We have moved away from Facebook and Google+ logins. To access your account please use the forgot password link to generate a new password. Alternatively, you can also use LinkedIn to login if your LinkedIn email id matches with your Facebook or Google+ account.
Top 20 Online Resources to Learn Java Programming Faster and better
Last updated on May 05, 2016
Looking to beef up your programming skills? Need to upgrade your Java skills –and quick?
Worry not. Here are top 50+ online Resources to learn java programming faster and better:
1. Mkyong: Most developers find quick overview of coding scripts with descriptive examples and images here. It is a platform to explore various frameworks. Free tools can be downloaded either for commercial or non-commercial use. Visit Mkyong
2. Programmingbydoing: consists of more than 100 articles with hundreds of discussions for the most problematic of topics, ultimate and best alternative to learn; Visit programbydoing
3. Stackoverflow: geared towards universal skills learning from one another and gets benefited; teaches how to increase inclusion both internally and in tech community? Once active, you can access all the questions and answers in multiple communities. Visit Stackoverflow
4. HackerRank: to check the potential and to make ready for face competitive heat with career gains; used by 846 thousand developers, offers 30 languages to learn from, 4000 day today challenges to crack and more than 1000 companies that hire coding experts. Visit Hackerrank
5. Javacodegeeks: comprehensive reference of tips, examples or libraries; online, readable documents for java, Programming skills covering, tutorials, and many free downloadable programming books: Visit Javacodegeeks
6. Simplilearn: focuses on offering training and certification courses online (virtual), all in one place. Broad overview, almost all, aspects explored by excellent and experienced trainers. Visit Simplilearn
Course Preview for Java provided by Simplilearn is as follows:
Advanced Java Programming Training Video by Simplilearn.
7. Javarevisited.blogspot.in: for any Java Problem, this blog is the depth knowledge for programming scenarios which you may not have solved easily; read, learns and share concepts with the project-based learning approach of Java. Visit Javarevisited
8. FunProgramming: experiment and build while you work: its initiative has unique concept of coding a Java program, helps you in asking questions and comments on each video you visit. New and older recorded videos on Java coding can be searched and later: Visit Funprogramming
9. Introcs.cs.princeton.edu: completely meant for beginners who can start from beginning without any prior knowledge. The resource has enabled a couple of book links: Visit Introcs.cs.princeton.edu
10. Sanfoundry: suitable for intensive knowledge on all areas of Java Programming; more than 100 topics of java are covered here. It has embarked on a mission to provide free quality content (10000+ Quizzes & Programs) on C, SAN and other core computer science topics. Visit Sanfoundry
11. Github.com: Powerful collaboration of open source tools, wide code host on the planet with over 21.8 million repositories. The repository simplifying team management, to support over 200 programming languages, integration tracking, field test tools etc. Visit Github
12. Javalessons: “learn Java and more”; focus on simple examples to make easy learning for beginners. Tutorials are taught in Interactive lesson Viewer. Visit Javalessons
13. Journaldev: posts are categorized in form of tutorials; consists of Java collections Framework, interfaces, classes, algorithms and more tools. The blog’s aim is to have a clear understanding in Java with examples and project code explanation: Visit Journaldev
15. Dzone: earlier known as Javalobby, gives you a deeper insight of real developer user cases, perfect tools and scenarios. Preview of various downloadable latest books; depicting Infographics, 750 IT professionals and developers give result of survey taken for the articles.
16. Buggybread: vibrant community across globe; can ask questions, give advice, and contribute, Creative Data Models, hundreds of practical working examples, lessons, Groups of related lessons:Visit Buggybread
17. Java9s: dedicatedly communicates through video based tutorials; responsible to help register, remove and notify observers. Visit Java9s
18. Pvtuts.com: Hub of video tutorials including Java and other programming languages, comprehensive and detailed in skilled Programming videos, free to contact in PVT for any query, addition, improvement or any other explanation. Visit Pvtuts
19. Showmedo: can be called as “open source educational site”. An archive of 10 video-series, 38 videos and 3 learning-paths with the tag java is a good kick start for any Java beginner or Professional. Visit Showmedo
20. Codingbat: optimized for learning, testing, and training. References, Tutorials and examples are constantly reviewed to avoid errors. Visit codingbat
Some more high quality blogs which are regularly updated:
1. Programcreek.com: Introduction of Java, their Design patterns, Comparison, Algorithms, Java Basics, Advanced Java and lot more of Questionnaire session are focused. Visit Programcreek
2. Java Deep: learning trails provide everything in java execution; which gives you in depth knowledge of pros and cons of each and every programming scenario. Visit Javadeep
3. Java Tutorial: the vibrant Java community gives a complete A-Z articles and articles on Java. The blog teaches with best examples and details of respective topics. Visit Java Tutorial
4. Adam bien’s weblog: blogs is designed with supporting videos, questions and programming Articles. Their Solutions are simple of ever –changing requirements. Visit Adam bien’s weblog
5. Jenkov.com: an online media and software product company makes its own products and websites. The blog develops concise and understanding software application from idea and beyond. Visit Jencov.com
6. Frankel: good explainer integrates in testing; which is an advantage for geeks. Visit Frankel
8. Marxsoftware: inspired by observations and thoughts in code demonstrations. Visit Marxsoftware
9. NoBlogDefFound: Spring framework, algorithms, validates, strategies – in implementations of Java. Visit NoBlogDefFound
10. Jooq: alternative to JPA, Code is much better at expressing algorithms than configuration: continue using JDBC and more. Visit Jooq
11. Takipi: java blogs with lots of images representation: tells when and why code breaks in production. Once installed and connected, detects all events (caught and uncaught exceptions). Visit Takipi
12. Plumbr: combines in and out java: discovers performance issues and setting automatic problem solutions; Solutions guidelines: Problem in any code or Problem in JVM Code. Visit Plumbr
13. Javapapers: testing and code quality tools: useful java libraries. A wide index of Java tutorials. Visit Javapapers
15. InfoQ: Covers all topics going around globe in Java community: Presentations, News, Articles, and books, Research: have 980,000 unique monthly visitors. Visit InfoQ
16. Javaworld: Core Java, Enterprise Java, Events, Java App Dev, Learn Java and Mobile Java: are some of enhanced tabs. One of Best blog for Java developers, Java architects and Managers to get professional as well career growth. Visit Javaworld
Java Coding is categorized into ‘controversial' or 'hot’ etc. based on their level of importance. Questions could very basic, like: “Could I turn my code into an executable file?” Click on any of them here and somewhere you'll get a path to your solution.
Including online resources, blogs, and examples in this article make Java Programmers thrives and continues to grow. Certification in Java Programming gives you a boost in career path for maximum benefits.
If you know any resources like this, you can comment about it, it will add more value to this article.
I have put down highly useful resources that may come in handy to improve your Java programming skills in one month.
Leave your details and Our training consultant will get back to you
Disclaimer: "PMI®", "PMBOK®", "PMP®", "PMI-RMP®", "CAPM®" and "PMI-ACP®" are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Swirl logoTM is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.
MSP® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) and Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST) are registered trade marks of SCRUM ALLIANCE®
Professional Scrum Master is a registered trademark of Scrum.org
The APMG-International Finance for Non-Financial Managers and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
The Open Group®, TOGAF® are trademarks of The Open Group.
IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
CBAP® is a registered certification mark owned by International Institute of Business Analysis. Certified Business Analysis Professional, EEP and the EEP logo are trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
COBIT® is a trademark of ISACA® registered in the United States and other countries.
CISA® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) and the IT Governance Institute.
CISSP® is a registered mark of The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium ((ISC)2).
CISCO®, CCNA®, and CCNP® are trademarks of Cisco and registered trademarks in the United States and certain other countries.