With how information technology has deeply penetrated every aspect of our lives, the world needs skilled IT professionals to make it possible for organizations to leverage the right technology and create, sustain, and innovate the IT infrastructure. One such organization that is transforming the IT landscape is DXC technology. The organization hires skilled professionals through various rounds of interviews. Candidates who aspire to be a part of the organization will find great help as they go through common DXC interview questions.
When preparing for an interview, knowing about the company, the hiring process, structure of the interview, and career prospects at the organization can help the candidate be better prepared for being hired. This article aims to provide aspiring candidates with useful details about the hiring process, common interview questions, and some tips that can help make the preparation process a lot more efficient and fruitful. Without any further ado, here’s everything you need to know if you plan to join DXC Technology.
About DXC Technology
DXC Technology is a service-based company that offers mission-critical solutions to global enterprises, enabling them to carry out private, public, and hybrid cloud operations through innovation and technical expertise. With 18 offices in 10 major cities of India, over 700 customers and 40 years of experience in addressing their core challenges to offer focused solutions, and with over 40,000 talent bases, DXC Technology is a reputed company and a trusted choice among global enterprises. DXC Technology provides services that help improve the performance, customer experience, and competitiveness for its clients. This makes the organization an exciting choice for freshers and experienced professionals alike in the field of information technology, offering an array of career opportunities.
DXC Technology Recruitment Process
The DXC recruitment process involves various rounds of interview, including a written test, an aptitude round, and an objective and technical round. However, before preparing for the respective rounds, it helps to go through the eligibility criteria to ensure you are qualified for the job role you’re applying for. Here’s a brief set of criteria that candidates must met when applying at DXC Technology-
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree of engineering or technology (B.E or B. Tech) from CSE, ECE, TELECOM, EI, IT, or EE. In case of a master’s degree, specializing in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other fields related to these specializations helps.
- The course should be recognized by the State or Central government of India and should be a full-time course. The candidate should have a minimum score of 60% with no active backlogs during the interviewing process for DXC Technology.
- The candidate must have a minimum score of 60% in 10th and 12th standard.
There are certain pre-requisite skills when applying at DCX Technology, which are as follows-
- Technical skills, such as the basic knowledge of operating systems, object-oriented programming (OOP), database management system, computer networks, and data structures and algorithms. The candidate should also be proficient in at least one of the programming languages, such as Java, Python, C++, etc.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills are crucial for being recruited by DXC Technology, as most positions require coordination and collaboration with team members and other teams.
- Professionalism, organizational skills, conflict management, and positive attitude are highly valued in an individual during the interviewing rounds, and these skills are assessed through various questions during the HR round.
Coding and Aptitude Round
The online test for DXC Technology is conducted on the AMCAT platform, and it is a 100-minute test with questions from different topics. The topics range from English, quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, essay writing, coding-related questions from automata fix, and multiple-choice questions related to computer programming. When attempting questions from a specific topic, candidates are not allowed to switch between the topics. The questions don’t carry negative marking.
One thing worth keeping in mind is that the online aptitude test is eliminative in nature. This means the test is used to shortlist candidates based on their performance for the subsequent rounds of interview. Therefore, an individual’s performance in the initial online aptitude round is of great significance.
The test comprises questions ranging from easy to medium in terms of difficulty level, and candidates with average IQ can clear this round quite easily. It is also crucial that candidates are well familiar with the fundamentals of computer science to be able to answer certain questions.
While this round is of great importance for freshers and those applying at DXC Technology through campus placement, this round may be skipped for professionals with experience, unless it seems necessary to the recruiter.
Technical Interview Round
The online test is followed by technical rounds of interview for freshers, while experienced candidates might directly have the technical round. This round of interview covers questions on data structures and algorithms, and the interviewers might also ask candidates to code their answers. Based on the answers provided, the quality, logic, and other aspects of the codes are evaluated to assess the candidate’s skills.
This round of interview is followed by another technical round to evaluate the candidate’s expertise. In this round, the candidate might have to frame SQL queries for different types of relational database activities, answer questions related to cloud-based technology, and talk about their past experience. Candidates can stand out from the rest by displaying their knowledge about APIs and designing distributed systems.
This round also consists of questions about the candidate’s educational qualification and their background to gain a better idea about their specialization and foundational knowledge and skills. Candidates must have a good grip on the fundamentals of computer science to be able to qualify for the next round for DXC Technology. The candidate may have to elaborate on their favorite programming language and answer questions related to object-oriented programming, operating systems, data structures, and other such concepts.
If the candidate has some work experience, such as a software engineer with a few years of work experience, the panel of interviewers may ask questions from the resume. Therefore, it is important for the candidates to go through their resume and be able to explain their role, responsibilities, accomplishments, operations, etc. in their previous company. Some questions related to unit testing and functional testing may also be asked to gauge the candidate’s technical expertise. The technical rounds of interview are generally eliminative in nature as well.
The Human Resource Round
When a candidate successfully passes the above-mentioned rounds of interviews, the last few rounds are generally the human resource or behavioral round, through which interviewers try to evaluate the candidate based on their personality traits, behavioral aspects, and their understanding of DXC Technology to evaluate whether the candidate is a cultural fit for the organization.
To prepare for this round of interview, the candidate must do some research pertaining to the services provided by DXC Technology, the tools, and other aspects. This information can be easily accessed through the company’s website. While some questions can be as simple as “tell us something about yourself”, there might also be a few questions to understand how a candidate would react in an awkward or challenging situation. Therefore, one can expect puzzle-based or situational questions.
The best way to go about the human resource round of interview is by displaying honesty, authenticity, and confidence while answering the questions. With that said, here’s a list of some common questions that may be a part of the HR round.
- Why would you want to work for DXC Technology?
- Tell us a little bit about yourself.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses, and how do you plan to work on your weaknesses?
- Are you a team player?
- Are you open to working night shifts or extra hours?
- Why should we hire you?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- What value do you think you can add to DXC Technology?
DXC Technology Interview Questions And Answers
Every organization has certain focus areas when interviewing candidates to ensure they possess the right skills to do justice to their job role. And so, organizations, including DXC Technology, incorporate some questions that help assess the same. Having access to the most common DXC interview questions can aid in your preparation for the interview as well as written online test. With that said, here are the 10 common questions that recruiters may ask freshers and experienced candidates alike.
1. What is the difference between Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and Structure-Oriented Programming (SOP)?
Following are the key differences between Object-Oriented Programming and Structure-Oriented Programming-
The area of focus for Object-Oriented Programming is objects rather than procedures and functions.
Structure-Oriented Programming aims at providing a logical structure to a program. This is achieved by dividing the program into different functions.
OOP follows a bottom-up approach.
A top-down approach is used in SOP.
Programmers can implement data hiding with the help of OOP.
SOP does not allow programmers to implement data hiding.
OOP can aid in the solutions of issues of varying complexity- from simple to highly complex.
SOP finds its application in tackling only simple to moderate level issues.
OOP allows programmers to reuse codes in order to reduce redundancy.
Redundancy is unavoidable when using SOP as it does not allow reusing codes.
2. What are the differences between an abstract class and an interface?
Here are the key differences between an abstract class and an interface-
In terms of usage, an abstract class is extended.
Interfaces are implemented, and not extended.
Abstract classes may or may not contain non-final and final variables.
All the variables are by default final in case of an interface.
Abstract classes can be public, private, etc. in terms of accessibility of data members.
An interface is always public.
Abstract classes allow for different methods, including abstract and others.
An interface allows only abstract methods to be present in it.
It is not possible to implement abstract classes.
An interface can be implemented.
3. What is a Virtual Private Network (VPN)? Explain the different types of VPNs.
A Virtual Private Network creates a private network from a public internet connection, allowing users to exchange data in a secure manner with a high level of privacy. One of the major applications of Virtual Private Network is to allow telecommuting workers to have access to resources that may otherwise not be accessible on a public network. A VPN utilizes tunnel technology that helps hide online activity, thus offering privacy. There are two main types of VPNs, which are as follows-
- Access VPN- Access VPN is useful for connecting to the internet for users with remote mobiles and telecommuters. Popular for being a low-cost solution, access VPN offers a host of connectivity options and can be substituted for ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) or a dial-up connection.
- Site to Site VPN- Commonly also known as Router-to-Router VPN, this type of VPN connects the network of two or more offices from different locations. This is of two types- intranet VPN and extranet VPN. While intranet VPN provides internal connectivity within the company, extranet VPN is used to connect different stakeholders, from suppliers, customers, partners, etc. with the help of dedicated connections over shared infrastructure.
4. What are abstract classes? Can objects or instances of abstract classes be created?
An abstract class is a class with abstract methods. In abstract classes, the methods are declared; however, they’re not defined. When utilizing a certain method in a subclass of the abstract class, one needs to specify the method solely in the subclass.
Objects and instances cannot be created when utilizing abstract classes because an abstract class cannot be completely implemented. Therefore, instances cannot be produced.
5. What are the benefits of using a VPN?
Using a Virtual Private Network can offer various benefits, some of which are as follows-
- VPN, as opposed to wide area network or WAN, can be used more conveniently to connect different offices from several geographical locations in a remote manner.
- VPNs are a preferred choice when users seek a secure connection, especially when making online transactions as it acts as a tunnel, making a public network private. It is also used to exchange data between workplaces across the globe in a secure manner.
- A Virtual Private Network can help safeguard all the information pertaining to an organization from potential threats or data breaches and third-party access.
- A VPN can also be used for maintaining anonymity when online by hiding the identity of the user through encryption.
6. What is Network Reliability? What are the criteria for checking the network reliability?
A network’s capacity to be able to perform an operation that has been requested, through a network is known as network reliability. It is extremely crucial for a network to be reliable or dependable for it to function well, and this is made possible with the help of network monitoring systems. These systems can help with the detection of faults in the network and network devices help in ensuring that the data is sent to the intended destination. A network’s reliability can be assessed through various parameters, such as downtime, failure frequency, and catastrophe. Downtime is the time that a network takes to recover. Failure frequency is the number of times a network encounters failure in performing as anticipated. Catastrophe is when an unforeseen incident hits a network.
7. What is the meaning of Data Independence?
In a three-tier database management system, the data at different levels should operate without affecting each other. This is known as data independence. Following are the two types of data independence-
- Physical Data Independence- When changes are made to the location of indexes or tables for a specific dataset, it should not change or modify the external display of other data or the conceptual makeup of another data. This is known as physical data independence. This type of data independence is relatively easy to establish and is offered by most database management systems.
- Conceptual Data Independence- When change of any kind is made to the conceptual schema, this should not affect the external schema, meaning the external and conceptual levels should be independent. For instance, when a feature of a table is changed by modifying a certain feature, this should not impact the view of the table for the user. When compared to physical data independence, this type of data independence might be difficult to establish.
8. What is a Bootstrap Program in Operating Systems?
When a computer system starts, a program is responsible for the initialization of the operating system, and this program is known as bootstrap program. In other words, a bootstrap program is the first program that runs upon the booting of a computer system. A bootstrap program is stored in the boot blocks, on a specific disk at a certain location, and it completely decides the functionality and performance of the operating system.
When a computer system starts, the Bootstrap program reads the operating system, after which it loads into the RAM of the system. Once this happens, other systems, such as the keyboard, mouse, graphic card, etc. start.
9. Explain different types of real-time operating systems.
When an operating system is liable to real-time limitations, it is known as a real-time operating system. Some of the instances of a real-time operating system are to meet a certain deadline or making sure a response is made within the stipulated time limit. There are various types of real-time operating systems, which are as follows-
- Soft Real-Time Operating System – When the responses of an operating system do not meet a specific timing requirement, it is known as a soft real-time system. While it is not mandatory to meet the deadline for each activity in a soft real-time operating system, it is however important that the outcome is delivered and the process is complete. However, the deadline for every process cannot be missed in a soft real-time operating system, and the process should be completed and the deadline should be met based on priority.
- Hard Real-Time Operating System – Hard real-time operating systems treat timelines as deadlines. This means the deadlines or timelines are supposed to be strictly met without being overlooked. The procedures of a hard real-time operating system should be completed without any errors in the first attempt as they do not possess a persistent memory. Time is allotted for each event, and correct answers must be produced for these events within the allotted time.
10. List out the key benefits of using Views in a Database Management System.
Here are some major advantages of using views in a database management system-
- With the help of view, one can limit the extent of the visibility of underlying tables to the outside world as view aids in representing a data subset of a table.
- Views can be used for simplifying and merging various tables into one virtual table.
- One of the several advantages of using views is that they take up only littles storage space. Only the view’s specifications are stored in the database instead of storing a copy of the entire data that is displayed.
- Views can also be used for obscuring the complexity of a data.
- Based on the SQL engine used, one can utilize views for added protection.
How To Prepare For Talend?
While Talend is a powerful tool, it can be a little challenging to learn the basics. However, with an increase in demand for Talend, there is an abundance of resources that can help you start learning Talend and become a successful Talend developer with a good grip on the concepts. Here are some tips worth following to learn Talend-
Go Through the Basics
For starters, it is extremely important for someone new to Talend to gain a good understanding of every key component. You can refer to informative websites that list the components of the tool, what these components are used for, and how to use them. When a learner understands the significance of a component, it becomes easier to incorporate it in the project and understand when exactly one might need the component.
Look for Tutorials
Going through tutorials is one of the best ways to not just understand everything about Talend, but also know how to use the tool. This is a vicarious means of gaining hands-on experience in executing Talend projects. With tutorials, a major advantage is that a learner can gain a step-by-step perspective and a visual experience of learning how to use the tool right from scratch to finish. However, when picking a Talend tutorial, make sure it comes from experts and make it a point to opt for the latest tutorials, as there are countless outdated tutorials that might not prove to be as useful.
Talend Help Center
You can easily find a full documentation library by visiting Talend Help Center, which will also give you access to manuals of the recent Talend releases pertaining to different topics and administration of different components. You can also download the PDF versions of the manuals, which will allow you to annotate and highlight when learning.
There are various forums dedicated to different talent products. Learners can access these forums and ask questions. There is a large Talend community that can help learners find answers to questions or issues they encounter when using different Talent products.
DXC Technology Careers
There are various verticals at DXC Technology that candidates can apply for based on their educational qualification and skills and knowledge. Following are some verticals that have job openings at DXC Technology.
- Analytics and Business Planning
- IT Engineering and Architecture
- Marketing and Communications
- IT Security
- IT Infrastructure Management
- Software and Applications
- Quality, Compliance, and Risk
- Service and Program or Project Management
- Sales and Sales Enablement
- Consulting and Advisory
Tips for Candidates
While one effective way to do better at your interview is by going through common DXC Technology interview questions, there are various other steps you can follow to ensure you’re preparing in the right direction. With that said, here are some useful tips that can help you qualify different rounds of interviews at DXC Technology:
- Working on coding skills can help increase your speed, which can also help in improving problem-solving and reasoning abilities.
- When preparing for the technical round of interview, it is crucial to identify strengths and weaknesses so that you can dedicate more time to work on your shortcomings. In addition to that, you can also learn how to display your strengths in ways that help you stand out from other candidates in the eyes of the recruiter. If you have work experience, you can highlight your skills and display how these skills can help you perform better at DXC Technology if hired.
- Going through the blogs and the website of DXC Technology can provide you with rich insights into the tools and technologies that are used in the organization. With this information, you can answer questions related to the company and prove your motivation to be a part of the organization and add value to it.
- Going through videos and blogs written by candidates who have successfully cleared all the rounds of interviews at DXC Technology can be of great help. This will acquaint you with the interview process, what to expect, and how to create a great impression in front of the interviewing panel.
- Displaying confidence during the recruitment process and giving a firm and assertive introduction about yourself can help with your selection. When starting the conversation, it helps when you have a positive attitude and a body language and gestures that convey the same. Furthermore, answering questions positively and professionally can create a lasting impact on the recruiters.
- You can also do a practice interview with the help of different mock interview platforms. With the DXC interview questions that have been listed above, you can come up with your own interview. These platforms pair users with their peers, wherein both the candidates get a chance to interview each other. This activity can help you be more confident during the interview process.
Looking forward to enhancing your cloud computing skills? Enroll in our Caltech cloud computing certification today and take your career to new heights.
By now, you should know all about the different sorts of DXC Technology interview questions and answers to expect in the hiring process. One field is cloud computing, showing a great deal of growth and demand for skilled employees. There are multiple certifications which teach learners about cloud computing, and one of them is Simplilearn’s Professional Certificate Program in Cloud Computing.
If you have any doubts regarding the above interview questions or the course, feel free to add your queries in the comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the interview conducted by DXC Technology easy?
While how the difficulty level is perceived completely depends on the candidate’s skills and knowledge, the interview will be a lot easier if you know about the rounds of interviews conducted, the types of DXC Technology interview questions that are commonly asked, and brushing through key concepts that you must know as someone from the field of Information Technology. For experienced candidates, it is crucial to know what exactly is mentioned in the resume so that they’re better prepared to answer every question pertaining to their previous work experience, projects they’ve worked on, skills they have acquired, and the key responsibilities they had to deal with on a daily basis at their previous job.
What are the key components of the DXC Technology operating model?
There are three components to DXC Technology operating model, which are CxO & Board Executives layer, Digital Transformation Execution layer, and Business Units layer.
What are some important concepts and topics to prepare for appearing in a DXC Technology interview?
The DXC Technology interview, and specifically the online written round and technical round are designed to test a candidate’s programming skills. To be well-prepared for the interview, candidates should be well-versed with concepts, such as database management system, operating systems, cloud computing, software management, programming languages, and basics of HTML. Make sure you go through other computer-related topics as well. For experienced candidates, it is crucial to know about every concept mentioned in the resume. Other common questions asked during an interview at DXC Technology can be about expected salary, reason for leaving the previous company, and relocation, among others.
What is the salary of a fresher at DXC technology for the position of Associate Software Developer?
While the average salary that a fresher can expect for the role of an Associate Software Developer is Rs. 3,60,000 per annum, it can range anywhere between Rs 3,00,000 to Rs 5,00,000 depending on the skills and knowledge a candidate possesses and how well they perform during the interview.