With the number of management tools out there, finding one that suits your needs perfectly can get hard. But don’t worry, we have done all the hard work for you. In this article, we have curated a list of the best management tools you must know and their best features. We have also suggested ways to find the right tool for your team and the features you need to look for based on what you are working on.
What are Management Tools?
Any tool that makes your work easier can be considered a management tool. Let’s say that you are building a house. It is a complex project in which tasks must be done in a particular order. You cannot put up windows if you haven’t put up walls. You will also have dozens of contractors working on the house and you need to know who is responsible for pouring the foundation, laying the tiles, and so on. You also need to see their availability and schedule them in the right order. The best way to handle such complex projects is to use a management tool.
Use of Management Tools
While simple projects require nothing more than a to-do list, complex ones require proper planning, assigning tasks, setting deadlines, making sure that everyone sticks to them, and tracking the time spent. You also need to identify and delegate tasks properly according to their importance and that’s where the use of management tools comes in.
Modern management tools are a type of online collaborative app. Everyone working on a project can log in and see what task they are supposed to do and when. With certain permissions in place, individuals can also see what everyone else is doing, what is needed for them to get the work done, and when.
Top 10 Management Tools
Scoro is regarded as one of the best effective business management tools for creative and professional services. In addition, it is the appropriate PM tool for individuals who want to organize their work.
Top Features of Scoro:
- A centralized place for teams, clients, and projects
- Utilize a streamlined workflow to stay organized in all facets of your business
- Receive automated reports and a real-time summary
- It may be combined with programs like Mailchimp, Outlook, DropBox, and others.
To aid people and organizations in gaining better visibility and control over work management, a highly committed team created Workzone. To keep everyone on the same page, it provides them with a central location to coordinate and share work.
Top Features of Workzone:
- You can obtain high-level updates to let everyone know what tasks are coming up
- It allows for quicker communication
- The ability to easily create tasks, make to-do lists, and share files increases teamwork
- Set permissions for various people, including clients.
One of the straightforward and feature-rich project Management tools, ProProfs Project, is made to make tracking, managing, and completing projects for companies of all sizes straightforward and simple. It consolidates all your initiatives under one roof and also enables your teams to collaborate on them. They can discuss challenges, exchange files on the move, leave feedback in task comments, and receive real-time updates on project progress.
The tool helps you with everything, including allocating and prioritizing tasks as well as tracking and carrying them out. Additionally, you may make invoices, monitor billable and non-billable hours, and generate timesheets for every team member.
Top Features of Proprofs:
- Gantt diagrams
- Shared Calendar
- Custom Workflow
- Custom Workflow
- Informative reports
- Generation of invoices
- Drag and drop features
250k project managers worldwide already laud GanttPRO as one of the greatest management tools. It assists in creating project plans and timetables, monitoring workflow, managing budgets, adhering to deadlines, and establishing effective communication in one place. The solution offers ready-made Gantt chart templates for a fast start.
Top Features of GanttPRO:
- It ensures that the workload is balanced by having all resources engaged
- Collaboration tools: notifications, attachments, and comments
- Workspace: Board view and Gantt charts
- Easy start with project templates.
Project managers should utilize nTask as it makes monitoring and managing tasks simple and effective. You can use it to keep track of project deadlines, resources, and advancement. In-depth reports from nTask let you understand where you must grow. No matter where you are, nTask is simple because it is accessible online or as a smartphone app. In addition, even non-technical folks can easily get started using it thanks to its user-friendly interface.
Chanty is a hybrid project management application that serves as both a collaborative team tool and a task management system. A task can be created from a message, given to a team member, given a due date, and a priority rating. It leads to a conversation on the task at hand. Additionally, video and audio calls are included in Chanty. Third-party apps like Zapier, Dropbox, Asana, Bitbucket, Mailchimp, Onedrive, Github, Gitlab, Trello, Giphy, Google Drive, etc., can all be integrated with Chanty.
Top Features of Chanty:
- Kanban board
- Prioritized tasks
- Task Discussion
- Third-party integrations
Redbooth is one of the most user-friendly online task and project management tools for busy teams. Redbooth enables you to keep your entire group coordinated, on-task, and organized.
Top Features of Redbooth:
- Work and project management that is intuitive
- Simple task delegation and assignment
- iOS and Android mobile applications
Celoxis is an award-winning PM tool. It enables businesses to plan and keep track of all of their projects, portfolios, projects, assets, timesheets, challenges, and risks in one place. It comes with a variety of options for collaboration, such as a free customer portal that can be altered. It contains some of the industry's top reporting capabilities and dashboards. It is also highly flexible and intuitive and has several features. Celoxis can be considered among the greatest Microsoft Project alternative Management tools if you are familiar with its scheduling paradigm.
Top Features of Celoxis:
- All-in-one project management solution
- Simple file sharing, conversation, and commenting with clients as well as colleagues
- Real-time 360-degree insights with incredible dashboards and reports
- Simple to customize and use
- It is easy to assign resources to projects depending on their availability, demand, and expertise.
Project scheduling software is now available online thanks to TeamGantt, a novel PM solution. Project management is really simple with this Gantt chart software. Inviting your coworkers, colleagues, and acquaintances to view and change your Gantt chart is very simple and fun.
Top Features of Gantt:
- Quick drag-and-drop scheduling
- Simple to use and intuitive
- Live progress updates
Proworkflow is among the management tools that your team would adore using. It is gorgeous, adaptable, and quite simple to work with. Additionally, it integrates with every tool you use, saving time and optimizing your processes.
Top Features of Proworkflow:
- Makes it simple to organize tasks, track time, and assign staff
- There has never been a simpler way to quote and invoice.
- Reliable assistance and consultation
Top 3 Customer Relationship Management Tools
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) enables companies to understand their customers and then carry out strategies based on that information. Here are the best management tools for CRM:
Salesforce connects sales to marketing, service, and beyond to help you get an accurate view of your entire business with thorough forecasts.
Top features of Salesforce:
- Sales forecasting
- Sales collaboration
- Lead management
- Contact management
- Email integration
12. Zoho CRM
Zoho CRM helps businesses reach out to prospects at the right time, engage with them across multiple channels, and close more deals. An interesting feature of this management tool is that you can turn normal tasks into contests and let your sales team compete on who sends the most emails or add the most notes.
Top features of Zoho CRM:
- Email integration
- Campaigns for email marketing
- SalesIQ for visitor tracking
- Sales intelligence
- Social media marketing
13. Hubspot CRM
Hubspot CRM helps you organize, track, and grow your pipeline with powerful sales, marketing, and service tools.
Top features of Hubspot CRM:
- Automatically log sales activity
- Manage pipeline with total visibility
- Manage all leads in one place
Change Management Tools
Change management tools enable companies to oversee the installation of new processes. It shows where and when trouble is likely to occur and helps you lay out a strategy for mitigating risks.
Change management tools help companies through periods of organizational change and make the whole process as smooth and seamless as possible for everyone. Among other things, it makes it easier for companies to:
- Focus on results
- Overcome barriers to change
- Communicate simple, powerful messages to employees repeatedly
- Reorganize decision-making
- Monitor progress continuously
Here are some of the best change management tools out there:
Whatfix gives users an interactive walkthrough of each process in the new technology through personalized training programs. This ensures minimal downtime during training and gets the employees up to speed as quickly as possible.
Top features of Whatfix:
- Easy to create interactive walkthroughs
- Step-by-step guidance on key processes
- Personalized onboarding and training programs
- Easy integration with help desk software
- Customizable analytics dashboard
StarTeam helps bring together disconnected and globally distributed teams by acting as the single source of truth throughout each change process. It is mostly used by development teams to improve their software delivery process.
Top features of StarTeam:
- Easy tracking of changes to source code, tasks, defects, and features
- Central data warehouse for all types of digital resources
- Impact analysis
Freshservice is a change management tool from Freshdesk. Its biggest advantage is its ability to integrate with its parent (Freshdesk) and sales (Freshsales) platforms.
Top features of Freshservice:
- Analyze and mitigate risks
- Built-in integrations with Freshdesk applications
- Plan, track, and roll back changes
- Create and manage Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings
Top 3 Project Management Tools
Project management tools help you manage your projects and team members effortlessly. The key features of project management tools, apart from basic task management are:
- Project estimation
- Project administration
- Risk management
- Resource allocation
- Quality management
Here are some of the best project management tools out there:
17. Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects stands as one of the best simple project management tools out there to help you streamline your upcoming work and tasks with just a simple click.
Top features of Zoho Projects:
- Help teams create, collaborate, and communicate
- Can be integrated with ZOHO CRM and other tools
- Effective file management
- Gantt charts
Teamdeck enables you to assign your employees to different projects and create accurate timesheets.
Top features of Teamdeck:
- Employee time tracking
- Resource scheduling
- Measure billable time
- Leave management
Freshdesk is a project management tool that helps businesses support the need of their customers. It is a popular choice for businesses to manage customers and increase customer engagement.
Top features of Freshdesk:
- High customizability
- Multi-channel and multi-product support
- Integrated phone support, live chat, and game mechanics
- Keep track of conversations
Top 3 Supply Chain Management Tools
Supply chain management tools help you make sure that there is a continuous flow of stock into the business without any interruptions in the delivery. This ensures that the production process is not stopped indefinitely. These tools are essential for maintaining good relations with your dealers, suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, customers, and so on. Here are some of the best supply chain management tools out there:
20. SAP SCM
SAP supply chain management uses IoT and AI for efficient and faster supply chain management. It is also one of the only tools that enable you to design recyclable products and deliver them using sustainable practices.
Top features of SAP SCM:
- Project portfolio management
- Dashboards for status monitoring
- Product quality compliance
- Track and trace transport
- Asset management, collaboration, prediction, and optimization
21. Oracle SCM
Oracle SCM uses blockchain and IoT features to optimize and automate the business supply chain. You can also check the progress of the team, orders, and customer experience all in one screen.
Top features of Oracle SCM:
- Sales, supply, and operations planning
- Transportation and warehouse management
- Global trade management
- Smart machine integration
- Oracle autonomous warehouse
Logility is an AI-based tool that allows companies to optimize raw materials, leverage automation, evaluate sourcing, and so on. No matter the type or size of the business, Logility’s solutions can adapt to all of them.
Top features of Logility:
- Cloud-based accuracy and transparency
- Product sourcing and scheduling optimization
- Replenishment strategies automation
- Transparent onboarding of new vendors
- Inline inspections and audit controls
Accelerate your career with our leading online MBA Program. Check the PGDM course preview here.
Ready to Manage Better?
Management tools are powerful enablers of change. Over the last decade, they have evolved dramatically thanks to fast technological advances. If you want to learn more about management tools, you can check out Simplilearn’s Post Graduate Diploma in Management in collaboration with JAGSOM. You will learn core management concepts along with an industry-aligned specialization of your choice from among Digital Marketing, Operations, Business Analysis, and Data Analytics. Get started with this course and accelerate your career in management.
1. What are organizational Management tools?
There are many different management tools with varied functions to meet various team sizes and working methods. Utilizing management tools allows you to manage your team, track projects, complete tasks more quickly, and prepare for upcoming tasks.
2. What are the purposes of management tools?
Corporate management tools include all the programs, controls, calculations, procedures, etc., that firms employ to adapt to changing markets, maintain competitiveness, and enhance business performance.