Fresh content is the prime need of all online businesses and Google translate allows you to draw inspiration by exploring industry blogs beyond the confines of one particular language. It is a priceless tool that can help you get ahead of the competition and uncover amazing content ideas. Most importantly, the translated content is unique and plagiarism-free. So, rank higher on Google by leveraging the easy-to-use content-generating tool.
What Is Google Translate?
It is a multilingual translational tool provided by Google for translating documents, texts, and websites into a language of your choice. Introduced in 2006, Google Translate has over 500 daily users. It has a website interface, a mobile app for iOS and Android, and an API to assist developers in creating software applications and browser extensions. You can translate words, phrases, sentences, texts, documents, and more between English and 120+ other languages for free.
How to Use Google Translate?
Google Translate is one of the easiest tools. The following steps will help you translate texts, documents, and websites.
How to Translate Text?
All you have to do is visit Google Translate in your browser.
- You can copy the text you want to be translated from any source, or you can type the text yourself in the given box.
Google Translate Homepage
- You can choose the copied text’s language in the first textbox or opt for the “Detect language” option.
The Detect Language Option in Google Translate
- You can also use the handwriting option to draw characters like you would using a pencil.
The Handwriting Option
- Clicking on the “Listen” button allows you to hear the pasted text. You can use it to learn proper pronunciation.
The Listen Option in Google Translate
- By default, Google will translate the pasted or entered text into your personal language. You can choose a language by clicking on the “▼” button. If the translation doesn’t happen automatically, click the “Translate” button.
- You can save a translation to your Phrasebook for later use. Clicking the Phrasebook button displayed the saved content.
How to Translate Websites?
To translate a website, follow the steps given below:
- Click Websites on the top and enter a URL. Then, click the arrow button to visit the translated version.
Website Translation Option
- You can switch between the original and translated versions on opening a translated website.
Simplilearn’s Translated Website With The Option To Switch to Original (on the top right)
How to Translate Documents?
You can translate documents up to 10 MB in .docx, .pdf, .pptx, .xlsx. formats. The document translation option is not for smaller screens or mobile.
Documents Option in Google Translate
- Click on the Documents option and click Browse your computer. Select the file you want to translate and click translate. The translate button changes to translating and then to Download translation. Click on the button to download the translated file.
Download Translation Option
One must keep the following pointers in mind while using Google Translate:
- Awareness of linguistic nuances is a must as the translator can alter the meaning and interpretation of the text.
- A degree of caution is needed when relying on Google Translate for conversations. You must think carefully about the perception of the translated text.
- You need to be mindful of Search Engine Optimisation. So, take ideas for the content from Google Translate and re-optimise it with keywords to meet the standards.
5 Ways to Improve Your Content Ideas Using Google Translate
Consider the following five ways to use Google Translate to your advantage:
1. Widen your Horizons
Your ability to think and search differently can help you find different ideas. On exhausting your content ideas, look beyond barriers and start afresh with the Google Translate Chrome extension. It translates websites by automatically asking if you would like a translation of the text when you visit a non-English website. You can also select a different local language via Chrome settings:
Navigate: Setting > Language and Region > Search Language. Tap the language you want to see your search results in.
Draw inspiration from the translated page and create engaging content for your website/app.
2. Explore Global Brands on Social Media
Inspiration via Google Translate isn’t limited to Google Search. You can head to social media sites like Twitter, tweak the language translation settings, and explore international and regional brands that share content in other languages.
For instance, you can change your language settings to German or any other language and search for your industry-specific hashtags to view the trending hashtags in other languages.
3. Discover Globally Trending Topics
Usually, on Twitter, the trending topics that appear by default are the ones from your locale. You can change the setting and view topics on a global stage as follows:
- Click #explore on the left-hand of the Twitter homepage.
- Your location window will open with a box reading “show content in this location” ticked.
- Un-tick and select the Explore option to view all the available locations. Tick the ones you want and unveil new areas of discussion.
4. Dive into Your Industry Internationally
In addition to exploring hashtags, you can discover content by finding the top companies in your niche. Several aggregation sites rank industry leaders from other countries.
You can search for the best leaders worldwide in your industry, navigate their websites, and explore their blogs. Borrow content ideas and discover inspiration across borders.
5. Research Industry-Adjacent Niches
You can drive even more content ideas by exploring related industries. For instance, if you are looking for content ideas on digital marketing. You can explore a narrower topic, such as video marketing. From video marketing, you can delve into social media marketing channels, strategies, and more. Moving beyond the regular frame allows you to find more granular content and reach out to your market with stronger guidance.
Sign-up for our Digital Marketing Job Guarantee Program and get upto 300% hike on your current CTC. Enroll today!
Google Translate is a powerful tool for those who look beyond geographical hurdles to tap into ideas across the globe for new inspirations and engagement. Learn about more powerful tools and develop job-winning skills with our Digital Marketing Job Guarantee Program.