Below are the lessons covered in this lecture:
Hello everyone! My name is Diana, and I am a certified CompTIA Security Plus trainer with an experience of nearly 15 years in the industry. In this period, I have not only implemented security solutions across industries in different verticals, but also had a chance to interact with numerous students, and understand their pain areas related to clearing the Security Plus Exam, SY0-401.
So, let’s begin this course on CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-401, offered by Simplilearn.
After completing this lesson, you will be able to:
• Discuss the preparation material for Exam SY0-401,
• Categorize the target audience and prerequisites of the course,
• Indicate the value of CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-401 for professionals and organizations, and
• Describe the lessons covered in the course.
Let's take a look at the course map and the domains included in this course.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Comprehend the theories of networking security,
• Describe the risk-related concepts,
• Examine the security threats and vulnerabilities,
• Predict data, application, and host security,
• Identify and implement Access Control and Account Management security measures,
• Practise digital certificates,
• Demonstrate compliance and operational security measures,
• Develop and manage security incidents, and
• Prepare methods to mitigate security risks in static environments.
This course is Simplilearn’s preparation material for exam SY0-401, and it deals with advance topics such as executing, monitoring, and troubleshooting infrastructure, design elements, secure network, preparation for various attacks, and operational security.The course is intended for IT professionals working in networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol-Internet Protocol or TCP-IP networks, and are familiar with other operating systems, such as Mac OS X®, UNIX, or Linux.
This course is even apt for IT professionals interested in a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics, or for those preparing for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination.
Additionally, this course targets individuals interested in using Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
The prerequisites for this course are as follows:
• Basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking.
• Using Microsoft® Windows® 8.1.
• Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 transition from Windows® 7.
Professionals can enhance their skills from the CompTIA Security Plus Exam SY0-401 in the following ways:
● Develop skills required to design a network,
● Qualify them for a career path, which can range from business shifts from traditional software models to Internet, and
● Enable technologists to demonstrate security concepts and technologies.
Organizations can benefit from the CompTIA Security Plus (Exam SY0-401) in the following ways:
• Recognize the possible security threats,
• Implement appropriate solutions to overcome the identified threats, and
• Utilize the certified talent to optimize network and system security, and gain results for the organization’s IT and network infrastructure.
There are six domains in this course. Take a look at the domain names listed on the screen along with the lessons covered.
Also, there are 12 scenarios spread cross six domains to give you hands-on experience on a few key concepts of CompTIA Security Plus.
The possible question types in the CompTIA Security Plus (Exam SY0-401) are as follows:
• Multiple choice questions
• Case studies
• Drag and drop
• Repeated answer choices
Note the question types are not restricted to the list given here. For more information on the question types and exam format, check the displayed link on the screen.
Some of the key inputs on the CompTIA Security Plus are presented on your screen
Critical information can be found on the CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-401 website, which gives the required skills and preparation materials for this exam.
This concludes the Course Overview. The next lesson is ‘Implementing Security Configuration Parameters on Network Devices and Other Technologies.’
Wishing you all the luck for this course.
This lesson is part of