Eligibility Requirements for CSM Exam
Although there are no set eligibility requirements for certified scrum master, it is advisable to have some understanding of the principles and possess a working knowledge of the overall scrum process. The candidate must understand the individual roles of the product owner and the development team.
Roadmap to Certified Scrum Master
- Step 1: Look for the Scrum Alliance, which is globally accepted/recognized/authorized.
- Step 2: Register for the course and attend the two-day obligatory training session by qualified Scrum Trainers. Learn the fundamentals of Scrum, including its terminology, methods, and ideals.
- Step 3: Take the test at the end of the class. You can only take the test when you have completed the training program. The test typically consists of 35 multiple-choice questions. The applicant must submit at least 24 accurate answers to pass the exam. Candidates can take a break, pause, and continue the exam at any moment during the exam. Usually, the examination would last one hour. After you've chosen your answers, submit the exam by clicking the submit button. On the computer screen, the candidate may view their score.
- Step 4: If you fail the CSM training test the first time, you can retake it within 60 days after completing your CSM course. If you wish, you can retake the exam right away. However, if you fail the second time, you will be required to pay a $25 exam fee to Scrum Alliance. If you do not pass on the third attempt, the Scrum Alliance recommends that you re-enroll in the CSM course.
- Step 5: If you pass, go to the Scrum evaluation and certification by following the procedures below:
- Log in to Scrum Alliance and Complete the online evaluation
- Check the box next to the "Agree to the terms and conditions" and submit the form
- Download and print the certificate
After passing the examination, a candidate must recognize the licensing agreement and complete the Scrum Alliance membership profile. Finally, you are now a Certified Scrum Master and a member of the Scrum Alliance.
To make the certification process simpler, follow these steps:
- Enroll with Simplilearn for the Scrum master training course
- Participate in a two-day CSM course from certified Scrum Trainers
- Obtain a printed copy of the Course Material
- Receive free access to our e-learning platform, which includes sample examinations
- Within 14 days, take an online CSM certification exam
- After passing the exam, you may claim your certification
- Get two years of Scrum Alliance membership.
- The test is an open book with a 1-hour time limit
- The first attempt must get carried out within 14 days following the session
- The test will consist of 50 multiple-choice questions (MCQs)
- To pass the CSM test, you must get at least 74% (37 out of 50)
- To take the exam, you must bring a laptop and an internet connection
- If you fail the first time, you must reapply within 90 days after the workshop.
1. How long does it take to become Scrum Master certified?
1. Attend Training for Two Days
The Scrum Master Certified training takes place over two days. It is particularly effective for covering the Scrum Framework and preparing delegates for their study period without sacrificing training quality.
2. Study Period - Duration: 2 - 4 Weeks on Average
Following training, study time will always vary from person to person, but the typical study period is between 2 and 4 weeks.
3. Finish Exam - Duration: 2 Hours
The exam lasts 120 minutes. You will earn your Scrum Master Certification once you have completed your exam!
2. What is required to become a certified Scrum Master?
To become a Certified Scrum Master, you must fulfill three steps. First, become acquainted with Scrum and meet the prerequisites for attending a CSM training. Second, enroll in a Certified Scrum Master course led by a Certified Scrum Trainer. Final step, pass the CSM test by correctly answering at least 37 of 50 questions.
3. What is the career path for a Scrum Master?
A job as a scrum master will offer doors to numerous profitable occupations, companies, and industries. You can learn new skills and advance to positions such as Agile Coaches, Product Owners, Project Managers, Mentors, and Information Officers.
4. Is Certified Scrum Master certification difficult?
The passing score for this test is 37 questions out of 50, which is considered an easy target to meet. Even if it is convenient, you will still need to devote some time to exam preparation.
5. What is the CSM exam?
Certified ScrumMaster or CSM is an entry-level exam that certifies the understanding of the project management methodology of professionals getting started as Scrum practitioners.
6. Can I take the CSM exam without training?
Attending a course is required to earn the CSM certification. You can’t skip the training necessary to gain access to the online CSM test. Moreover, it prepares you well for the exam as it is specifically designed in correspondence to the exam curriculum.
7. What is the passing score for CSM?
The CSM exam has 50 multiple-choice questions, and the passing score is 74%. Candidates are granted two attempts within 90 days after they receive the initial welcome email to pass the test at zero cost.
8. Is the Certified ScrumMaster exam difficult?
The CSM exam can be challenging as every student must correctly answer at least 37 out of 50 questions. Even if it sounds convenient, you must devote quality time to exam preparation.
9. Who is eligible to take the CSM certification?
There are no fixed eligibility requirements for a Certified Scrum Master exam. However, aspirants must complete a 2-day CSM training in addition to having a basic understanding of the Scrum process and agile principles.
10. Is the CSM exam open book?
Yes, the CSM exam is a multiple-choice exam with an open-book format. Candidates are expected to attain at least 74% or higher to obtain their CSM certification.