Today, web development and SEO are no longer the only use cases of the programming language Python. With its broad array of software libraries and ability to support diverse programming paradigms, it is reader-friendly and easily scalable for larger applications. If you’re considering a career in Python development, you’re likely curious about the average Python developer salary.
Lately, the growing implementation of Python in emerging fields, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, Fintech, IoT, and big-data analytics, is driving the popularity of this general-purpose, high-level programming language to new heights.
Check out this video to understand the trends and patterns in Python developer salary in 2023.
Because of Python's numerous positives, it is quickly becoming one of the world's most popular and fastest-growing programming languages. The Python programming language ranks first in the IEEE Spectrum's 2019 list of high-level programming languages, and it also claims the fourth position in the TIOBE index, which analyses the popularity of various programming languages. TIOBE predicts that Python can surpass C++ to get into the top three.
Become a Software Development Professional
- 13 % CAGR
- 30 %
There is no doubt that Python is one of today's most sought-after scripting languages, but how does its increasing demand translate into Python programming jobs and salaries?
The versatile Python programming language has several use cases. Therefore, the average Python developer salary will greatly vary based on the field of application. Here's a detailed overview of the average Python programmer salary and Python jobs salary.
Are you looking for a job change with a decent salary hike? Then wait no more! Enroll in our Full Stack Development-MEAN Program today!
Is Python Development in Demand?
Every programmer knows the fact that python is one of the most popular programming languages around the globe. Despite its popularity, there is a common misconception that Python is not in demand. This couldn't be further from the truth! And the truth is Python is one of the most in-demand languages, and Python developers are some of the highest-paid developers in the world. According to a recent report, the average Python developer salary in the US is $96,000 yearly.
And there are several reasons behind Python's popularity and demand.
1. Versatile Language
Python is a versatile language among the other programming languages that can be used for web development, scientific computing, artificial intelligence, and more.
2. Easy to Learn
Python is relatively easy to learn, which makes it a good choice for beginners and experienced developers alike.
3. Larger Activity
Python has a large and active community that creates and maintains a wealth of open-source libraries and tools. Python developers can easily find libraries and tools to help them with their projects.
4. Industrial Usage
Python is used in industries like finance and web development. It can be used for everything from building web applications to creating desktop apps and even server-side web applications.
5. Rise of AI
The rise of AI is the key factor driving increased Python development. Because Python is a widely utilized coding language in AI.
So, if you're considering a career in Python development, you're making a smart decision. Because python developers are in high demand, and the Python developer salary is very competitive.
Python Developer Salary, Python Jobs, Salary Information
Multinational tech companies are continuously looking for professionals skilled in the Python programming language, and this is pushing searches for Python jobs; salary-related searches are also getting pushed to the top of popular job portals. The roles of a Python developer vary from Data Scientists to Application Developers, Sys Admins to DevOps Engineers, and Web Developers. The following is the average Python developer salary for these different roles:
- Data Scientist: 78,456 USD/year
- DevOps Engineer: 97,310 USD/year
- Software Developer: 110,305 USD/year
- Senior Software Engineer: 90,596 USD/year
- Software Engineer: 90,662 USD/year
Find Our Python Training in Top Cities
Python Salary With Respect to Experience
Currently, the number of software developers worldwide stands at around 25 million. Of that number, 8.2 million are Python developers. Interestingly, the number of Python developers has now exceeded the total number of Java developers, which is 7.6 million globally, according to a report by SlashData. Below is a list of the average Python salary based on work experience.
Entry-Level Python Developer Salary
The average entry-level Python developer salary is 59,888 USD/year to 111,605 USD/year.
Junior Python Developer Salary
The average junior Python developer salary, which may also be classified as mid-level, is 117,940 USD/year.
Senior Python Developer Salary
The average senior Python developer salary is 132,789 USD/year to 145,923 USD/year.
Python Developer Salary in the US
As a Python developer, you can expect to earn a good salary in the United States. But your exact salary will depend on a number of factors, including your experience, location, and the specific company you work for.
- However, salaries will vary depending on the city you live in. For example, Python developers in San Francisco can expect to earn significantly more than those in other parts of the country.
- And experience also plays a major role in the python developer's salary. If you have several years of experience under your belt, you can expect to earn a higher salary than someone just starting.
- Similarly, if you have specialized skills or knowledge, you may be able to command a higher salary as well.
In general, Python developers in the US can expect to earn an average salary of around $96,000 per year.
So, what is the average Python developer salary in the United States? Here is a breakdown of salaries by city:
- San Francisco: $143,476
- California: $138,466
- New York: $132,598
- Los Angeles: $105,000
- Boston: $100,000
- Chicago: $95,000
- Houston: $90,000
- Dallas: $85,000
- Atlanta: $80,000
- Seattle: $75,000
As you can see, there is a wide range of salaries for Python developers in the US.
Python Developer Salary in India
Python developers are in high demand in India, and their salaries reflect that. In general, Python developers can expect to earn salaries in the range of ₹4,00,000 to ₹8,00,000 per year, but they are depending upon their experience and skills.
- Bangalore and Hyderabad are two of the best-paying cities for Python developers, with salaries in the range of ₹6,00,000 to ₹8,00,000 per year.
- Chennai and Pune are also good options, and you can get as a python developer around ₹4,00,000 to ₹6,00,000 per year.
- Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata are also good options for Python developers, and the salary range should be between ₹4,00,000 to ₹6,00,000 per year.
Become a Software Development Professional
- 13 % CAGR
- 30 %
Top Reasons to Learn the Python Programming Language
The Python programming language is commonly used to develop web applications, websites, medical tools, desktop apps, GUI, back-end APIs, and network servers. What's making this highly-scalable programming language even more appealing these days is its use in machine learning and artificial intelligence applications. The following are some of the top reasons to earn a Python certification:
- From NASA to Facebook, Google to IBM, Dropbox to Yahoo, Mozilla, Instagram, YouTube, Uber, Quora, and Reddit, many leading global technology organizations use the Python programming language for a variety of applications. These major technology companies are always looking for skilled Python developers.
- For most tech companies, Python is the preferred programming language for big data analytics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning applications. Earning a Python certification from a reputed institution will boost your career opportunities significantly.
- The Python programming language is an ideal choice for beginners because of its flexible syntax and robust library. According to the CodinGame 2020 Developer Survey Report, 84 percent of the 10K developers surveyed said that Python is their primary programming language.
1. Is Python in demand in the USA?
Python is a very popular programming language around the world and the USA is not an exceptional one.
2. What is the starting salary for Python Developers?
In India, you can expect to earn as a python developer ₹427,293 per year.
3. What is the highest salary for Python Developers?
As a python developer, you can earn up to 8 lakhs per annum.
4. Which pays more Java or Python?
Both java and python are well-paid programming languages but somehow python developers get paid more than java developers.
5. Which coding language has the highest salary?
These are the top five highest- paid programming languages around the globe:
- Clojure - $106,644
- Erlang - $103,000
- F# - $95,526
- LISP - $95,000
- Ruby - $93,000
Programming Language Python is Tech's Next Big Thing, and You Should Be Prepared to Use It
Python has already become the second-most popular language in GitHub, rapidly surpassing its competitors, especially Java. This has led to an increased demand for Python certification worldwide.
Earning a Python certification can ultimately mean job security; however, to land the best-paid programming jobs, you will need an industry-recognized certification from a premier educational institution, like Simplilearn, which the world's leading brands trust. We recommend you check Simplilearn's Full Stack Java Developer course. This course, in collaboration with Caltech CTME, can help you hone the right skills and make you job-ready.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Our team will get back to you at the earliest.