Best Practices on Managing the Security Function: CISSP Certification Training
Security function is a major requirement for every organization and must knowledge for those preparing for CISSP Certification exam. Anyone looking forward towards attaining a CISSP certification needs to realize the best practices on managing the security function. Let’s discuss the same in this post.
- Budget and Resources for Information Security Activities: The security officer must work with the application development managers to ensure that security is considered in the project cost during each phase of development.
- Evaluate Security Incidents and Response: Periodic compliance, whether through internal or external inspection, ensures that the procedures, checklists, and baselines are documented and practiced. Compliance reviews are also necessary to ensure that end users and technical staff are trained and have read the security policies.
- Establish Security Metrics: Various decisions need to be made when collecting metrics, such as who will collect the metrics, what statistics will be collected, when they will be collected, and what are the thresholds where variations are out of bounds and should be acted upon.
- Participate in Management Meetings: Security officers must be involved in the management teams and planning meetings of the organization to be fully effective.
- Ensure Compliance with Government and Industry Regulations: Governments pass new laws, rules, and regulations that establish requirements to protect nonpublic information or improve controls over critical processes with which the enterprise must be in compliance.
- Develop and implement information security strategies: Information security consultants, both technology and process oriented, play pivotal roles in developing and implementing the organizational security and practices.
- Assist Internal and External Auditors: Assist Internal and External Auditors for assessing the completeness and effectiveness of the security program.
- Stay Abreast of Emerging Technologies: The security officer must stay abreast of emerging technologies to ensure that the appropriate solutions are in place for the company based upon its risk profile, corporate culture, resources available, and desire to be an innovator.
- Maintain Awareness of Emerging Threats and Vulnerabilities: The threat environment is constantly changing and the security office needs to be aware of each and every change.
- Understand Business Objectives: This understanding increases the chances of success, allowing security to be introduced at the correct times during the project life cycle.
- Security Awareness Program: The security officer provides the leadership for the information security awareness program by ensuring that the program is delivered in a meaningful, understandable way to the intended audience.
To know more about best practices of managing security function, you can explore our training courses on Certified Information Systems Security Professional exam. Simplilearn offers extensive CISSP certification training from expert tutors.
About the On-Demand Webinar
About the Webinar