Download PMP Exam Formulas!
It is a universal fact that at any stage of project management, project managers are required to perform simple as well as complex computations and calculations for their projects. These computations are performed with the help of certain formulae. The PMP exam requires the knowledge and application of such formulae, and this helps the assessor to get a better understanding of the examinee’s knowledge and potential. Currently, Project Management online training is also available.
One of the most fundamental things that an aspirant must take note of while understanding the formulae is the fact that s/he must not be intimidated by them, they are easier than most people feel. Listed below are the important formulae one needs to have an understanding about, for the PMP Exam:
1. Present Value
2. Standard Deviation
3. Activity Variance
4. PERT (Project Evaluation and Review Techniques) 3-Point Estimation
5. Communication Channels
6. Cost Variance
7. Schedule Variance
8. Cost Performance Index
9. Schedule Performance Index
10. Estimate At Completion
11. Estimate To Complete
12. To Complete Performance Index
13. Variance At Completion
14. Expected Monetary Value
15. Total Float, and
16. Point Of Total Assumption
While there are many ways in which one may memorize and retain PMP formulae, some of the most popular methods are using Flash Cards, manually writing them down and/or using various apps available on smartphones across the market. Some pre-exam tips according to experts are:
1. Study the formulas until you feel confident enough to recite them.
2. Practice every day by writing the formulas at least 5-6 times.
3. In case you make mistakes, get to the root of it, understand the same and correct it.
4. Do this for at least two weeks prior to the exam date, at different times of the day.
Once you feel confident about your knowledge of the formulas:
1. Have someone time you.
2. Write down the formulas as fast as you can (Start with a mx of 15 minutes).
3. Do this 5-6 times a day, if you make any mistakes, review.
4. Every day, try to better the previous day’s timing.
5. Try to get your timing down to 5 minutes at least a week before the exam.
On the day of the exam:
1. You will be given 3 blank sheets of paper to use for Math problems.
2. Before the actual computer exam starts, you will be familiarized with the commands through a tutorial.
3. You may use some of this time to write down the formulas on one side of a blank piece of paper.
4. You can refer to this paper for formula-based questions in the exam – this is acceptable.
5. Do not worry, you will pass! For some important PMP formulae, click below to download:
To know more, visit our PMP Training Section.
Referred Content: Mark Troncone, MBA, PMP®, CSM
Find our PMP® Certification Online Classroom training classes in top cities:
|PMP® Certification||5 Apr -3 May 2019, Weekdays batch||Your City||View Details|
|PMP® Certification||7 Apr -22 Apr 2019, Weekdays batch||New York City||View Details|
|PMP® Certification||12 Apr -10 May 2019, Weekdays batch||Austin||View Details|
Recommended articles for you
Earned Value Management Terms and Formulas: PMP® StudyArticle
The Top 8 Formulas to Memorize Before Your PMP® ExamArticle
Top 7 Tips for PMP® Exam PreparationArticle