Implementation of SAP Methodologies
As the competitive world is moving fast, the struggle to survive among enterprises is increasing by the day. This growing competition calls for the development of different ERP solutions. ERP solutions are enterprise resource solutions that are developed in order to provide software to enterprise towards better work management. To manage work, every organization follows a work breakdown structure where different work processes are distributed among different teams. An organization comprises of different teams such as sales team, finance team, marketing team, IT team, HR team, auditing team, communication management team and so on. Each team has their roles and responsibilities to perform focusing on their respective departments. As a result, there are data bases for each of the team. Managing these data bases manually at times becomes very difficult. ERP solutions are developed to manage these data bases automatically. There are ERP solutions designed for different processes of an organization. SAP is the leading provider of ERP systems in today’s world. SAP provides different modules such as SAP Human Capital Management, SAP Sales and Distribution, SAP Material Management, SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling, SAP NetWeaver and more for different work processes. SAP methodologies allow organizations to manage different data bases and processes using a single unified system.
SAP ASAP Methodology
Accelerated Strategy, Alignment and Planning Methodology (ASAP) is a methodology that involves people, process and proven technology in managing work and work processes. ASAP methodology helps organizations in many ways in simplifying complex issues in organizations. Some of the most important features of SAP ASAP methodology are:
- Opens up business possibilities for products and services
- Ensures effective strategic decisions
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Maximizes customer value and ROI
- Redefines business processes
- Organizes work processes
- Defines information in a structured manner
- Assesses business risks
These are some of the features and benefits of SAP implementation methodology. To successfully implement SAP ASAP methodology in an organization, a company needs to have certain key elements. An organization should have a vision, experience and effective decision making members and dedicated team to ensure successful SAP implementation methodology. By adopting ASAP methodology, you ensure support for strategic planning efforts and decisions for your organization.
Role of SAP Implementation Methodology
SAP implementation methodology plays a major role in businesses ensuring simplified data processing, integration management and organized work processes. The main reason of implementing SAP methodology is to manage centralized data base information for an organization. There are different SAP modules developed for different process and independent run and install process is required for each module. SAP implementation enhances lead generation and online business possibilities towards growth for the enterprise. Also, organizations are able to manage a single repository using SAP ERP system as there is a single data base system to manage different processes. SAP implementation also enables brilliant analysis of online reporting and documentation. Owing to the powerful role that SAP implementation methodology plays in organizations and the benefits they witness, most of the organizations are adopting SAP implementation. Though it was confined to larger businesses in initial days, small to medium size business too have adopted SAP implementation in their process over the years. In order to ensure successful SAP implementation, users need to have adequate knowledge and experience on using SAP systems. Along with that, users can also adopt best practices to ensure success while adopting SAP implementation methodology. Few of the best practices in SAP implementation are highlighted in the next section.
Best Practices to ensure successful SAP Implementation
- Planning: To have a planning phase in SAP implementation is very important. The requirement and the expected outcome from SAP implementation should be planned in the planning phase. This not just allows you to achieve strategic business goals but also helps you to track the result of profit or loss after SAP implementation.
- Defined Goals and Scope: All the key stakeholders should be aware of the scope of the SAP implementation methodology. The goals should be defined and roles and responsibilities should be clearly distributed.
- Process Selection: SAP implementation work towards better data and work management in organizations. However, you cannot adopt all the SAP modules. It depends on your organization size, need and budget. You need to wisely select the processes for SAP implementation.
These are the best practices to be adopted while implementing SAP methodology in organizations. Enterprises can ensure strategic planning, better decision making power and structured work process in place through implementation of SAP methodologies.