Want to accelerate your website monetization with the most scalable and ROI-positive strategy? Implement CPA marketing in your business endeavors. This marketing tactic requires payment only after the sale at your determined rate, unlike other strategies that need prior payments to advertise your brand even while you are dubious about sales. Gain a better understanding of what CPA marketing is and how it functions.
What Is CPA Marketing?
CPA marketing or cost-per-action marketing is an affiliate strategy involving a partnership between an affiliate and an advertiser. An affiliate is responsible for providing marketing services for the advertiser. The affiliate earns a commission when a user or customer takes a specific action as a result of the marketing. The actions include:
- Watching videos
- Filling out a form
- Signing up for a trial
- Getting a quote
- Making a purchase
CPA marketing includes advertisers, affiliates, and CPA networks.
How Does CPA Marketing Work?
The following CPA model breakdown will help understand how CPA marketing works. CPA marketing involves-
- Affiliate or Publisher: The blogger/ brand/ business that promotes a product or a business to drive traffic to the website and make a specific conversion.
- Business or Advertiser: The brand that partners with an affiliate to drive traffic to the website to enhance sales, boost conversions, or generate leads.
- CPA Network: The platform connecting the affiliate and the advertiser.
Let’s understand CPA marketing through an example.
Suppose a popular makeup artist/influencer named Emma (an affiliate) has a good following of blog readers and YouTube subscribers. She tries new makeup trends and recommends specific brands and makeup products to her audience.
As she has escalating web traffic, her followers are eager to buy the makeup products and kits she recommends.
Then there is an example business, Kriss Makeup, that manufactures high-quality makeup products, facial kits, brushes, massagers, and skincare products. They are aiming to expand their marketing reach. So, they would be interested in benefiting from Emma's audience.
Businesses like Kriss Makeup utilize CPA networks for hunting and partnering with influencers like Emma. On the other hand, influencers like Emma turn to CPA networks to find companies that can pay her to promote their products.
A CPA network brings together Emma and Kriss Makeup. Thus, Emma sends her followers to the business' website (Kriss Makeup) and earns a commission on each sale or lead conversion. Kriss Makeup makes money from Emma's referral traffic.
The entire process can be summarized as follows:
- The affiliate displays an advertisement for a business advertiser on their website.
- The customer clicks on the ad or the link.
- The customer is sent to the advertiser's website via a tracking link.
- The customer purchases on a business advertiser's website.
- The affiliate network records the purchase details of the transaction.
- The purchase gets confirmed by the business advertiser as a valid sale.
- The transaction gets certified to the referring affiliate.
- The affiliate gets paid the determined commission.
What Are CPA Networks?
A CPA network is a platform connecting business affiliates who wish to promote their products. So, it involves an affiliate who desires to make money by promoting products and the advertiser who wants his products promoted. There are several CPA networks to choose from, each offering unique features and competitive pay rates. Some platforms have expert affiliate managers to extend support. Advertisers and affiliates need to choose a reputable and reliable network that aligns with their business needs. Some top CPA networks are as follows:
How to Get Accepted by a CPA Network as an Affiliate Marketer?
To get accepted as an affiliate marketer by a CPA network-
- Step 1: Apply online to join any CPA network. Generally, an affiliate has to fill out an online form on the CPA network's site.
Once the affiliate submits the form, the CPA network's account manager contacts them and arranges a chat via Skype or another platform. They collect information about an affiliate's specialization, experience, GEOs, and other important details.
- Step 2: Once you get approved, you will be assigned a new account manager. Some CPA networks ask you to work with the same manager who was a part of the onboarding process. The managers help with higher payouts, exclusive offers, shorter holding periods and other benefits.
CPA Marketing Tips
CPA marketing requires several tactics to create a mutually beneficial relationship between the advertiser and the affiliate. The following CPA marketing tips can help affiliates maximize profit:
Conduct Thorough Research to Find Offers
Research and identify websites that provide the best CPA marketing opportunities. The sites serve as CPA search engines providing affiliates with multiple offers from reputable CPA networks.
Integrate CPA Into Your Website
You can alter your site to incorporate the CPA advertiser's brand. For instance, adding links that direct the visitors to the advertiser's website. Adding banners can help promote your partner's products.
Implement Traffic Strategies
Employ techniques that drive more people to your website and your partner advertiser's website. The most beneficial several strategies to consider for improving traffic rates are as follows:
- SEO enhances traffic by incorporating target keywords and increasing your search results visibility.
- Pay-per-click ads are a quick effort to attract customers to your website.
- Using social media accounts to promote engaging ads.
Hire an Affiliate Manager
Having the support of a knowledgeable affiliate manager can benefit affiliates as follows:
- They review offers and provide insight on developing strategies for the partnership.
- They offer recommendations on what types of advertisements or affiliate links to optimize for conversion.
- They also provide content creation tips for promoting the advertiser's products.
Conclusively, expanding your website's reach requires strategic planning, and CPA marketing serves the purpose quickly without the requirement of prior investments. Choose the right CPA marketing network and kickstart monetization like never before.
1. What are the benefits of CPA marketing?
The primary benefits of CPA marketing are:
- It has a very low risk.
- You need not pay for traffic that does not convert as you pay after the sale.
- It offers a high ROI.
- Expands marketing reach as it provides scale and distribution.
2. How to begin CPA marketing?
To start CPA marketing, follow the below given steps:
- Firstly, create a website.
- Implement the right strategies to drive traffic to your website.
- Select a niche and begin researching offers.
- Join a reputable CPA network.
- Incorporate alterations and build your site to best suit the offer.
3. What is the difference between CPA marketing and affiliate marketing?
The key difference between CPA marketing and affiliate marketing is that the affiliate partner is paid for a specific action in CPA marketing. In contrast, in affiliate marketing, they are paid for a sale.
Lup evel your career with our PGP Digital Marketing in partnership with Purdue University and co-created with Facebook. Learn top digital marketing tools featuring masterclasses from Facebook and Purdue and Harvard Business Publishing case studies. Start learning today!
Simplilearn offers an array of courses for working professionals and their needs. You can find all kinds of courses, from basic to advanced in all the trending fields like digital marketing, AI, cloud computing, etc. Find a suitable course for yourself and start learning!