Every passing day, and every passing minute, we are producing more information and data than before. Be it new trends on social media, or the latest piece of news on the internet, or google searches - there’s new data everywhere.
If we annotate all of this data and dig deeper, we can learn more about consumer behavior, customer choice, target audiences, and ultimately curate and sell better products and services. How do we exactly do this? Data analysis is the answer.
WEF predicted by 2022, there will be a significant increase in the need for data analysts. Other than the demand and the exciting day-to-day work a data analyst does, salary plays an important role too for choosing this field as your career. In this article you uncover the data analyst salary in Toronto based on experience.
Data Analyst Salaries in Toronto
Toronto offers a lavish lifestyle and salary to its population. The average data analyst salary in Toronto (per Glassdoor) is over CA$61,000. However, these numbers may rise depending on your experience.
Next up, let us explore data analyst salaries in Toronto based on industry experience:
Entry-Level Data Analyst Salary in Toronto
A fresher in the data analytics field usually have:
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field (such as data science, business analytics, statistics, etc)
- A basic understanding of data analytics tools such as SQL
- A basic understanding of NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Cassandra
- Strong analytical skills
An entry-level data analyst salary in Toronto earns between C$40,000 and C$50,000 annually.
Mid-Level Data Analyst Salary in Toronto
A mid-level professional in the data analytics field usually has:
- SQL expertise with database systems including SQL Server, MySQL (and/or relevant database systems)
- A decent hand at creating reports, dashboards and getting meaningful insights from them
- Programming experience ( such as Python, R, Java, or equivalent languages)
- A thorough experience in documenting and maintaining data dictionaries and metrics
- A strong hand at documentation
A professional at a mid-level stage should ideally have at least four years of experience in data analysis and business intelligence. A mid-level data analyst salary in Toronto earns between C$55,000 and C$75,000 annually.
Senior Data Analyst Salary in Toronto
A senior professional in the data analytics field, with over 6-8 years of experience in this field, usually has:
- Master’s degree in/or Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Applied Math, or Business Administration
- Expertise in data analysis (using python, SQL or relevant tools)
- An eye to identify trends in the data, and proactively communicate to the team and stakeholders
- Expert-level analytical and conceptual thinking skills
An experienced data analyst in Toronto can expect to earn an average $76,000-$100,000 annually.
- Data Analyst Salary Around the Globe
- Data Analyst JD, Roles and Responsibilities
- How to Become a Data Analyst
Learn over a dozen of data analytics tools and skills with PG Program in Data Analytics and gain access to masterclasses by Purdue faculty and IBM experts. Enroll and add a star to your data analytics resume now!
If you wish to understand data analytics in a jiffy, you must enroll in Simpilearn’s free data analytics course. However, if you wish to learn data analytics in depth, enroll in a data analytics post graduate program by Simplilearn. Explore and enroll now!