Every passing year brings the digital world a whole new crop of buzzwords and phrases.The influx of new terms means all aspiring tech gurus are obliged to keep up, especially if they want to retain their reputation for being current and hip. One of the latest buzz phrases that are gaining more visibility is “Machine Learning.” If you haven’t heard it before, don’t stress; this is your chance to get in the know.
What is Machine Learning?
To put it simply, machine learning is a form of artificial intelligence that automates data analysis, allowing computers to learn through experience to perform tasks without explicit programming. It’s no secret that AI and machine learning skills are increasingly in demand. In a market growing as rapidly as this one, there are a plethora of machine learning tools available. If you choose the one that is right for you, machine learning can make various processes faster and more efficient. Making the right choice for you and your organization can be tricky, but we will take you through a few of the most popular to help get you started.
Top 10 Machine Learning Tools
1. Microsoft Azure Machine Learning
Azure Machine Learning is a cloud platform that allows developers to build, train, and deploy AI models. Microsoft is constantly making updates and improvements to its machine learning tools and has recently announced changes to Azure Machine Learning, retiring the Azure Machine Learning Workbench.
2. IBM Watson
Watson Machine Learning is an IBM cloud service that uses data to put machine learning and deep learning models into production. This machine learning tool allows users to perform training and scoring, two fundamental machine learning operations. Keep in mind, IBM Watson is best suited for building machine learning applications through API connections.
3. Google TensorFlow
TensorFlow, which is used for research and production at Google, is an open-source software library for dataflow programming. The bottom line, TensorFlow is a machine learning framework. This machine learning tool is relatively new to the market and is evolving quickly. TensorFlow's easy visualization of neural networks is likely the most attractive feature to developers.
4. Amazon Machine Learning
It should come as no surprise that Amazon offers an impressive number of machine learning tools. According to the AWS website, Amazon Machine Learning is a managed service for building Machine Learning models and generating predictions. Amazon Machine Learning includes an automatic data transformation tool, simplifying the machine learning tool even further for the user. In addition, Amazon also offers other machine learning tools such as Amazon SageMaker, which is a fully-managed platform that makes it easy for developers and data scientists to utilize machine learning models.
OpenNN is an open-source software library for neural network development. It provides a high-performance implementation of various types of neural networks. It offers an easy-to-use interface with a wide range of customization options, making it suitable for beginners and advanced users. Additionally, it supports multiple operating systems and programming languages, and its computational speed is optimized for both CPU and GPU architectures. It's features include:
- Open-source neural network software library
- Supports various types of neural networks
- User-friendly interface with customization options
PyTorch is an open-source machine learning library that is widely used for deep learning tasks. It was developed by Facebook's artificial intelligence research group and is based on the Torch library. PyTorch's dynamic computational graph system, flexibility, and easy-to-use interface make it a popular choice among researchers and practitioners. It's features include:
- Dynamic computational graph system
- Support for tensor computation with GPUs
- Easy-to-use interface and extensive documentation
7. Vertex AI
Vertex AI is a cloud-based machine learning platform developed by Google. It allows developers and data scientists to build, deploy, and manage large-scale machine learning models. Vertex AI supports various popular machine learning frameworks and tools, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, and scikit-learn. Its features and tools are designed to streamline the machine learning workflow and help users achieve faster and more accurate results. It's features include:
- AutoML tools for automated model selection and hyperparameter tuning
- Integration with other Google Cloud services for seamless data management and deployment
- Model monitoring and explainability tools to help ensure model fairness and reliability
BigML is a cloud-based machine learning platform that allows users to build and deploy predictive models quickly and easily. With a user-friendly interface and powerful automation tools, BigML enables organizations to derive insights from their data and make better decisions. Some of its key features include:
- Automated machine learning: BigML's AutoML capability automatically selects the best algorithm and hyperparameters for a given task, reducing the time and expertise required to build accurate models.
- Model explainability: BigML's platform provides transparency into how models make predictions, enabling users to understand and validate the results.
- Seamless integration: BigML integrates with a wide range of data sources and tools, incorporating machine learning into existing workflows.
9. Apache Mahout
Apache Mahout is an open-source machine learning library designed to provide scalable and efficient implementations of machine learning algorithms. It includes a range of algorithms for clustering, classification, and collaborative filtering, among others. Some of the key features of Apache Mahout are:
- Scalability: Mahout can efficiently handle large datasets and can scale up to handle big data with the help of Apache Hadoop.
- Flexibility: It supports multiple programming languages.
- Extensibility: Mahout provides a framework for building custom algorithms and integrating with other tools and libraries.
Weka is a popular open-source machine learning tool that provides a collection of algorithms for data preprocessing, classification, regression, clustering, and visualization. It is widely used in academic and industrial settings and supports a variety of file formats. Some of the key features of Weka are:
- User-friendly interface: Weka provides a graphical user interface that allows users to easily explore and analyze data.
- Extensibility: Weka allows users to develop and integrate their own algorithms and extensions into the tool.
- Comprehensive documentation and support: Weka has a large community of users and developers, and provides extensive documentation, tutorials, and forums for support.
Still not sure which of these machine learning tools will meet your needs? Perhaps becoming better-trained machine learning training will give you the power to make a more informed decision. Simplilearn's Caltech Post Graduate Program in AI and Machine Learning will help make you an expert in machine learning through hands-on exercises and real-life industry projects.