Eleven important questions for PMP
PMP is now-a-days a challenging platform for each and every project managers. Each and every project managers want to succeed this certificate examination in their first attempt. Below are some basic questions set through which you can get idea of type of the questions asked in the examination:
1. The project is plagued by the changes to the project charter. Who has the primary responsibility to decide if these changes are necessary?
A. The Project manager.
B. The Project team.
C. The sponsor.
D. The Stakeholders.
Answer: C The sponsor issues the project charter and so he or she should help the project manager control changes to the charter. The primary responsibility lies with the sponsor.
2. All of the followings are parts of an effective change management plan EXCEPT:
B. standard for reports.
D. Lessons Learned.
Answer: D A change management plan includes the processes and procedures that allow smooth evaluation and tracking of changes. Lesson learned (choice D) are the reviews of the processes and procedures to improve them; they are not the part of the system.
3. You are the new project manager who has never managed a project before. You have been asked to plan a new project. It would be BEST in this situation to rely on __________ during planning in order to improve your chance of choices.
A. Your intuition and training.
B. Stakeholder analysis.
C. Historical information.
D. Configuration management.
Answer: C Because you have no experience, you will have to look at the experience of others. This information is captured in the historical records from previous projects.
4. A work authorization system can be used to:
A. Manage who does each activity.
B. Manage what time and in what sequence work is done.
C. Manage when each activity is done.
D. Manage who does each activity and when it is done.
Answer: B Who does each activity (Choice A and D) is managed with the schedule and responsibility assignment matrices. The project schedule manages when each activity is done (Choice C). A work authorization system is used to coordinate when and in what order the work is performed so that work and people may properly interface with other work and other people.
5. You are assigned as the project manager in the middle of the project. The project is within the baselines, but the customer is not happy with the performance of the project. What is the FIRST thing you should do?
A. Discuss it with the project team.
B. Reschedule baselines.
C. Renegotiate the contract.
D. Meet with the customer.
Answer: D First you need to find out why customer is not happy. Then meet with the team and determine options.
6. An output of Close Project or Phase process is the criteria of
A. Project archives.
B. A project charter.
C. A project management plan.
D. A risk management plan.
Answer: A The project charted (choice B) is created in initiating. The project management plan (choice C) is an output of the planning process group. Risk analysis plan is an incorrect (choice D).
7. All of the following would occur during the Close Project or Phase process EXCEPT:
- Creating lessons learned.
- Formal acceptance
- Reducing resource spending.
- Performing benefits cost analysis
Answer: D Benefit cost analysis (choice D) is done earlier in the project to help select between the alternatives. All other choices are done during closing. Therefore Choice D is the best answer.
8. You have created the project charter but could not get it approved. Your manager and his boss have asked that the project begin immediately. Which of the following is the BEST thing to do?
A. Set up an integrated change control process.
B. Show your manager the impact of proceeding without approval.
C. Focus on completing projects that have signed project charters.
D. Start work on only the critical path activities.
Answer: B The best thing to do would be to show the impact. This is the only choice that prevents future problem – always the best choice. The other choice just pretend problem doesn’t exist.
9. All Technical work is completed on the project. Which of the following remains to be done?
- Verify Scope
- Plan Risk Responses
- Create a staffing management plan
- Complete lessons learned.
Answer: 4 Verify Scope is done during the monitoring and controlling process group, not the closing process group. Choice 2 and 3 are done earlier in the project. The lessons learned (choice 4) can only be completed after the work is completed.
10. All of the following are the form of power derived from Project Manager’s position EXCEPT
Answer: D A Project manager has Formal, reward, penalty powers. But just having the power doesn’t make the Project manager either a technical project management expert.
11. The highest point of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is called
- Physiological satisfaction.
- Attainment of Survival.
- Need for association.
Here is a video which talks about PMP exam Tips and Tricks. Hope you find it beneficial.
Simplilearn offers best-in-class PMP training that will help you ace your exam in the first attempt.
About the On-Demand Webinar
About the Webinar