Basics of Service Design: ITIL® Intermediate Certification Training
Service design is a major study of ITIL® Intermediate Service Lifecycle. Service design is a stage within the overall service lifecycle.
Preparing for ITIL? Take this test to know where you stand!
There are various objectives that Service design focuses at and some of the same are mentioned as below to provide you better insights on Service design.
- Designing services to meet agreed business outcomes
- Identifying and managing risks
- Designing secure and resilient IT infrastructures, environments, applications and data resources and capability design measurement methods and metrics.
- Producing and maintaining plans, processes, policies, standards, architectures, Frameworks and documents to support the design of quality IT solutions
Four P’s of Service Design:
- People: This refers to the people, skills and competencies involved in the provision of IT services
- Products: This refers to the technology and management systems used in IT service delivery
- Processes: This refers to the processes, roles and activities involved in the provision of IT services
- Partners: This refers to the vendors, manufacturers and suppliers that are used to assist and support IT service provision
Key Processes of Service Design:
The major key processes of Service design are mentioned as below.
- Service catalogue Management
- Service Level Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
Individual Aspects of Service Design:
There are five individual aspects of Service design and these are stated as below:
- New or changed service solutions
- Service management systems and tools
- Technology architectures and management systems
- Processes, roles and capabilities
- Measurement methods and metrics
To know more about Service design, you can explore our training courses on ITIL® Intermediate service modules. Simplilearn offers intensive online training on ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle Modules.
About the On-Demand Webinar
About the Webinar