basic probability and statistics, regression and time series analysis, and various quantitative techniques useful in risk management
- Financial Markets and Products (30%): This area tests the candidate’s knowledge of financial products and the markets in which they trade
- Valuation and Risk Models (30%): This area will test a candidate’s knowledge of valuation techniques and risk models.
Understand the types of risks, identify risk management tools and implement the same in real life scenarios for better risk management in the finance sector.
Who should attend?
FRM program is suitable for:
- Finance risk professionals who want to enhance their professional abilities
- Career changers (non-risk professionals) to gain broader professional expertise and to make a career change into the finance risk profession
- Students who want to enter the finance risk profession
FRM Exam Pre-requisites
There are no educational or professional prerequisites for attempting the FRM Exam. However to get FRM certification, one needs to show a minimum of two years of professional full-time work experience in the area of financial risk management or another related field including, but not limited to trading, portfolio management, faculty academic, industry research, economics, auditing, risk consulting, and/or risk technology.
Candidates have 5 years, from the date of passing the FRM Exam, to get their work experience verified. If one fails to provide this information within the 5 year time frame, the candidate needs to retake the FRM Exam in order to become a FRM certification holder.
FRM Exam Format
FRM certification exam is pencil and paper exam offered in two parts, conducted twice a year in May and November.
100 Multiple Choice Questions
80 Multiple Choice Questions
A candidate can sit for individual part or both the parts in a single day. But one need to pass Part 1 to get his Part 2 exam graded. There is no negative marking.
Exam results are pass/fail and are released via email approximately six weeks after the Exam is administered. Candidates are provided with quartile results that enable them to see how they scored on specific areas relative to other candidates.
Fees Schedule for May 2014 Exam (in US $)
Early Registration (1st Dec 2013 – 31st Jan 2014)
Standard Registration (1st Feb 2014 – 28th Feb 2014)
Late Registration ( 1st Mar 2013 – 15th Apr 2014)
Q. What is the accreditation of FRM course of Simplilearn?
Simplilearn is listed on GARP Exam Preparation Providers for FRM Part 1 training.
Q. How to become an FRM®?
Following criteria needs to be fulfilled to become an FRM:
- Clear FRM® Part 1 and Part 2 exams
- Have two or more years of full-time work experience in financial risk management which should be achieved within 5 years from the date of passing the exam
- Adhere to GARP's Code of Conduct and Candidate Responsibility Statement
Q. How much time does it take to complete the FRM® program?
Completing the FRM® program (Part 1 & 2) usually takes a minimum of 1 year. Once you pass the FRM® Part 1 exam, within 4 years you need to pass the FRM® Part 2 exam
Q. What are the eligibility requirements to appear for the FRM® Part 1 exam?
There is no professional or education eligibility requirement for registering for FRM exam.
Q. Are there any scholarships for the FRM® Part 1 program?
GARP provides scholarships for FRM® exam candidates based on following qualifications:
- Candidates must show full-time enrollment in a degree program at the time of the Exam
- Candidates currently enrolled in a certificate program are not eligible for scholarships.
- Faculty members are eligible if they can show their full-time employment
Q. How much time is needed to prepare for the FRM Exam?
A survey by GARP for May 2012 FRM Exam Part I test takers indicates that, on average, individuals devotes about 240 hours of Exam preparation
Q. What is the difference between the FRM and the CFA program?
FRM focuses on financial risk domain of investment management. However, CFA focuses on tools and techniques to analyze investment. Both designations complement each other and many participants go for both the certifications.
Q. How are exams scored?
After each exam the FRM® committee sits and decides upon the passing scores
Q. What is the pass rate for the FRM® Part 1 exam?
Pass rates for FRM® Part 1 exam has fluctuated between 55%-65%. The pass rate for the May 2012 exam was 61%
FRM Part 1 exam is governed by GARP. Training is not mandatory but advisable. FRM Part 1 exam is a 4 hour exam consisting 100 multiple choice questions. Know more about FRM exam fee structure.
FRM Part 1 Training Courses Conducted Worldwide
We also conduct other course in Finance Management
FRM® Part 1 Articles
FRM® Part 1 Videos
In other countries
Classroom Training Training Type
FRM Part 1 classroom training program is administered by highly qualified and experienced finance trainers. FRM certification program is offered in two levels – FRM Part 1 and FRM Part 2 exam. Simplilearn offers FRM certification training for FRM aspirants. FRM Part 1 classroom sessions are ideal for professionals willing to participate in classroom discussions and interact with a trainer. FRM certification is an appropriate qualification for finance professionals looking forward to gain expertise in financial risk management. FRM classroom training is coupled with free e-learning access, hardcopy of courseware and FRM Part 1 practice exams. We also offer PDUs to candidates after the FRM Part 1 exam training.
Online Self Learning Training Type
FRM Part 1 online training is designed for people who are comfortable with self-preparation and do not have enough time to attend regular classroom sessions. FRM Part 1 is the first level of qualification within FRM certification program. Simplilearn brings to you FRM Part 1 online training program inclusive of audio-video chapters with quizzes at the end of each chapter. Along with the online FRM training, we also provide practice tests and downloadable e-book for extensive practice. Through this training, you can also learn how to use financial calculators. Avail FRM Part 1 online training and improve your exam preparation from the comfort of home.
Instructor Led Online Classroom Training Type
FRM Part 1 virtual classroom training is ideal for professionals who want to avail the benefits of classroom training at their convenience online. FRM Part 1 virtual training includes LVC sessions that allow participants to interact with a trainer online and understand various concepts in financial risk management. This virtual training program includes FRM online classes, free access to e-learning program and practice tests for better insights. Participants are also offered PDUs at the end of the FRM Part 1 virtual classroom training program.
Practice Tests Training Type
FRM Part 1 practice tests are offered to professionals who are looking forward for some extensive practice just before attending the actual exam. Simplilearn offers up to three FRM Part 1 practice tests. FRM exam prep tests are prepared by highly qualified and experienced trainers and are based on FRM Part 1 exam syllabus. Each FRM exam preparation test includes 100 questions. Answers and detailed explanations are also provided for doubt clearing. Work out FRM Part 1 practice tests and improve your exam preparation.
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to organize a FRM® Part 1 classroom in ASHBURN
- Write to email@example.com to express your interest in FRM® Part 1 online courses.
- Try our FRM® Part 1 online courses. View all
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in FRM® Part 1 practice tests.
- Write to email@example.com to express your interest in FRM® Part 1 online courses.