A quality management process or QMP is a formalized procedure through which the quality of work is thoroughly maintained and processed throughout any project. Therefore, with a QMS, the activities of your organization will be well-coordinated and synchronized, which is quite essential for meeting the client requirements.
Aside from improving your team’s overall efficiency, a QMP also helps the companies in implementing a Quality Assurance Process. It helps in enhancing the overall quality of your company’s output.
In general, the QMP focuses on the long-term goals of the company by implementing short-term initiatives.
What is a Quality Management Process?
As mentioned before, a quality management process is a collection of procedures, which most companies generally follow to ensure the quality of the deliverables. The initiation of a QMP usually involves setting quality targets that the customers have agreed to.
Once it is done, then the company starts to manage the Quality Control and Quality Assurance Process. These two procedures help the employees in measuring the quality of the deliverables and find out any errors that have occurred. Some of the examples of implication of the Quality Management Process are flowchart, check sheet, histogram, Pareto chart, and cause and effect diagram.
Get an overview of Six Sigma and the DMAIC methodology with the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification course. Enroll Now!
What Should You Know About Quality Management Definition?
Before understanding the definition of the quality management process, you would first need to understand the meaning of these terms.
- Tolerance: This term denotes the range of satisfactory results
- Validation: Assurance that the deliverable has met the client-approved deals
- Accuracy: Proximity of a measure to the right value
- Precision: Repeatable issues in a tight grouping
- Verification: It denotes if the quality of the product has agreed with the client agreement or not
When To Use Quality Management Process?
If you think that the working efficiency of your company is not good enough for meeting the requirements of your client, then you should immediately implement a quality management process. Be it producing the deliverables, or improving the efficiency of your team, proper execution of a QMP can benefit you in numerous ways.
Also, several organizations even decide to opt for implementing a QMP whenever they receive a large or complicated project. The formalized procedures of quality management plan help them to understand the requirements of the client and start working on deliverables accordingly.
However, many times, implementing a QMP might not help you with handling your project. Therefore, in those cases, you would have to keep improving your QMP procedure in a consistent manner.
Benefits of the Quality Management Process
With the implementation of the total quality management process, you can enjoy numerous benefits. The following are some of them.
- Improves Your Company’s Efficiency: With the employment of QMP, the employees of your company will work in a more organized and coordinated way. Therefore, the overall efficiency of your organization will increase.
- Producing Quality Products: Due to the improvement in efficiency, your company will also produce quality goods and products, which meets your customer’s and client’s requirements.
- Increase in the Speed of Production: Due to the usage of proper techniques with the quality management process, your employees would also not require much time to produce goods. Therefore, with QMP, you can meet the requirements of most of your clients within the deadline. This would increase both yours and your company’s reputation.
- Increases Economical Performance: With QMP, you and your team would be able to produce many products within a less amount of time. Therefore, you can earn a lot more capital than usual.
- Helps in Providing Customer Satisfaction: A completely recognized and properly implemented quality management process can assist you in meeting all the requirements of your clients.
- Reduces the Risk Factors: With a correctly employed QMP, your employees can distinguish all the small errors well before they make a mess of your work. Therefore, with the implementation of this procedure, aside from increasing your employees’ efficiency, you will also get to reduce the chances of rework.
- Improves Internal Communication: With the employment of the quality management process, you will also be able to improve the coordination between your employees. Therefore, along with it, it would also encourage frequent interaction between them, which would further enhance their way of communicating.
- Reduces the Amount of Waste Materials: With the implementation of QMP, the number of errors and problematic issues will get reduced drastically. Therefore, along with it, the amount of waste materials will also decrease.
- Strengthens Your Competitive Position: With the reduction of errors and high production speed, your company’s overall performance will get enhanced. It will strengthen the competitive position of your company in the market and make you better than your rivals.
So, these are some of the benefits that you can enjoy if you can implement the quality management process successfully in your company. However, to reap the advantages of this procedure, you would have to strategize this procedure properly.
How Has This Process Influenced The Industry?
The quality management process is nowadays being increasingly used in various industries due to its overall effectiveness. It helps in improving the coordination and communication between your employees, which helps in increasing your organization’s overall production rate. Therefore, indirectly, it also assists in enhancing your working efficiency and building your company’s reputation.
However, if you do not know the best ways to implement the quality management process properly, then you would not be able to reap the benefits of this system. A certification can be a great way of learning and experiencing how exactly the quality management process works, and if you are thinking of getting one, then make sure to check out our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.