2020 has forced businesses to reinvent themselves. Brick-and-mortar retailers are taking their shop to the internet -both traditional businesses that never took online seriously are changing their minds, and those that have a website are actively looking for ways to promote it. In the light of these shifts, SEO is no longer an after-thought — even for businesses that might not have known of its existence until now.
Simply put, if you want to get noticed online, attract customers before your competitors can do so, and convince them to buy your products/services, you need SEO.
However, SEO can be a tricky game because the field is constantly changing and evolving. New updates on search algorithms shake up the landscape every now and then. Plus, SEO trends, best practices, and tools come and go at a rapid pace. Getting SEO to work for you isn't easy. Knowing what strategies marketers are using and what's fetching results can help you in this regard. And that's one of the things you can learn by keeping an eye on SEO stats.
Whether you're moving your business into the online world or trying to prove the value of SEO to your clients, here are some impressive SEO stats that will tell you why SEO is essential in 2021 and which areas to focus on to get the maximum returns from investing in SEO. These SEO stats also provide insights to help you set benchmarks when building your business' SEO strategy for 2021 and beyond.
Search Engine Stats
As mentioned above, popular search engines like Bing and Google keep on rolling out their algorithms updates which mention the key reasons to rank your websites in search results. Within two to three months, they release new tips which change the impact of search results. This results in the rules of SEO instantly. This is the reason, it is advisable to stay up to date with recent SEO stats.
- Google is anticipated to dominate the search engine roost by holding about 70% of total searchers across the world.
- Google applies over 200 ranking factors in its algorithm which helps in determining the position of a website in the search results.
- Websites that have fast loading speeds will automatically rank faster as compared to ones that take time to load.
- Google, being the top most search engine handles at least 2 trillion searches every year.
- When it comes to technical SEO techniques, page speed optimisation holds a significant position which immensely helps in boosting the performance of a website.
- Around 93% of online service experiences start on a search engine.
- The images that are compressed will help in reducing bounce rates and boost the page's rank on its search results.
- The number of searchers on mobile is more than desktop searchers.
- In 2020, the maximum search queries in the US had a maximum of three words.
- Over 25% of searchers in Google happen to click on the first organic search result.
- Around 75% of the users browse the first page of the Google search results page.
- Organic PPC and SEO ads that are used in proper combination will generate about 25% additional clicks and provides 27% more profits than an average ad strategy.
SEO Content Stats
In SEO, content is considered as king because you will only be able to incorporate the keywords in the content of your website. Genuine content provides the ultimate user experience which retains buyers and attracts new customers to your site and convinces them to buy. In terms of SEO content strategies, it includes smart use of keywords, creating high-quality backlinks, publishing informative blog posts to get engagement, and so on.
- Around 47% go through three to five types of content pieces before taking a decision to purchase.
- High-quality backlinks will help you in getting 30% of your entire page score in the Google search engine.
- To rank content in the Google search engine, it takes into account the overall reputation as well as the E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness) of the business or the website.
- The website pages which rank in the top 10 of the search results have an average word count of 2,000 words for the specific keywords.
Local SEO Stats
Many research and surveys have proved that websites that are optimized for local SEO end up getting more customers from location-specific searchers. Almost half of the searchers belong to a specific location on Google. Thus, if you are ignoring the local SEO, you end up losing the potential customers. Local SEO is an SEO technique which helps your site to rank at the top of the search results in the local area. Now, we will have a look at some important local SEO stats which will help you in deciding why you need to invest in it.
More than 87% of the local searchers on mobile tend to visit the business or call them within 24 hours.
72% of customers who perform local searches visit the store within a distance of five miles.
97% of the local customers try to get information about the business online.
Certain searches with the terms ‘close by’ or ‘near me’ increased over 900% over the past two years.
Most of the local searches result in purchases.
61% of mobile searchers are more likely to get in touch with local businesses that have mobile-friendly websites.
Video SEO Stats
When we talk about search engines, we consider Yahoo, Google, and Bing. However, over 2 billion people actively use YouTube to get the information that they are looking for. Having said that, apart from YouTube, videos that are shared on websites and social media platforms will provide a strong impact of SEO that help to boost the online visibility of an online business. This results in generating more traffic to your site. The following are the important video SEO stats which will help you in deciding whether to make an investment in video.
More than half of the mobile traffic is covered by online videos and 59% of experienced digital marketers state that they will prefer going for video marketing.
As per research and surveys, people these days spend more than 100 minutes per day watching online videos.
Videos having 50X tend to appear on the first page of the search results than plain text.
Videos embedded in landing pages boost their chances of showing up on the first page of SERPs.
Around 87% of video marketers have witnessed an increase in the number of traffic which redirect to their websites by watching the video. In fact, 80% of customers have decided to purchase products and services by watching the videos.
Around 90% of video marketers generated good ROI.
The blog posts embedded in them get high-quality backlinks and experienced an increase in search traffic by 157%.
Master many facets of SEO including keyword research, technical SEO, link building, analytics, with the Search Engine Optimization training course.
Get Inspired by These SEO Stats and Learn How to Build Successful SEO Campaigns!
As an indispensable part of digital marketing, SEO demands your attention if you're looking to carve a career in digital marketing or drive effective campaigns online for your company or clients.
With increasing competition in the online space, SEO is one of the most powerful weapons for a business to survive, stand out, and succeed. To make the most out of SEO techniques and tools, you must have the requisite knowledge and skills.
Simplilearn's SkillUp offers a range of free digital marketing course that can equip you with a detailed understanding of SEO basics and concepts. You can take your SEO education to the next level with Simplilearn's Advanced Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Certification Program, along with a whole range of digital marketing courses. These expert-led courses help you master every form and facet of SEO, including keyword management and research, on-page and off-page optimization, link building, URL building, SEO analytics, and more.
Start your SEO journey with Simplilearn today and become an industry-ready SEO professional.