ITIL® Service Strategy
- The newly defined process of strategy management for ITIL Foundation training services is responsible for developing and maintaining business and IT strategies, and there are now separate descriptions of business strategy and IT strategy.
- Financial management has been expanded, and Business relationship management is now covered as a process as well as a role.
ITIL® Service Design
- Significant clarifications include the five aspects of service design, the design of the service portfolio and the terminology related to views of the service catalogue.
- Design Coordination has been added to clarify the flow of activity in the Service Design Lifecycle stage.
- Service Catalogue language has been revised with regards to the customer view of the service catalogue.
ITIL® Service Transition
- Structure, Content and relationship of the Configuration management system (CMS) and service knowledge management system (SKMS) have been clarified.
- The evaluation process has been renamed ‘change evaluation’
- The service asset and configuration management process has additional content relating to asset management, and there are improvements in the flow and integration of a number of processes, including change management, release and deployment management, and change evaluation.
- One more process added which is for “Transition, Planning and Support” which provides clear and comprehensive plans that enable the customer and business change projects to align their activities with the Service Transition plans.
ITIL® Service Operation
- Process flows have been updated or added for all processes including request fulfilment, access management and event management.
- “Incident Matching” has been added to provide examples on how incidents should initially be matched against Known Error records.
- A new “Request Fulfilment” process flow is added to illustrate the suggested activities and steps for the request fulfilment process.
- The relationship between application management activities versus application development activities is also clarified.
- “Problem Investigation and Analysis” concept has been added.
ITIL® Continual Service Improvement
- The seven-step improvement process – and its relationship with the Deming ‘Plan-Do-Check-Act’ cycle and knowledge management – has been clarified.
- The CSI model has been re-named the CSI approach and the concept of a CSI register has been introduced as a place to record details of all improvement initiatives within an organization.