Handling projects demands hard work, the right skills, and a technical mindset to implement it all. But how do you demonstrate this in your work? They manifest themselves with enhanced speed and efficiency in task completion. We don't say this, but PMI does: ‘Organizations that are highly agile and responsive to market dynamics complete more of their projects successfully than their slower-moving counterparts -75 percent versus 56 percent.’
In project management, achieving and maintaining agility is paramount. This prompts many professionals to explore Agile certifications. However, understanding the costs associated with Agile certification is vital to this professional development journey.
What is Agile Certification?
Agile certification or PMP Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) is hard-earned proof indicating your clear understanding and practical application ability on Agile project management concepts and principles.
It indicates your worthiness to effectively utilize Agile practices in the work environment and complete daily responsibilities. The certification helps you learn skills relevant to your role and critical to landing job opportunities. The agile certification is applicable in multiple sectors, including business sectors, IT, marketing, HR, operations and others.
How Does the Agile Certification Process Work?
The agile certification process is as simple and common as other exams. All you need is to:
- Identify the exam suitable for your needs, career goals, and the industry you are interested in.
- Take certification from the official website to meet their eligibility requirements.
- Appear for the exam or take the assessment activities as determined by your Agile certification type.
- Pass the certification as per the set criteria and download the certificate. Flaunt the same on your resume and/or LinkedIn.
- Renew the certification by fulfilling the requirements stated by the certification provider.
Note: The charges on each step vary according to the certification provider and type of classes you choose.
Key Benefits of Obtaining Agile Certification
Certificates earned through hard work come with multiple benefits. Here is a list of those:
- Offer quality deliveries to the stakeholders from the organization’s side, thus enhancing the reputation
- Be flexible and adaptable as per the changing demands
- Agile practices focus on providing real-time insights to stakeholders on project progress, thus strengthening the customer or stakeholder relationship
- Clarity on obstructions and better opportunities to optimize the hindrances in timely delivery or to limit the cost
- Utilizing agile methods reduces risk and incorporates risk management opportunities
- Better and routine communication for transparent proceedings and expectations
- It enhances career growth and provides an opportunity to meet the current rising demands of organizations
- Certification maintenance requires earning 30 PDUs, which keeps you updated with new technologies
Different Types of Agile Certifications - Cost Comparison
There are different types of Agile certifications. We provide you with a cost comparison to help you with better insights for choosing the right one for you:
PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
INR 26,799 for non-PMI members and INR 23,555 for PMI members
ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP)
Professional certification is $75 per certificate
AgilePM Foundation - APMG
Depends on the course type. Approximate range is $250 to $2250.
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
Two chances for a free CSM test if taken within 90 days. Additional attempts cost $25.
Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I)
$200 per attempt
SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (SAFe POPM)
Exam cost is included in course fees and can be availed within 30 days of course completion.
How to Prepare for Agile Certification?
A customized plan is a prerequisite to begin your preparations for the Agile certification. Let us explore a generalized plan that you must follow to prepare for Agile certification:
Make a study plan: Organize every detail of your course and exam. Plan out your steps based on the classes, self-study, time to exam, and others. Set your deadlines, goals, milestones, and accomplishments, and follow the plan to meet the deadline.
Study: It includes both class or certification-based study and self-study. Get the right resources and invest time to strengthen your weak points.
Mock tests: Take mock tests or simulation papers to understand your level in the exam. Use them to identify where you lag or concepts that are still unclear to you.
Learn from colleagues: People who take exams share their experiences. The mentors guide you through do’s and don'ts. Carefully analyze and compare them with your habits and actions and implement the changes as suited.
Emerging Trends in Agile Practices
Companies have witnessed various ups and downs in recent years. A good comeback requires incorporating a well-known approach with proven results. Organizations like IBM, National Public Radio, and VistaPrint are already using Agile to expand their growth. Here are the emerging trends applied by companies in following Agile practices:
- Focus on DevOps teams and focus on their training and skill improvement
- Emphasis on upskilling and cross-skilling
- Short term activity oriented training over 4 to 5 days of exhaustive training
- Continuous usage of scaled Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Introduction of rapid feedback and cloud-based solutions
- Designed thinking and business agility
- Focus on lagging indicators and other factors contributing to business values
Gearing up to ace your project management abilities with Agile certification. What can be better than a full package providing expert-based guidance, strategies to clear the exam, practical experience, 24*7 customer support, and many more offers?
Holding years of experience, Simplilearn’s instructors have taught SAFe Certification: Leading SAFe® 6 Training with SAFe Agile Certification to thousands of learners. With a 100% money-back guarantee and two days of classroom training, you have a chance to obtain 15 PMI PDUs. Still not satisfied? Explore the course yourself to learn more about the available benefits.
1. How much time does Agile certification require on average?
The time requirement varies according to the Agile certification provider. Visit the individual official website and choose the appropriate program suitable for you. Subsequently, check the time required to invest.
2. Is it possible to complete Agile certification entirely online?
Yes, it is possible. You can opt for online classes and take online exams.
3. Is an Agile certificate worth it?
Agile-certified individuals are in demand owing to the requirement of time and cost-effective strategies to complete the projects. Hence, yes, an Agile certificate is worth it for individuals looking for a career in the same field.
4. How frequently must Agile certifications be renewed?
The frequency, number of PDUs, and renewal fee vary according to Agile certification providers.
5. Is there a prerequisite for Agile certification?
The prerequisites vary on the type of Agile certification chosen and the Agile certification providers.