Mixed Reality (MR) combines both real and virtual entities to produce new simulated environments and visuals where physical and digital objects interact in real-time. It's a hybrid combination of augmented reality and virtual reality technology. This reality technology is based on advancements in computer vision, graphical processing, display technologies, input systems, and cloud computing. This tutorial on "What is Mixed Reality" will extend your boundaries to explore Reality Technology where the future ahead is!
What is Mixed Reality?
- Mixed Reality (MR) combines both Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
- Mixed Reality allows you to immerse yourself in the simulated world around you to interact with a virtual environment.
- Mixed Reality (MR) merges both real and virtual entities to produce new environments, where physical and digital interact in real-time.
What is the Need for Mixed Reality?
Other reality technologies such as AR and VR are rendered or generated environments that showcase objects or simulate an artificial environment. As an upgrade to these existing technologies, MR has evolved as it is based on Real-time objects, Synchronization, and Interactivity.
What are the Applications of Mixed Reality?
MR technology has spanned its applications in all the sectors inclusive of Education, Medical, etc., and many more. Some common applications are:
- MR in terms of education makes learning more interesting and interactive via 3d projections and simulations.
- In terms of Training use, MR has proved a gradual improvement of its process by 40% by visualizing their process.
- In terms of Medicine, MR helps Medical professionals and practitioners view and share patient records and data in a more interactive manner providing a base for image-guided surgery.
- MR eradicates the maximum flaws of remote workspace or remote education by translation applications that could translate language in real-time. With video conferencing and Skype calls, mixed-reality meetings are truly impressive and interactive.
- Via Mixed Reality, people can generate holograms to show scenes or objects or avatars, eradicating a physical need.
Future of Mixed Reality
The future of MR relies on:
- Holoportation: a combination of "hologram" and "teleportation"
- Interactive training
- Multi-screen computing
- 3D interactions
- Image-guided surgery and many more
This tutorial on "what is Mixed Reality" unlocks the future of real and the digital world combination, which is said to be the next evolution in human, computer, and environment interaction with endless possibilities that were limited to human imaginations. With mixed Reality, sharing knowledge and experience, understanding the world with a smart, connected, and network approach. Mixed Reality is the future of Reality technology.
If you are looking to start your career in Machine Learning, then check out Simplilearn’s Machine Learning Certification Course.
Do you have any questions for us? Please feel free to drop them in the comments section of this tutorial; our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.