PMP Certification Exam : Direct and Manage Project Execution
"A really great talent finds its happiness in execution." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
In this article you will discuss the Direct and Manage project execution process in detail.
What is this process all about?
In this process , the team is executing the work packages, and creating the project deliverables.
Why is this process important?
This is the process where things get done . In this process software applications are built, buildings are constructed and work packages are executed.
When is the process performed?
This process is performed whenever the project management plan is followed to create project deliverables.
Inputs, Tools and Techniques and Outputs:
Inputs: Project Management Plan A project management plan guides us in management, execution, and monitoring and controlling of the project. Since we are primarily concerned with the execution of the project plan, it is an essential input into this process.
Approved Change Requests
Approved change requests are scheduled for implementation by the project team. They are documented and authorized changes to expand or reduce project scope.
Enterprise Environmental Factors
The enterprise environmental factors which can influence this process are:
- stakeholder risk tolerances
- organizational , company or customer culture and structure
- Project Management Information Systems
Organizational Process Assets
The organizational process assets that can influence this process are:
- standardized guidelines and work instructions
- Communication requirements
- issue and defect management procedures
- project files from previous projects
- Issue and defect management database
Tools And Techniques
- Expert Judgement: Expert judgement is applied to all technical and management details during this process. Expert judgement is provided by project management team using specialized knowledge or training. Additional expert judgement is available from many sources including consultants, stakeholders and professional and technical associations.
- Project Management Information System (PMIS) The PMIS is used to provide access to tools such as a scheduling software tool, configuration management system, information collection system etc.
- Deliverables: An approved deliverable is one of the most important outputs of this process. It is any unique and verifiable product, result or capability to perform a service that must be produced to complete a phase, process or project.
- Work Performance Information Work performance Information is the information on the status of the deliverables. This information includes: Deliverable status, schedule progress, Costs incurred.
- Change Requests When issues are found while project work is performed, change requests are issued which may modify project policies or procedures, project scope, project cost or budget, project schedule or project quality.
- Project Management Plan Updates In this process, the project management plan is updated. Some of the elements that are updated include requirement management plan, schedule management plan, cost management plan etc.
Project Document Updates
Some of the project documents that are updated in this process are requirement documents, project logs, risk register and stakeholder register.
Happy learning! We wish you good luck in your PMP® certification journey!
Simplilearn offers Project Management certification training to help you ace the exam in the first attempt.
PMP is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
About the On-Demand Webinar
About the Webinar