In Gen Z, skills are considered more important than having a degree certificate. If you want to scale up for a high-paying job, then Digital Marketing Skill is the fastest growing in the market. The most in-demand skill out there. Digital marketing is not only about website advertising. There is more evolution in this area. It can use advanced technology, content creation, AI, and more. As a beginner, you may be in a dilemma about where, how to start, and which skill to learn.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is about advertising the product and services of a business through digital channels, including social media, email, websites, search engines, and any other digital channel.
Read more about the key advantages of digital marketing in our article here.
Measures that Decide the Highest Salary in Digital Marketing
Different ways decide the highest salary in digital marketing. Like any other profession, digital marketing salary varies depending on factors such as Job titles, work experience, and different marketing channels. In digital marketing, we see generalists and Specialists. The generalist knows of at least some of the digital marketing channels. In contrast, the specialists pick just one or two that are interrelated and well-versed in that particular area to get a highest paying digital marketing jobs
Highest Paying Digital Marketing Jobs
Digital Media Managers
- Role and Responsibility: A digital media manager is responsible for bringing traffic to the website through online advertisement on platforms like Google, Facebook and Instagram. They need to identify which platforms are most suitable for reaching the right audience and be creative in their skills to get the best input optimization for greater output.
- Qualification: They need a bachelor's degree in management or marketing.
- Approximate Package: From $70 000 to $ 90 000
Pay Per Click Managers
- Role and Responsibility: Pay-per-click managers help rank the website on the first page for the organic result. Pay-per-click is an advertising option for gaining relevant visibility immediately. The business is guaranteed to show top results. Bidding more does not mean the ad will appear more; ad relevance and quality score are very important in deciding whether the ad shows top results. The managers can leverage the quality score, and ad relevance is what makes PPC a skill.
- Qualification: A bachelor's degree in marketing and good knowledge of digital marketing.
- Approximate Package: From $20 000 to $30 000
- Role and Responsibility: They help improve the company's website to rank organically in search engines. They use various techniques, speciality in identifying the trending focus keyword and understanding competitors' strategies.
- Qualification: A bachelor's degree in marketing, good knowledge of SEO and well-versed in using various techniques and analysis of the competitors.
- Approximate Package: From $30 000 to $ 40 000
- Role and Responsibility: Search engine optimization specialists help companies to improve their ranking in search engines like Google. They analyze trending focus keywords on increasing traffic to a website. This is used in writing articles, blog posts, and social media posts. The main objective is to rank high in Google. They understand the new trends in search engines. They work with content writers and marketers to develop effective strategies for increasing organic search results on Google. They monitor analytic data from these engines daily.
- Qualification: They must possess a strong knowledge of SEO practices and the ability to interpret and make recommendations based on them. Generally, SEO specialists must have a bachelor's degree in marketing or any related field. As they are in a marketing position, making a presence online and building a network is essential.
- Approximate Package: From $40 000 to $ 60 000 per annum.
- Role and Responsibility: A content strategist must be able to create a strategy for the content plan, understand the new trends in the market, and align the content according to customer preferences.
- Qualification: They must have a bachelor's degree in marketing or journalism, or copywriting and know SEO practices and social media trends.
- Approximate Package: From $40 000 to $70 000 per annum
- Role and Responsibility: An e-commerce specialist is a person who handles the online sales and marketing of company products and services. They need to analyze the data from the websites and online stores to identify new trends in consumer behavior. They create website content such as product descriptions, blogs, and social media posts and sell their products and services. Even they set up a payment system for customers. E-commerce specialists are employed by retailers, companies that provide e-commerce services, and online stores. They can also be self-employed.
- Qualification: Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in marketing or business management and hands-on experience in e-commerce and marketing.
- Approximate Package: From $34 000 to $60 000 per annum.
Brand Marketing Expert
- Role and Responsibility: A brand marketing expert is responsible for maintaining and increasing the company's reputation, goodwill, and brand. They work with clients to prepare strategies to improve brand awareness and increase lead generation. A brand marketing expert helps identify new opportunities for new products and services.
- Qualification: Brand marketing experts must usually have a bachelor's degree in marketing and be good at social media. Companies, businesses, and marketing firms can employ brand marketing experts. The newbies can start building their resumes with internships and part-time jobs. Good brand expertise must emphasize customer satisfaction, loyalty programs, social media campaigns.
- Approximate Package: The Highest paying digital marketing jobs in India is $50 000 to 60 000 per annum.
Social Media Marketers
- Role and Responsibility: Social media marketing uses social media to promote brands and services. They create content, manage and measure the campaigns. They use various platforms to reach out to new customers. The main goal of social media marketers is to meet business objectives by creating content for blogs and websites to get more traffic.
- Qualification: They must understand how to prepare the marketing strategy for various social platforms. A digital marketer must create content that resonates with their audience. A marketing degree is an add-on to the job. Social media marketing managers can work for media outlets, e-commerce sites, publishers, and big companies.
- Approximate Package: From $30 000 to $50 000 per annum.
Digital Project Managers
- Role and Responsibility: A digital project manager is a person who prepares the planning, design and development of digital projects. They need to work with clients to understand the needs and timelines of each project and check the output. They need to ensure all team members follow the plan.
- Qualification: They should have a bachelor's degree, good communication skills, and good knowledge of digital media; they can be employed by various companies like software development, marketing firms, and web design agencies. They need good experience in the industry by working as digital project managers.
- Approximate Package: Digital Project managers are one of the highest paying marketing jobs in India. From $ 70 000 to $90 000
- Role and Responsibility: The marketing analyst is responsible for helping companies to reach the right audience by collecting analytics. They gather information on customers' preferences and demographics; then, they use this information to create strategies to increase sales and generate more profit. They identify the type of content which will appeal to a specific group of customers. They work closely with the marketing team.
- Qualification: Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in Marketing, computer science, or management. Companies from different sectors, such as consumer services, retail outliers, entertainment, and advertising agencies, can employ them.
- Approximate Package: From $ 50 000 to $ 70 0000 per annum
- Role and Responsibility: A visual designer has to create the look of an organization's brand. They need to follow brand guidelines that can be used consistently across all the channels, websites, videos etc. They must work with the marketing team to ensure the designs are used correctly and consistently with the company's brand strategy.
- Qualification: They must have a bachelor's degree in graphic design or visual communication. They must have a good portfolio of their work and a strong presence on social platforms. They can be hired by any marketing house, design studio, or advertising agency, and even they can work as freelancers.
- Approximate Package: From $40 000 to $60 000
How to Get a Digital Marketing Job that Pays High?
The best way to get a digital marketing job is by having good marketing knowledge; They must have hands-on experience. A good portfolio includes testimonials, experiences, samples, awards, etc. Related certification courses are an add-on value to the portfolio.
Top Skills Required
Some of the top skills required to ace a digital marketing job that pays high such as communication skills, writing skills, analysis the Google Analytics, digital marketing, running ad campaigns, understanding customer preferences, content planning, SEO etc.
Best Companies for Digital Marketing Jobs
Now we can get many good companies that offer digital marketing jobs. As we know, every business needs a digital presence, and to expand and get a lead, digital marketing plays a vital role in reaching out to a wider audience in a cost-effective way. In any marketing agency, companies offer products and services. Some top companies offer highest paying digital marketing jobs in India such as Accenture, Google, Tata Consultancy Services, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Zoho, IBM, Freelance, and much more.
Future of Digital Marketing
The business can scale up with the help of digital marketing, as they will integrate their core value proposition for the particular target audience on various channels. The digital marketing strategy will allow the business to understand their consumer's tastes and preferences more clearly. This helps in reaching out to a wider audience. Digital marketing creates the highest paying digital marketing job, and the cost of living will increase.
Hope this article was able to give you a fair idea about the highest paying digital marketing jobs to look out for in the coming years. If you are looking to enhance your digital marketing skills further and unlock a high paying job in this field, we would highly recommend you to check Simplilearn’s Post Graduate Program in Digital Marketing. This program, in collaboration with Purdue University, can help you gain the right marketing skills and make you job-ready in no time.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Our team of experts will get back to you at the earliest.