If you know how to interpret data and have good communication skills, you can easily become a Digital Analyst. Digital Marketing Analysts have a diverse skill set; they are aware of marketing trends, tools, and concepts; alongside, they understand how to derive insights from raw data. Wondering how to become a Digital Analyst? We have decoded the process and skills required to become a Digital Analyst in this article!
Who is a Digital Analyst?
A digital analyst aggregates all the data for a company’s digital assets. Their daily task involves preparing reports, conducting analysis, exploring dashboards and evaluating website visitors. They use CRM software and intelligence tools for their data analytics work. Digital marketing analysts also study competitors' performance on the internet and tap into the unexplored opportunities for their brand. Another set of skills required to become a digital analyst is SEO, SMM, SEM and Keyword Research.
Skills Required to Become a Digital Analyst
Digital marketing analysis is a complex job role. Therefore, specific skills are required to make a career in this field -
- Analytical thinking
- Communication skills
- Affinity for numbers
- Proficiency in data visualization
- Business intelligence
- Organizational skills
Difference Between Data Analyst and Digital Analyst
Data analyst is a blanket term used for anyone who performs data analysis. However, digital analytics involves data analysis of digital platforms, including information from online advertising, website analytics and social media.
Digital Analyst - Job Responsibilities
Digital analysts help marketing teams understand the outcomes of their marketing campaigns and initiatives. They also help transform how the marketing operations are enforced in the organization. Digital analytics insights help redo the marketing strategy and number-driven decisions for the upcoming campaigns. Other responsibilities of these professionals are as follows -
- Simplify complex data into easy to understand information
- Insights into digital marketing performance
- Communicate findings across various levels of an organization
- Modify campaigns to optimize KPIs
Tools for Digital Marketing Analysis
Digital Analysts collect, combine and measure data from several digital sources. They evaluate data from social media channels, websites, emails, and browser advertisements. These are some of the tools that are essential to making a career in this field -
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Insights
- Google Ads
- Google Ads Manager
- Google Analytics
- YouTube Analytics
- Microsoft Excel
- Bing Ads Manager
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google Tag Manager
- LinkedIn Ads
- SE Ranking
- Twitter Ads
- Youtube Advertising
Salary of a Digital Marketing Analyst
As the career of a Digital Marketing analyst is challenging, these professionals get high salaries. Here are country-wise salaries given to these professionals -
- USA: $45,000 to $70,000
- France: €53,857
- Australia: A$60,684
- Brazil: R$78,005
- Singapore – S$40,000
- Canada: CA$69,207
- India: INR 4.6 to 8 Lakhs
The compensation can vary depending upon your experience and the type of company you are applying for.
How to Become a Digital Analyst?
The simplest way to become a digital analyst is by taking a professional course that can teach you all the required skills in a set period. We offer an excellent Post Graduate Program in Digital Marketing & Analytics in collaboration with IIIT Tiruchirappalli. You will get to deep dive into various facets of digital marketing and get customer insights with the help of analytics tutorials. Here are some other reasons to sign-up for this program -
- Become a part of IIIT Trichy - Get a Post Graduate Program Certificate and Alumni Association membership from IIIT Trichy.
- LevelUp Sessions - Attend sessions by the world’s leading experts like Mollie Spilman and Dorie Clark.
- Industry-Aligned Curriculum - Harvard Business case studies, 25+ course-end projects, and masterclasses by IIIT Trichy.
- Career Support - Career mentorship, access to recruitment drives, resume assistance, and interview prep.
- Curriculum- Harvard Business Case studies, Capstone from 5 domains and 25+ hands-on course end projects
Course Curriculum for Post Graduate Program in Digital Marketing and Analytics
- Orientation Session for Digital Marketing & Analytics Certificate
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization: Creating Winning Digital Ecosystems
- Pay Per Click: Reaching Your Customers Efficiently
- Web Analytics: Deciphering the Language of Digital Marketing
- Social Media Marketing: Engaging the Customer and Building Advocacy
- The Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence
- Application of Data Analytics
- Digital Marketing Capstone
- Academic Masterclasses in Digital Marketing and Analytics - IIIT Tiruchirappalli
- Advanced Email Marketing
- Advanced Content Marketing
- Advanced Mobile Marketing
- Introduction to Big Data and Hadoop
Have any doubts on how to become a Digital Analyst? Let us know in the comment section below. Simplilearn offers a wide range of professional courses to help you improve. Visit our website and find out relevant courses that match your career requirements.