Frontend Development is basically the development of the frontend of the application. It defines how the application appears to the user. In making a robust, interactive, and attractive user interface, a lot goes behind the scenes. Frontend languages play a significant role in app development. This article on Top Frontend Languages covers eight such popular languages.
What Is Frontend Development?
- Frontend development is the part of web development that develops and creates the website's frontend elements or features immediately visible and available to the end-user or client.
- A frontend developer, in essence, is responsible for everything you see, including styling, images, text, alignment, navigation, colors, and so on, and strives to make the user experience as frictionless as possible.
- They also assist with debugging and add to the overall design and look.
- Frontend development's main aims are responsiveness and performance.
Now that you know what Frontend Development is, continue reading to learn the Top Frontend Languages.
1. HyperText Markup Language (HTML)
The most extensively used Frontend Language is HTML, which is a markup language.
HyperText Markup Language is the abbreviation for HyperText Markup Language. It's a programming language that is used to make websites and web apps.
- The term "text wrapped within a text" is used to describe HyperText. It is similar to a hyperlink which has an underlying text that, when clicked, takes you to a different webpage.
- A programming language is not always the same as a markup language. It's instead used to add formatting and layout to a plain text document. As a result, more interactive and dynamic text material is produced.
- A web page is a document that is usually written in HTML and displayed via a web browser. A URL identifies each web page, which might be static or dynamic depending on the needs. We can generate static web pages if we solely use HTML for development.
HTML is widely used for Web Page Development, Game Development, Internet Navigation, Offline Support and Responsive UI.
2. Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
Although CSS is a style sheet, it is also considered as the top Frontend Language.
CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets, is a design language that simplifies making web pages presentable. Selectors are used to pick elements and apply styles to them.
CSS is used to turn a document into a format that audiences can understand. This is especially important for browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, designed to deliver documents to screens, printers, and projectors visually.
CSS is widely used because it saves time, has easy maintenance, offers selectors, text effects, and layouts.
React goes beyond simple UI and has many extensions like Flux and React Native for complete application architecture support.
Two main features of React that make it stand out are -
- JSX - JSX helps make the code easier to understand and debug as it avoids the usage of JS DOM structures that are rather complex.
- Virtual DOM - When an object's state changes, Virtual DOM updates only that particular object in the real DOM instead of all.
Some salient features of Angular are:
- Data Binding - It employs dynamic HTML and does not require complex scripting or programming.
- Just like React, Vue uses virtual DOM as an adopted concept of React. Vue updates any altered HTML and does not update the entire tree. This ensures faster and bug-free performance.
- Vue uses reactive two-way data binding. Based on the input type, it chooses the best method for updating the element.
Some advantages of using Vue include high flexibility, two-way communication, and great tooling.
Features of jQuery
- Document Object model - jQuery's most significant innovation was its fantastic DOM querying tool using familiar CSS selector syntax. This component, now called Sizzle, is a separate open-source component included within the larger open-source jQuery framework.
- Another feature that makes jQuery web development very easy and attractive is its support for chained method calls. Where the API supports it, you can call one method after another by chaining method calls on the backs of one another.
Swift is a programming language for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS that is powerful and easy. Swift code is interactive and exciting to write; the syntax is simple yet expressive, and Swift incorporates modern features that developers appreciate.
Some of the reasons why Swift is widely adopted are: Offers low cost, safety first, developers’ productivity and mobility, and a vast community.
Advance your career as a MEAN stack developer with the Full Stack Web Developer - MEAN Stack Master's Program. Enroll now!
In this article on "Top Frontend Languages'', we explored the top 8 Frontend Languages that are widely used across the globe today. A certification will be useful if you want to gain advanced practical knowledge of full-stack technologies.
If you have any query or suggestion regarding this tutorial, leave a remark or comment below the article. Our experts will respond to your queries and doubts at the earliest.