Connecting strategy to execution is vital to achieving revolutionary marketing changes, and this has led to an exponential rise in demand for Growth Marketing Strategists. Companies look for experienced professionals who can run tests and employ the results to formulate data-driven strategies that uplift key performance metrics of their websites. If you have the core skills, you can expedite your Growth Marketing Strategist journey with powerful analytics tools. While Google Analytics is the most commonly used tool for analysis, here are 11 powerful alternatives to boost your analysis journey.
Google Analytics is the most popular, but it may not always be the best for a Growth Marketing Strategist. There are loading issues, privacy concerns, and a lack of accuracy. It is time to do away with Google Analytics and get insights into how well your growth marketing efforts are performing with the following promising analytics tools.
Woopra is a strong alternative to Google Analytics for Growth Marketing Strategists to boost customer retention and service engagement. It has a more user-friendly interface than Google Analytics and offers real-time features such as texting to a Slack channel whenever a user signs up.
- Provides trend reports helping understand why a product evolves
- Allows growth trend analysis throughout the customer lifecycle
- Doesn’t require SQL
- Allows behavioral segmentation of users
- Duke University
Mixpanel provides advanced analytics features. Google Analytics is based on page views, but Mixpanel depends on event tracking. It is thus trusted by 30% of Fortune 100 companies.
- Allows users to integrate 50+ tools
- Interactive reports allow queries and quick visualizations in seconds.
- Permits enabling interactive event analysis from Redshift or Snowflake
- Customizable dashboard
- Metrics update in real-time
It allows Growth Marketing Strategists to fully own the data and guarantees privacy protection, thus emerging as one of the best alternatives to Google Analytics.
Results from Fathom
- Easy to use and has an intuitive interface
- Allows you to export data
- Provides real-time data on when people are visiting
- Does not track personal information
- Avoids ad-blockers
- No cookies required
If you are a Growth Marketing Specialist, Plausible can be your best partner as it is lightweight, open-source, privacy-friendly, and much easier to use than Google Analytics.
Results from Plausible
- Fully compliant with GDPR, CCPA and PECR
- Offers simple analytics at a glance on a single page
- Quick and easy to integrate
- A lightweight script (less than 1KB) allows faster loading than Google Analytics
- Doesn’t require cookies or GDPR consent
- Allows event tracking, goal conversions and campaign
- Allows users to share stats with a custom link for viewing them
- Erlang Ecosystem Foundation
If you are a Growth Marketing Strategist looking for a more robust tool than Google Analytics, FoxMetrics is the best option.
Results from FoxMetrics
- Allows you to create your own data models
- Customize dashboards to exactly get what you require from your website data
- Offers campaign personalization
- Helps you create customer profiles based on visitors’ activities
- AMC theaters
GoSquared is one of the best tools for Growth Marketing Strategists. It uses the ‘pinging’ technology to provide calculated time visitors spend on a website and is more accurate than Google Analytics.
Results from GoSquared
- Offers a live chat feature to augment sales
- Provides insights into the browsing activity that directed a user to your webpage
- Real-time dashboard updates
- Respects privacy and does not collect personal information
- Allows you to know your visitors and see what languages they use, their browsers, and IP addresses
- J.P. Morgan
- Tennessee State Government
7. Adobe Analytics
Adobe Analytics is a part of Adobe Experience Cloud products. It effectively uses website, mobile, or app traffic data to create customized landing pages and product recommendations. As a Growth Marketing Strategist, it can be your favorite tool because it can track hundreds of goals simultaneously, unlike Google Analytics which tracks only four goals.
Results from Adobe Analytics
- Offers several channels to collect data (mobile, app, web, etc.)
- Both online and offline data integration
- Allows real-time segmentation of all online data
- Provides much data storage
- BMW World
Chartbeat is a powerful alternative to Google Analytics for Growth Marketing Strategists who are inclined to know how their content is performing via real-time tracking.
Real-time Analytics from Chartbeat
- Offers easy to use and customizable dashboards and reporting
- Allows image testing
- Provides integrations for achieving actionable insights
- Provides headline optimization
- The Telegraph
- The Washington Post
- Le Monde
Heap is structured for Growth Marketing Strategists who are vested in understanding online products and product trend interactions. Unlike Google Analytics which only tracks sessions and pageviews, Heap captures form submissions, clicks, and field changes. It quickly takes into account your updates and newly added features.
- Uses visualization tools
- Does not require any prior technical knowledge
- Provides a complete set of behavioral data of visitors
- Walmart Labs
10. Piwik PRO
Piwik PRO is a competitive Google Analytics alternative with advanced data protection features. It is ideal for sensitive customer data like healthcare, government, or finance departments.
- Enhanced privacy protection
- Allows monitoring of user behavior across mobile, desktop, apps, and intranet
- Ensures that gathered data is in line with all relevant laws
- Product teams analytics offering customer experience optimization
- Customizable dashboards allow the addition, removal, and editing of analytics sections
- Provides quick reports
- Allows funnel-building
Gauges is another powerful alternative to Google Analytics for Growth Marketing Strategists. It offers live updates on every view that comes in without the need to refresh the dashboard.
Results from Gauges
- Offers comprehensive insight into the incoming traffic
- Comes with attribution modeling capabilities
- Allows customer journey insights
- Tracks campaign performance and analyzes revenue
- Real-time data breakdowns for the number of visitors and where they come from
- Benefit Solutions, Inc.
- WaterAid America, Inc.
- Nasstar PLC
Smartlook is a website and mobile analytics tool used by over 2,00,000 business enterprises. It reports the visitors and what activity they did on the site. It offers a unique set of features and enables you to understand user behavior at the micro-level.
Clicky Web Analytics provides a more personalized understanding of traffic to blogs and smaller websites. Clicky has several features that set it apart from the competition, namely Spy and RSS feeds, which allow website owners to get real-time information about their users.
Matomo Analytics is a free (GPL-licensed) on-premise web analytics tool or a premium cloud-hosted service. It is open-source software that helps businesses to keep full ownership and administration of their data, making it a popular choice. Matomo is quite beneficial for obtaining real-time data.
15. Piwik Pro
The first privacy-focused Google Analytics substitute is Piwik PRO. Piwik PRO Analytics Suite, created in 2013, enables tracking of user behavior on websites, mobile apps, products, and intranets. The platform guarantees adherence to stringent data protection standards in the EU, US, China, and Russia, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Kissmetrics is an advanced web analytics solution that uses events to track individual users and provide other capabilities like cohort analysis. To enhance analysis, it features many add-ons and a completely customisable dashboard. The integration of Kissmetrics with other programs and platforms is quite simple.
HubSpot Analytics is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform that helps businesses and management synchronize sales and establish effective marketing strategies. This is an analytical tool that assists marketing teams in increasing sales enablement. It also improves your company's Return on Investment (ROI). The application also recommends effective Inbound Marketing methods.
Leadfeeder is an effective B2B traffic analysis software to track and identify businesses that visit your website. The tool tells you which companies visit your website and which pages they browse, which helps you better understand your website visitors' behavior. This allows you to develop more effective marketing tactics.
W3Counter tracks site visitors, referrals, browser versions, resolution, and operating systems. W3counter displays detailed information about your website traffic on a visually appealing interface. You can use this approach to identify your most engaging pages, learn more about your users, and follow their progress around your site.
Microanalytics is a user-friendly website analytics solution which is GDPR, PECR, and CCPA compliant. Microanalytical was developed and is hosted in the European Union. It's a light, privacy-focused alternative to Google Analytics that runs on renewable energy.
Dreamdata is a B2B Marketing Attribution Platform that assists you in creating, replicating and scaling success. The platform collects, joins, and cleans all go-to-market data to give transparent, actionable insights into what generates revenue. This helps businesses to study the lifetime value of ads, measure content ROI, benchmark growth, and forecast income.
Statcounter is a cloud-based web analytics tool that enables organizations to track website traffic, performance, and visitor locations, as well as engagement metrics, browsers, activity feeds, and other metrics. Administrators can track trends for business landing pages by analyzing referrals from social media apps, paid traffic initiatives, search engines, and other websites.
Oribi Analytics provides the actionable information you need to make sound, data-driven marketing decisions without the need for coding. It displays the result of your website visitors' entire journey.
It is a website SEO checker, used to swiftly determine the important metrics of any website or page. You can find an extensive list of SEO measurements, analyses, and recommendations there. To acquire an SEO audit of a domain or page, add it as an extension and click the symbol.
25. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is an all-in-one SEO software package that includes all of the SEO tools required to properly perform online marketing campaigns. The system has several extra tools, such as White Label, Social Media Management, and Marketing Plan, that are designed to take your professional digital services to the next level.
Semrush is an SEO tool that performs keyword research, monitors the keyword strategies used by your competitors, audits your blog's SEO, searches for backlinking chances, and does a lot more. Semrush is trusted by online marketers all around the world. A plethora of businesses, both small-scale and large-scale, use it as well.
Ahrefs is primarily used to examine the link profile, keyword positions, and SEO health of a website. You may perform keyword research for Google, YouTube, and Amazon using Ahrefs. Additionally, a lot of people utilize Ahrefs to locate content that has worked well on a particular topic (in terms of social shares and/or links).
Mention is a social listening and media monitoring platform that helps businesses and agencies analyze audience perception on social media and the web. With Mention, you can quickly keep track of what audiences are talking about a company or a product online, gain in-depth industry insights, and evaluate the effectiveness of your marketing and PR efforts.
The Optimizely Intelligence Cloud product suite maximizes your marketing data to increase digital conversion. Web experimentation, Full Stack, and Optimizely Data Platform are included in the suite. You immediately provide value by fusing your creativity with AI, powered by experimentation, content analytics, and AI.
Google Analytics Limitations
1. Is there a free alternative to Google Analytics?
There are several free alternatives to Google Analytics that guarantee better features (such as privacy, easy loading, and more), including Piwik Pro, Heap, FoxMetrics, Woopra, and Mixpanel.
2.What can Google Analytics not do?
Google Analytics cannot do the following important things:
- It cannot track individual users for you.
- It doesn't explain why certain things work or why not.
- It does not provide the facility to view and analyze multiple dimensions at once.
- It lacks complete focus on events.
- It does not provide data on what cities/ countries the visitors are coming from.
- Google Analytics does not have a good support system.
3. What is the best replacement for Google Analytics?
Growth Marketing Strategists consider Mixpanel to be the most powerful alternative for Google Analytics. It is trusted by more than 30% of Fortune 100 companies to get clearer insights and boost customer retention.
Do you want to master the essential disciplines in Digital Marketing? Check out the Digital Marketing Specialist course now.
Enroll for our exclusive Post Graduate Program in Digital Marketing & Analytics and become a Google Analytics expert in just 5 months. You will meet expert faculty from IIIT Tiruchirappalli and learn the best industry practices and latest tools. Sign-up today!
Explore unlimited Digital Marketing and Analytics courses at Simplilearn and give your career the right push. Our unique courses are well crafted keeping in mind the needs of a working professional.