Nagarro is one of the most sought-after companies. Being familiar with the most anticipated Nagarro interview questions helps outperform the stiff competition with boosted confidence. The company focuses on a candidate’s skill set, competency, and teamwork abilities via technical and situation-based interview questions. Understand the Nagarro interview process and prepare the most commonly asked Nagarro interview questions to crack the most challenging rounds.
Founded in 1996, Nagarro is currently a digital product engineering leader. This software development and business consulting company provides competitive services to its clients. Headquartered in Munich, Germany, Nagarro operates in 30+ countries. In 2021, Nagarro secured the 2nd rank in the Lünendonk List of Leading medium-sized IT consulting and system integration companies in Germany.
Nagarro Interview Process
Nagarro interview process involves four rounds to effectively assess the core capabilities of a potential employee:
Written Test Round 1
This round comprises three major sections:
- General Aptitude Test: Mathematical and logical reasoning and verbal ability test.
- Technical Ability Test: Questions on operating systems, algorithms, data structures, programming languages, and networking-based problems.
- Coding Test: Three coding problems.
Written Test Round 2
The candidates who clear the first written round need to appear for a coding interview round. This written test consists of three to four coding interview questions. It is a paper pen-based round or could be held online via a test on HackerRank.
The interview round conducted at the company’s office requires candidates to optimize the code they wrote in the second written round. The interviewers put up questions on data structures, algorithms, and SQL. The questions can also be influenced by the technical skills mentioned on a candidate’s resume. Often puzzles are also a part of the Nagarro interview process.
The HR round involves behavioral and scenario-based questions. The recruiter inquires about a candidate’s goals and expectations from the job while assessing their soft and hard skills to determine if they fit the position and the company.
Nagarro Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is the bug life cycle?
The bug or defect life cycle in the software testing process is the complete journey of a defect during its lifetime. It varies for different organizations and projects. Its purpose is to coordinate and communicate a defect’s current status, making the defect fixing process efficient and systematic.
2. What is the V model?
An SDLC model where sequentially executing processes take place following a V-shape is referred to as a V model or the Verification and Validation model. It has a testing phase parallel to each development phase.
3. What do you understand about the term data segment in C?
A data segment is a portion of the virtual address space of a program. It contains the static and global variables initialized by the programmer. It is not read-only, and the values of the variables can be altered at run time.
4. What is the difference between TRUNCATE and DELETE for a table?
It removes all rows from a table.
A WHERE clause can be included to delete only some rows.
It is a DDL command, so it changes the structure of the table.
It is a DML command that removes just the rows while leaving the structure untouched.
The user cannot roll back TRUNCATE.
The user can roll back DELETE.
In SQL, the auto-increment counter is reset with TRUNCATE.
It doesn’t reset the auto-increment counter.
5. State major differences between Method overloading and Method overriding.
Overriding a method means using the parameters (name and signature).
Overloading a method means using the same name but a different signature.
It must have the same argument list.
It must have different argument lists.
It is in two classes with inheritance.
It occurs within the class.
It is a run-time concept.
It is checked during compile time.
6. What is the difference between frames and iframes in Selenium?
Frame divides a page into multiple sections, including new content in every section. An iFrame embeds the content of the external websites into the web page. It helps avoid cross-site scripting issues.
7. How is Rename different from Alias in SQL?
Rename is for changing the name of an object. Contrastingly, Alias gives another/additional name to an existing object. While rename gives a permanent name to a table or column, Alias provides a temporary name to a table or column that doesn’t exist after executing the SQL statement.
8. What is the merge sort, and how does it work?
The divide-and-conquer algorithm suitable for sorting the data is called merge sort. It merges and sorts adjacent data to create bigger sorted lists. These lists are then merged recursively to form even bigger sorted lists. The process continues until the programmer has one single sorted list.
9. What are dynamic data structures?
The collections of data in memory can expand and contract to shrink or grow in size as a program runs, enabling the programmer to control the amount of memory to be utilized. Examples of dynamic data structures are linked lists, stacks, queues, and heaps.
10. Explain the inheritance and encapsulation.
11. What is concurrency, and why is it important in OS?
Concurrency or multithreading is the execution of multiple instruction sequences simultaneously. In operating systems, several process threads are running in parallel that communicate with each other via shared memory or message passing. It ensures:
- Faster and better performance of the OS
- Running of multiple applications
- Better resource utilization
- Better average response time
12. What is SQL injection? How can it be prevented?
SQL Injection is a code-based vulnerability allowing an attacker to access sensitive data from a database. Attackers often use SQL queries to add, modify, update, or delete records from a database. An SQL injection attack badly affects applications and websites using relational databases like Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server. The following measures are effective against SQL Injections:
- Password hashing
- Object-relational mapping
- Purchase better software
- Always update and use patches
- Third-party authentication
- Web application firewall
Nagarro Interview HR Questions
The Nagarro interview questions for the HR round are comparatively easier and less technical. Following are some commonly asked Nagarro interview questions:
- How do you feel this interview is going at Nagarro?
- What would you do if a colleague took credit for your work?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What makes you interested in Nagarro?
- If you had a chance to make one change in Nagarro, what would that be?
- How would you deal with undeserved criticism from a senior?
- How do you prioritize your work?
- What makes you a good fit for this position?
- How would you persuade your team to consider your ideas?
- What would you do if a client introduced a new change in the project at a later stage?
Nagarro Interview Aptitude Test Questions
Nagarro aptitude test focuses on mathematical and logical reasoning. The verbal ability questions in this round are based on reading comprehension, grammar, sentence completion, antonyms/synonyms, sentence rearrangement, and correction. Some frequently asked mathematical and logical Nagarro aptitude test interview questions are as follows:
1. A can do a piece of work in 20 days, while B does the same in 15 days. What fraction of work would be left if they worked together for 4 days?
2. The CP of articles A and B is Rs. X. If A is sold at a 10% profit and B at a 30% profit and the overall profit earned after selling both the articles is Rs. 136/-, find X?
3. Consider this series: 2, 1, (1/2), (1/4), and so on. What number should come next?
4. The village population increased by 5% from 2017 to 2018 and by 25% from 2015 to 2019. If its population was 480 in 2017, what was its population in 2019?
5. Emma covers a certain distance by traveling for 90 minutes at a uniform speed of 120 km/h. At what speed will she travel to cover the same distance in 1 hour and 20 minutes?
6. Which word is the odd one out?
How to Prepare for Nagarro Interview Questions?
Good interview preparation is critical for establishing oneself as a top candidate in the Nagarro interview process. The following tips help you prepare strategically:
- Begin by thoroughly revising the fundamental concepts in your niche, including data structures and algorithms.
- Check out the job description and practice the most anticipated questions for the skills required by the position.
- Practice multiple coding problems with varying difficulty levels.
- Enroll in mock interviews to boost confidence and get familiar with the official interview process.
- Conduct thorough research on Nagarro’s values to understand their requirements and services.
- Prepare to answer behavioral questions, as they are an important part of the HR interview rounds.
- Figure out some good questions to ask the interviewer.
Looking to accelerate your career as a skilled Full Stack Web Developer? Leverage Caltech CTME's academic excellence in a unique bootcamp-style Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. Enroll Now!
Now that you’ve read about some common Nagarro interview questions and ways to answer them, we encourage you to study the skills needed to become a web developer. At Simplilearn, we will help equip you with new skills in web development. Our proven expertise is ideal to help you develop websites in our Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. These strategies were created by industry experts, using proven methods that have helped hundreds of students like you master this exciting field!
Have any questions regarding the course? Post them in the comments below and our experts will answer them soon!