Automation is a core component in today’s digital business world, and that means more job openings and career opportunities. Organizations and businesses are stepping up their recruitment efforts, too, interviewing more candidates than ever.
If you are one of those hopefuls, then you must brush up on your automation knowledge before sitting down for that all-important interview. We present to you a valuable preparation guide for aspiring Automation Anywhere professionals, with two dozen popular questions you will most likely be asked during your interview.
The questions are divided into basic, intermediate, and advanced categories, and are ideal for refreshing your set of robotic process automation skills. While space restrictions prevent us from addressing every possible question, this selection covers a good range of the more likely ones.
Naturally, practice makes perfect, so after you’ve familiarized yourself with these automation anywhere questions, why not take a practice test?
If you’re interested in interviewing for positions that use other automation tools, check out these UiPath interview questions!
Learn the architecture of Automation Anywhere, RPA software components, and more with Automation Anywhere Online Training. Enroll now!
Let us now begin learning from some of the top automation anywhere interview questions by beginning with the basic level questions.
Basic Automation Anywhere Interview Questions
We start on the ground floor, touching upon basic concepts and introductory-level questions. These Automation Anywhere interview questions are of particular use for applicants shooting for an RPA developer or engineer position.
1. What is Automation?
A: It’s a technique used to create a system or process that functions automatically. Automation can also refer to the process of monitoring or controlling production, as well as the delivery of various goods and services.
2. What is RPA? Why is RPA used?
To best understand the concept of RPA, you need to look at each term separately:
- Robotic. Robots are machines that imitate the human activity
- Process. A step by step procedure that results in a practical activity, such as making a cup of coffee
- Automation. The process where robots perform tasks without human intervention
3. What is Automation Anywhere?
4. What’s the difference between automation and RPA?
A: Automation is a process designed to reduce execution time by automating repetitive tasks. RPA also performs automated tasks, but it learns and adapts to various situations. Once trained in the processes of an existing application, the RPA-driven tool can perform new actions and communicate with other systems.
5. Can you use Automation Anywhere to test the agile method?
A: Yes, you can, especially in cases like continuous integration. However, you can’t use Automation Anywhere in situations where there is complex documentation, or there is no need to change agile testing requirements.
6. Name some benefits of Automation Anywhere.
A: Among the benefits of Automation Anywhere:
- It’s easy to program and deploy, thanks to a user-friendly front-end
- It’s easy to integrate with other systems
- It’s designed for enterprise-level customers, freeing up multiple departments to work on processes that require human interaction
- It handles complex functions, by processing and automating tasks that would otherwise take thousands of lines of code to accomplish
- It highly compatible, supporting different buttons, icons, and user-generated events
7. Name the three types of Automation Anywhere bots.
A: The three bot types are:
- IQ Bots, which add cognitive capabilities to the automated process
- Meta Bots, which integrate dynamic link libraries (DLL) to use with back-end automation
- Task Bots, which execute the repetitive, rule-based tasks
8. In your opinion, why do you think Automation Anywhere is better than manual testing?
A: There are three reasons why RPA Automation Anywhere avoids manual testing:
- Manual testing takes a lot of time
- Manual testing demands plenty of additional resources
- Manual testing is susceptible to human error
After going through some of the beginner level automation anywhere interview questions, let us level up and look at some of the intermediate Automation Anywhere interview questions and answers.
Intermediate Automation Anywhere Interview Questions
Time to turn up the heat a little and get into some tougher Automation Anywhere interview questions.
9. How many recorders does Automation Anywhere have?
A: Automation Anywhere has three recorders:
- Screen recorders for desktop-based apps and tasks that require many clicks
- Smart recorders for task-building—usable for both web and desktop applications
- Web recorders for repetitive tasks and are used for various web applications.
10. Name the four Automation Anywhere software frameworks.
A: The frameworks are:
- Modular automation
- Hybrid automation
11. What is a framework?
A: Frameworks are platforms on which developers can create programs for particular purposes Consider frameworks as platforms to build any suite, including automation suites
12. Name five things that you can automate.
A: Five things you can automate using Automation Anywhere are:
- Building deployments
- Data creation tests
- Performing automation behind a Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Smoke test suites
- Smoke sanity test suites
13. Name some Automation Anywhere tools.
A: Automation Anywhere’s most essential tools for testing include QTP, Robotium, SoapUI, and Telerik Test Studio.
14. How many Automation Anywhere commands are there?
A: There are approximately 575 commands in Automation Anywhere’s command library, found in the AAE Client Task Editor.
15. Explain the difference between a Wait command and a Delay command.
A: The most significant difference between the two terms lies with the parameters you use. If you’re waiting for the screen or its components to change, then use the Wait command. If, however, you are working on loops meant to improve an action’s performance in a task, then use Delay.
16. Name the five factors that a developer must consider when planning to use Automation Anywhere.
A: The five factors you must consider are:
- Choosing the most appropriate automation tools
- Designing the right framework
- Setting up the ideal test environment
- Identifying the test deliverables beforehand
- Creating a timeline for the project
It’s essential to consider the project’s unique needs before using Automation Anywhere. Be sure that the project is well-defined.
Let us set aside the easy part and get into the advanced level interview questions on Automation Anywhere.
Advanced Automation Anywhere Interview Questions and Answers
Finally, we reach the expert domain. You will find tougher Automation Anywhere interview questions here—things most likely asked of candidates who are applying for something more than just an entry-level position.
17. What factors are essential to keep in mind when considering scripting standards for Automation Anywhere?
A: Consider the following factors:
- Error handling and management
- Optimized use of the framework where needed
- Uniform naming convention
- Proper indentation
18. What is object cloning in Automation Anywhere?
A: The object cloning command recognizes objects and various properties, including name, path, type, and value.
19. What’s the role of Control Room in Automation Anywhere?
A: Control Room is the central interface in Automation Anywhere. It is a web-based platform that controls Automation Anywhere, offering centralized features such as automation deployment, dashboard deployment, source control, and user management.
20. What are the characteristics of a properly functioning Automation Anywhere framework?
A: A good Automation Anywhere framework has the following attributes:
- Contains self-reliant scripts
- It is reusable
- Has built-in reporting capabilities
- Follows coding-related practices
- Integrates with many kinds of applications and different frameworks
21. Can you read PDFs through Automation Anywhere?
A: Yes, by using the PDF Integration command.
22. List the Control Room options.
A: These are Control Room’s options:
- App Management
- Audit Trail
- Credential Manager
- Operation Control Room
- Repository Manager
- Task Scheduler
23. What system variables does Automation Anywhere offer for creating timestamps?
A: You can use the following variables to append timestamps:
Furthermore, you can combine the above variables and design a customized timestamp. You can also add text characters between each variable.
24. Can you completely automate a process using Automation Anywhere?
A: Yes, it’s possible to achieve one hundred percent automation with Automation Anywhere. However, whether you should do so or not depends on the organization’s priorities.
Are you well versed with the concepts of Automation Anywhere architecture and RPA software components? Try answering these Automation Anywhere Certification Dumps and find out now!
Do You Want a Career in Automation Anywhere?
Robotic Process Automation is the wave of the future, and there are many opportunities for ambitious professionals who want to take on a challenge and put themselves at the forefront of the automation revolution. Simplilearn offers the perfect first step with their Automation Anywhere Certified Advanced RPA Professional Training Course.
This Automation Anywhere certification course is designed to jumpstart your career in the rapidly growing field of Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Simplilearn’s Automation Anywhere certification training introduces you to the Automation Anywhere platform, architecture, specifications, and functionality.
Whether you choose a corporate training solution or use Simplilearn’s unique Blended Learning option, you will enjoy the benefits of 36 hours of in-depth learning, over a dozen industry-relevant projects, and access to Automation Anywhere official training content. The course also teaches you about relevant tools like Zoho Inventory, Quickbooks, Adobe Utilities, and Office365.
Payscale.com reports that the average annual Automation Anywhere salary hovers around USD 129,000, depending on the actual position (e.g., Senior Software Engineer, Sales Engineer, Senior Product Manager, or Senior Event Manager).
Visit Simplilearn today, and start a new, exciting career in automation!