You're not alone if you're feeling lost about your next steps. Many people transition out of their current careers for various reasons, but there are a few things you can do to get back on track.
Web Development at a Glance
Web development can be daunting, but with the right resources and guidance, the web developer can make the process much more straightforward. This write-up will provide an overview of the most common web development frameworks, tips for optimizing a website, and pointers on securing your site.
15+ Best Web Development Courses in 2023
1. Web Development Course by Simplilearn
How You'll Learn - Use the most popular front-end development frameworks like React, Angular and Vue. You'll also learn about Webpack and how to use it to build your projects.
- Self-paced online course.
- Beginner-friendly course.
- Programming Practices
- How to Create Interactive Content for the Web
3. Learn Web Development - Mozilla
- If you are a beginner or expert, this is very helpful for you to become a taught developer.
- There is no disadvantage.
4. Full-Stack Web Development For Free by CodingNinjas
What You'll Learn - This course is a comprehensive introduction to web development. It will teach you to build a website from scratch using HTML and CSS, the two most important languages for web design. You will learn how to use Bootstrap, a free and open-source framework that makes designing websites easier.
- This course helps you become a beginner and professional developer.
- No, there are no disadvantages.
5. Full Stack Web Development by Coding Elements
What You'll Learn - Full Stack Web Development by Coding Elements is an excellent course for any beginner who wants to learn web development. There are many topics covered in this course, and it’s divided into five sections:
1. Introduction to Programming
2. HTML and CSS Fundamentals
4. jQuery Fundamentals
5. Python Fundamentals
How You'll Learn - The course is entirely hands-on so that you can see the results of your work in a matter of minutes.
- Development by coding elements is a great way to learn about computer programming.
- It can help you learn how to code in a different language.
- It is an excellent way to challenge yourself and your mental capacity.
- Development by coding elements is not for those who don't enjoy solving puzzles or overcoming challenges.
- It can be not easy if you are not already familiar with the language used in the course.
6. Intro to HTML5 - University of Michigan
What You'll Learn - In this course, you will learn the basics of HTML5 and its features, such as tags for headings, lists, paragraphs and more. You’ll also learn about the latest web design trends with HTML5 features like rounded corners or gradients.
How You'll Learn - This course is an introduction to HTML5. You will learn how to create web pages and other internet content, including text, graphics, video and animation.
- The cons of the course are that it is not as popular as it should be.
7. Web Development by Codecademy
How You'll Learn - You must maintain consistency and dedication to this course.
- The best platform for learning code is focused on front-end and back-end technologies.
- No disadvantages.
8. Web Development: A Primer
How You'll Learn - You will get an overview of what each language is used for and how they work together to build websites. The course includes examples of how to write HTML tags and attributes, properties in CSS like colour, size, etc., and some basic styling with CSS.
- The course is well structured.
- It's an easy and exciting way to learn the basics of web development.
- You need to have some time on your hands to complete it.
- The web dev Programming Foundations course by Duke is that it provides you with the skills and knowledge to build a career in web development.
- It also does not provide you with any knowledge about front-end technologies like Angular or React.
10. Web Developer on Google Digital Garage
How You'll Learn - In this course, you'll learn how to build basic and advanced web pages with HTML and CSS. You'll also learn how to design for the web with Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- The Web Developer course is a great way to learn more about web development, coding and how the internet works.
- The course lasts 12 weeks and has four weekly lessons.
11. Web Design and Development Program by Cornell
What You'll Learn - Cornell's Web Design and Development Certificate program is a comprehensive course that will teach you how to create websites. The system consists of 12 modules that will help you learn how to design, build, and maintain websites. You need to show consistency for this course.
- The course is Foundations of Web Design, where students will learn about visual design principles that govern effective website design.
- No, disadvantages.
12. Web Development using React and JSX by the University of Toronto
In this course, you'll learn how to:
- Build a web application from scratch using React and JSX.
- Use React's built-in components for input forms, navigation, lists, tables, etc.
- Create custom components with props and state.
How You'll Learn - You need to follow this course to get hands-on experience with real projects. This will help you understand the importance of coding and what goes into it.
- In this course, you learn React is essential to advance, which is used by many large companies such as Facebook, Instagram, Airbnb and Netflix because of its performance and scalability.
- No disadvantages.
13. Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python - eDx by MIT
What You'll Learn - The course introduces basic concepts in computer science and programming using Python, including how to use fundamental data structures like lists, tuples, dicts, and sets; how to write programs to solve problems; how to read and write files; how to work with text; how to use control flow statements such as if/elif/else statements and for loops; and how to draw shapes on the screen.
How You'll Learn - Only follow course structures consistently.
- This course is designed for people with little or no programming experience.
- The course will not make anyone an expert programmer.
How You'll Learn - You only need to understand a little bit of programming.
- No cost
15. Front-End Web Development with React - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
What You'll Learn - The course is designed for beginners with no programming experience who want to learn Front-End Web Development with React by Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
How You'll Learn - Follow the course curriculum to become a developer.
- Online course
- Easy to learn
- No disadvantages
How You'll Learn - To start the course, you must know basic coding.
- Easy to learn.
- Course design by experts.
- This course is costly.
- The courses are only sometimes updated to reflect the most current trends in web development.
All courses are good in their own right. You have to understand which courses are helping you meet your goals, and the starting point matches your existing skill levels. If you are looking to enhance your web development skills further, we would recommend you to check Simplilearn’s Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. This course, developed in collaboration with Caltech CTME, can give you the right platform to hone the right skills and become job-ready in no time.
If you have any questions or queries, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Our team will get back to you at the earliest.