What Is Artificial Intelligence and Why Gain a AI Certification in This Domain
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is currently the hottest buzzword in tech. And with good reason—the last few years have seen a number of techniques that have previously been in the realm of science fiction slowly transform into reality. Experts look at artificial intelligence as a factor of production which has the potential to introduce new sources of growth and change the way work is done across industries. According to the report How AI Boosts Industry Profits and Innovations, AI is predicted to increase economic growth by an average of 1.7 percent across 16 industries by 2035. The report goes on to say that, by 2035, AI technologies could increase labor productivity by 40 percent or more, there by doubling economic growth in 12 developed nations that continue to draw talented and experienced professionals to work in this domain.
This article provides an overview on AI, its most popular industry applications, potential career paths and how a certification can help you jumpstart your career in this fast-growing domain.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence is a method of making a computer, a computer-controlled robot or a software think intelligently in a manner similar to the human mind. AI is accomplished by studying the patterns of the human brain and by analyzing the cognitive process. The outcome of these studies develops intelligent softwares and systems. Researchers extend the goals of AI to the following:
- Logical Reasoning: AI programs enable computers to perform sophisticated tasks. On February 10, 1996, a computer called Deep Blue, designed by IBM, won a game of chess against the former world champion, Garry Kasparov.
- Knowledge Representation: Smalltalk is an object-oriented, dynamically typed, reflective programming language that was created as the language to underpin the “new world” of computing exemplified by “human-computer symbiosis.”
- Planning and Navigation: The process enabling a computer to get from point A to point B. A prime example of this is Google’s self-driving Toyota Prius.
- Natural Language Processing: Set up computers that can understand and process language.
- Perception: Use computers to interact with the world through sight, hearing, touch, and smell.
- Emergent Intelligence: That is, intelligence that is not explicitly programmed, but emerges from the rest of the explicit AI features. The vision for this goal is to have machines exhibit emotional intelligence, moral reasoning and more.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence
Machines and computers affect the way we live and work. Top companies are constantly rolling out revolutionary changes to how we interact with machine-learning technology.
DeepMind Technologies, a British artificial intelligence company, was acquired by Google in 2014. The company created a Neural Turing Machine, allowing computers to mimic the short-term memory of the human brain.
Google’s driverless cars and Tesla’s Autopilot features are the introductions of AI into the automotive sector. Elon Musk, the founder, and CEO of Tesla Motors has suggested via Twitter that future Teslas will have the ability to predict the destination that their owners are wanting to go to via learning their pattern of behavior using AI.
Furthermore, Watson a question-answering computer system developed by IBM is designed for use in the medical field. Watson suggests various kinds of treatment for patients based on their medical history and has proven to be very effective.
Most people, however, utilize more common applications of AI, such as virtual personal assistants in our smartphones. Siri, Cortana, and Google Assistant are some very commonly used digital assistants that are found in iOS, Windows and Android phones. These applications collect information, interpret what is being asked and then supply the answer via fetched data and each one gradually improves based on user preferences.
Reasons to Gain Artificial Intelligence Certification
Here are the top reasons why you should gain a certification in AI if you’re looking to join this field full of potential:
- Demand for Certified AI Professionals will Continue to Grow
One in five companies will be using AI to make decisions in 2018. It will help companies offer customized solutions and instructions to employees in real-time. Therefore, a sharp increase in demand for professionals with skills in emerging technologies like AI will only grow.
- New and Unconventional Career Paths
AI is expected to create 2.3 million jobs by 2020 according to a recent report from Gartner. The Capgemini report found that 83 percent of companies using AI say that the technology is leading to the creation of new jobs. Because of AI, new skill sets are required in the workforce, leading to new job opportunities. Some of the top AI roles include:
- AI/machine learning researcher: Research and identify improvements to machine learning algorithms.
- AI software development, program management, and testing: Develop systems and infrastructure that can apply machine learning to an input data set.
- Data mining and analysis: Investigate large data sources, often creating and training systems to recognize patterns.
- Machine learning applications: Apply machine learning or AI framework to a specific problem in a different domain. For example, applying machine learning to gesture recognition, ad analysis or fraud detection.
Improve Your Earning Potential
The average Artificial Intelligence engineer can earn $135,000 per year. According to an article in Fortune, many of the top tech enterprises are investing in hiring talent with AI knowledge. A certification in AI is a step in the right direction to enhance your earning potential and make you more marketable.
Higher Chances of an Interview
If you are looking to penetrate the AI industry, a certification like Simplilearn’s Artificial Intelligence Engineer will help you reach the interview stage because you’ll possess skills that many people in the market do not. Certification will help convince prospective employers that you have the right skills and expertise for a job and make you a valuable candidate.
Artificial Intelligence is emerging as the next big thing in the technology field. Organizations are adopting AI and budgeting for certified professionals in the field, thus the demand for trained and certified professionals in AI is increasing. As this new field continues to grow, it will have an impact on everyday life and lead to considerable implications for many industries.
Find our Machine Learning Online Classroom training classes in top cities:
|Machine Learning||9 Mar -13 Apr 2019, Weekend batch||Your City||View Details|
|Machine Learning||16 Mar -20 Apr 2019, Weekend batch||San Francisco||View Details|
|Machine Learning||22 Mar -26 Apr 2019, Weekdays batch||Chicago||View Details|
Recommended articles for you
AI Everywhere – How AI Is Impacting Industries WorldwideArticle
Time to Learn AIArticle
The Future of Work Depends on AI-human PartnershipsArticle