Attracting potential employees, effective recruiting, boosted productivity, morale, and retention result from a well-structured job description. When companies hire employees with vague job descriptions, the candidates on board stand unprepared for their duties. The more detailed a job description, the better it is. The position of a Quality Control Manager strongly influences the organization. These professionals ensure that every product meets consistent standards. They develop and implement quality control tests, inspect various production stages and make improvisations. The Quality Control Manager job description requires specific details on the key requirements, responsibilities, duties, and skills the position entails.
Quality Control Manager Job Description Template
Consider the following Quality Control Manager job description template as a reusable model. You can tailor it and add specific requirements, job duties, responsibilities, and skills.
[Formal Job Position Title]
Provide a brief, four to five- sentence description of the quality control manager role in paragraph form. Include how the position connects with the organization overall and what success would look like in this position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Quality Control Manager Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of a quality control manager are stated below. You must be careful to customize these as per the requirements of your company before adding them to your official job posting:
- Understanding customer and stakeholder requirements to develop effectual quality control processes
- Devising specifications for products/ processes
- Setting raw material requirements for suppliers and monitoring their compliance.
- Conducting an assessment of the company's production processes and curating in-house quality policies
- Ensure that the manufacturing processes comply with both local and global production standards
- Collaborating with quality personnel for the implementation of systems, procedures, and standards of operation
- Conducting quality audits to ensure that the quality policies are being adhered to
- Training quality assurance personnel for building a strong work unit
- Establishing procedures for sampling, recording and reporting data
Job Brief for Quality Control Manager Job Description
Take inspiration from the following job overview example for a quality control manager job description:
We seek a detail-oriented, experienced Quality Control Manager to ensure the smooth production lines generating a consistently top-notch output of products that meet efficiency and quality standards. To be successful as a quality control manager, you must understand the customer's requirements and coordinate employee efforts between management and the production teams with excellent communication, observational and analytical skills and a demonstrated knowledge of regulatory compliance.
Your prime goal is to help maintain our reputation by confirming that our services and products are capable of driving sustainable growth.
Requirements and Skills for Quality Control Manager Job Description
The requirements and skills section of the quality control manager job description will include the following points:
- BSc/ BA in business administration or relevant field
- Proven X years of experience as a quality manager
- A results-driven approach and a keen eye for detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legal standards and quality control procedures
- Excellent math abilities
- Good technical and IT skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- Certification in quality control will be a strong advantage.
Quality Control Manager Job Description Example
Here is a complete quality control manager job description example for your inspiration.
You can also download the Quality Control Manager Job Description pdf and use it as a template for your job advertisement.
Quality Control Manager
We are looking for a dedicated Quality Control Manager who would be a key member of the site leadership team responsible for ensuring that the products manufactured at the site are safe, wholesome and comply with all applicable company, customer and regulatory requirements.
A can-do attitude that drives effective change and moves the processes positively is recognized as the best in class. We seek an effective coach and communicator who can skillfully create an empowered and engaged workforce culture.
To be successful as a quality control manager, you should have in-depth knowledge of product safety, quality and continuous improvement via effective data analysis and decision-making.
Quality Control Manager Requirements:
Quality Control Manager Salary in India
According to Glassdoor, the national average salary for a Quality Control Manager is ₹16 lac per annum in India. While the highest annual salary can go up to ₹30 lac, the lowest reported is ₹7 lac.
The salary will differ based on location and the company you apply for. Typically, metropolitan cities and top tech companies offer higher salaries of over ₹30 lac per annum.
Quality Control Manager Salary in the USA
The average base pay for a Quality Control Manager in the US is $80,388 per year. Candidates also receive additional cash compensation of $8,192 per year on average.
The average salary Quality Control Manager specialities are as follows:
- Food Production Quality Manager: $92,780 per year
- Construction Quality Control Manager: $74,553 per year
- Technical Quality Control Manager: $92,780 per year
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does a Quality Manager do?
A Quality Manager ensures that all products of the company meet consistent standards. They plan and implement quality control tests. They also inspect at various stages in production and formulate reports on their key findings to strike the best solution as and when needed.
2. What makes a good Quality Manager?
Irrespective of the industry you work in, exceptional communication and listening skills, in addition to a keen eye for detail, help you excel as a quality manager. Sound knowledge of quality control measures and procedures relevant to your industry is a must for any quality manager.
3. Who does a Quality Manager work with?
While several Quality Control Inspectors work under a Quality Manager, the Accountable Manager supervises a Quality Manager.
Get hands-on experience through applied learning with 13 projects, 12 simulation tests, 18 case studies , and several PDUs in our Lean Six Signma Expert program.
Fastrack Your Quality Management Career
Sign up for our IASSC accredited Post Graduate Program in Lean Six Sigma and learn how to solve real-world business problems. Attend masterclasses, learn through case studies and capstone projects, and business mentoring from industry experts from KPMG in India.