UiPath is a well-known RPA tool. It has grown in popularity over the years and is now used by organizations all over the world. UiPath enables IT departments to set up software robots that collect and interpret data in a variety of applications, assisting businesses in successfully automating their business operations. People who learn UiPath have numerous opportunities in the coming years.
If you plan to interview for an RPA or UiPath developer role, here is a comprehensive list of the most frequently asked UiPath interview questions with answers. You can check out other videos and articles on UiPath for better clarity. Now, it’s time to get started with UiPath interview questions.
Beginner Level UiPath Interview Questions
1. What is UiPath?
UiPath is a robotic process automation solution for end-to-end automation on a big scale. It offers firms tools to automate ordinary office tasks in order to accelerate business change. It employs a range of techniques to turn time-consuming jobs into automated processes.
Also Read: What is RPA?
2. Which are the Different Components in UiPath?
- UiPath studio- UiPath studio is an easy-to-use interface that uses diagrams and drag-and-drop features to allow users to graphically plan and construct various automation processes. These diagrams are simply a visual representation of the tasks you must perform.
- UiPath robot- The strategies are translated into tasks by UiPath Robots, which are subsequently executed. These robots are used to assign jobs and do them in the same way that humans do but with no human intervention. They design UiPath robots to conduct tasks automatically when a specific operation occurs on the computer.
- UiPath Orchestrator- The Orchestrator is an UiPath-based online application. It comes with tools for deploying, monitoring, scheduling, and controlling automated bots and processes. It's a single location where all software bots may be managed and maintained.
3. What are the Different Workflows in UiPath?
- Sequences: A sequence is a small type of project that is best suited for linear processes. It enables developers to transition from one activity to another easily. You can reuse them numerous times.
- Flowchart: You can use them for large or small projects that help develop complex businesses and connect activities in various ways. Flowcharts assist in the presentation of multiple branches of logical operators.
- State Machine: A state machine is a machine that uses a certain number of states for automation during execution. It will only change states if you perform an action on it.
4. What is a UiPath Robot?
The robot is UiPath's execution agent, it allows you to run processes created in Studio. To execute processes, robots must be connected to an Orchestrator or licensed locally.
5. What are the Different Components of UiPath Robot?
- Service - The Robot service is the primary controller for all operations. It communicates with Studio, the Robot Agent, and the Robot Command Line Interface by an inter-process communication channel to receive and process information.
- Executor - The Robot Executor is the component that is directly responsible for process execution. The Robot Service creates a Robot Executor instance every time it starts a job.
- Command Line Interface - The Robot Command Line Interface is a console application that starts jobs and waits for their results.
- UiPath Assistant - A UiPath Assistant is a tool designed specifically to improve the user's interaction with the robots from the comfort of their desktops. It is where users can easily access, manage, and run automation with a few clicks.
6. What is the Difference Between an Attended and Unattended Robot?
Attended robots- Attended robots are supervised robots that humans operate. They work on the same workstation as a human user and are triggered by user events.
Unattended robots- Unattended Robots are those that do not require human supervision to perform tasks. They run in virtual environments without human control and can automate any number of processes.
7. What are the Features of UiPath?
The features of UiPath are as follows:
Drag and Drop Workflow- By dragging and dropping related tasks onto the graphical workspace, the UiPath user creates visual process steps. They then turn those process stages into a visible workflow using user interface properties. Users can also use the UiPath tool's recorder wizard to create web-based or application processes.
Record and Playback- The user can use this function to record actions and transform them into an automated process series.
Inbuilt activities in UiPath- Over 300 built-in activities come standard with UiPath, covering a wide spectrum of process automation and application integration design requirements. These activities may be found in the Activities pane, which covers the majority of design processes like data extraction, data entry, and automation.
Advanced Scraping Options- UiPath Screen Scraping makes scraping data from websites and applications easier. The data scraping wizard also aids in the scraping of data with a repeating structure. Any program, including.Net, SAP, Java, Flash, Legacy, and PDF may be scraped with ease.
High Security and robustness- With UiPath, you can build super-smart, long-lasting robots. Everyone in the workplace can utilize these bots due to a simple visual canvas. To execute the bots, UiPath provides high-security auto-login capabilities and operates with a locked screen. This makes it possible for automated procedures to run in complete privacy.
8. What are the Different Recording Options in UiPath?
The following types of recording options are available in UiPath:
Basic recording- Basic recording focuses on automating single operations and is typically used to create a complete selection for each activity.
Desktop recording- You can utilize desktop recording for a wide range of tasks, including application development.
Web recording- A standard tool for viewing and recording web page actions is web recording.
Citrix recording- It's a popular tool for capturing images and automating virtualized environments.
9. What is an orchestrator?
The UiPath Orchestrator is a web software application that helps you use UiPath Robots to orchestrate repeated business activities. Orchestrator is a platform that allows you to create, monitor, schedule, and control automated bots and processes.
10. What is a Gsuite Activity?
- The UiPath GSuite Activities package helps automate Google Workspace applications such as Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Gmail, and Google Docs.
- You can create and modify Google Calendar events, manage Google Drive files, read and send email messages, and create new Google Sheet spreadsheets and Google Docs documents with the Google GSuite Activities Package.
11. What are Selectors and Wildcards in UiPath?
The use of wildcards helps in the replacement of strings. It is useful when you deal with attributes that change dynamically in the selector, and the selector aids in the automatic generation of the selection by utilizing wildcards.
12. What is a REFramework?
The Robotic Enterprise Framework is a State Machine-based project template. It's designed to incorporate all the industry's best practices for logging, exception management, application initialization, and other areas, allowing it to handle even the most complex business situations.
These were some of the Basic or Beginner Level UiPath Interview Questions. Next, you will move on to Intermediate Level Questions and Answers.
Intermediate Level UiPath Interview Questions
13. What are Data Scraping and Screen Scraping?
- Data scraping is the process of extracting structured data from a browser, application, or document and saving it to a database,.csv file, or even an excel spreadsheet.
- Screen scraping methods are activities that allow data to be extracted from a specific UI element or document, such as a.pdf file.
14. Explain the Different Types of Automation in UiPath?
UiPath is a helpful tool for sorting, deleting, retrieving, and analyzing data. It is simple to migrate and integrate data into platforms. StudioX has strong integration with Microsoft Excel and ships with several activities that automate excel tasks.
It refers to the automation of tasks performed on your computer with files and folders, such as creating, renaming files, copying files and folders. StudioX includes several activities that automate tasks that you perform with files and folders.
CSV automation is used to add data or retrieve data from CSV files. Add the CSV activities inside the Use Excel File activity, where it defines the Excel file to move data between CSV and Excel.
Enables task automation with emails from the Outlook desktop application, Gmail, and Outlook 365. Mail automation enables users to add the activities that use data from the account inside the resource activity by using Outlook 365, Gmail, or the “Use Desktop Outlook App” activity.
Word automation allows automating the most common tasks in Word documents.
Add the Word document to a Use Word File activity, and then add the Word activities to automate within Use Word File.
Allows the user to automate the most common tasks in PowerPoint presentations. Add the presentation with a ‘Use PowerPoint Presentation’ activity, and then inside Use PowerPoint Presentation, add the Presentation activities to automate.
15. Explain a Few Read and Write Activities in UiPath
- Read range: Reads the value of an excel range and stores it in a Data table variable
- Read cell: Reads the value of an excel cell and stores it in variable
- Read CSV: Reads all entries from a specified CSV file
- Write Range: Writes data from a data table variable to a Spreadsheet
- Write cell: Writes a value or formula into a specified spreadsheet cell
- Write CSV: Overwrites a selected Data Table to a CSV file
16. What is an Excel Application Scope?
Excel application scope opens an Excel workbook and sets the scope for Excel activities. When you complete this activity, the specified workbook and the Excel application are closed.
17. What is Manage Package in UiPath?
The package manager functionality allows users to download activity packages, libraries, frameworks, wrappers, and others. It also allows users to view and update the ones already installed for the project and add and remove them. It displays the list of available packages per feed and the list of dependencies for the current project. The Manage Packages window always opens with the Project Dependencies list.
18. Name Some Orchestrator Capabilities
The Orchestrator Capabilities are as follows:
Provisioning- Provisioning is responsible for establishing and maintaining the connection between the robots and the web application.
Deployment- Assures that the appropriate package versions are delivered to the assigned robots for execution.
Configuration- Configuration is responsible for the safety and supply of robot environments and processes.
Queues- Assures that the workload is distributed evenly among the robots.
Monitoring- Keeps track of Robot recognition details and manages user permissions.
Logging- In a SQL database, logs are stored and indexed.
Inter-connectivity- Serves as a single point of contact for third-party solutions or applications.
19. Explain Process, Job, Asset, and Queue?
Processes- You can use the Processes page to create new processes, manage existing processes, from uploaded packages and keep all of your processes up to date with the newest package versions.
Queues- Queues are a type of storage container that may hold an endless amount of items. Queue objects store a variety of data, such as invoice information or customer information. This data is processed using other systems like SAP or Salesforce.
Jobs- A job describes the execution of a process on an UiPath Robot. It can start a job execution in either attended or unattended mode.
Assets- Assets are commonly shared variables or credentials that can be utilized in multiple automation projects. They enable you to store one-of-a-kind data that robots can quickly access.
20. What is a Tenant Context and Folder Context?
Select 'Tenant' from the sidebar menu to view and manipulate tenant-level entities in the Orchestrator. Multitenancy offers data isolation with only one instance of Orchestrator. This function helps in the automation of various departments within the business while also guaranteeing that Orchestrator data is approved following the user's requirements.
Select any available folder from the sidebar menu to examine and control the entities included within that folder.
21. What are the Features of the REFramework?
- During the initialization phase of several processes, some configuration settings and configuration values are frequently read, like URLs to web applications, Orchestrator queue names, and default logging messages.
- The built-in logging mechanism is another helpful feature of the framework. The majority of the system’s workflows use log message activities to output information about what is happening at each execution stage.
Business Exception and application exception
- If you can resolve the issue by restarting applications, the framework will do so automatically and attempts to process the transaction again. Such exceptions are known as application exceptions.
- If the issue is with the data or an underlying business requirement, the system skips the transaction and moves on to the next. Such exceptions are known as business exceptions.
22. Explain Delay, Do, if, and Switch Activities in UiPath?
- The Delay activity allows you to pause the automation for a specified amount of time. This activity is beneficial in projects that require precise timing, such as waiting for a specific application to start or for some information to be processed before using it in another activity.
- The Do activity allows you to run a specific piece of automation while a condition is met. The project exits the loop when the specified condition is no longer completed. This activity can be used to iterate through all the array elements or execute a specific action multiple times.
- The If activity includes a statement as well as two conditions. If the statement is true, it executes the first condition; if the statement is false, it executes the second condition. If activities can be used to make decisions based on variable values.
- The Switch activity allows you to choose one of several options based on the value of a specified expression. The Switch activity uses an integer argument by default, but you can change it in the Properties panel under the Type Argument list. The Switch activity is used to categorize data based on a predefined number of cases.
23. What is a Machine? Explain Standard Machine and Machine Template?
The Machines page allows you to provide and manage machines to register robots with the orchestrator. It displays the types of machines that are currently in use. It enables you to design your machine, whether standard or template.
It should be used when the name of the machine on which you want to define robots is the same every time you connect to it. You define the machine once, and then you can connect to as many Robots as you want from the Robots page.
It should be used whenever the name of the machine on which you want to define robots changes. You represent this entity once and then use a unique Active Directory username to connect to any number of attended floating Robots.
Advanced Level UiPath Interview Questions
Now that you have gone through the intermediate level UiPath interview questions, look at the advanced level UiPath interview questions
24. How to Publish a Project in UiPath?
- In Studio, create a new project.
- In the Design ribbon tab, click Publish. The Publish window opens.
- In the Package Properties tab: enter a name for the package.
- Click Next.
- In the Publish options tab, select where to publish the project.
- The info dialogue box displays.
25. How to Connect a Robot to the Orchestrator?
Step1: Open UiPath Assistant
The UiPath Robot is a form of workflow representation. Create a process in UiPath Studio before uploading it to the cloud orchestrator. Then, to conduct this workflow, configure different robots.
Step2: Login to the UiPath Orchestrator
Go to platform.uipath.com in your browser. Use your UiPath account to register.
Step3: Create a Tenant
Go to the Admin option after you've signed in. The tenant window appears after clicking on add tenant. All required fields, such as tenant name and password, must be filled out. Choose a provision and click it. The tenant is subsequently created, and the information is displayed on the tenant page.
Step4: Connect the robot to the Orchestrator
In the UiPath assistant, go to preferences, then orchestrator settings, and click sign in.
Once you click on sign-in, the UiPath assistant gets the token from orchestrator user authentication, and it will get connected.
Step5: Status- connected, Licensed
Once you sign in, you can notice a green dot that indicates that the robot is connected and licensed. The machine and robot are also automatically connected.
26. Explain the Different States and Transitions in the REFramework
There are four key states in the REFramework, namely:
This is the point at which the procedure begins. It's an event where the process initializes the settings and runs application tests to ensure that all of the prerequisites for the process's start are met.
Init transitions- There are two types of transitions in the initial state, namely System error and Success.
Get Transaction Data State
This state retrieves the next transaction object. This can be a queue item or a collection item.
Transaction items are queue items by default, but this can be modified to meet your needs. This is also where the developer can set the condition to exit the state when there are no items to process.
Get transaction data transition- No data and New transaction.
Process Transaction State
For the transaction item obtained in the previous step, the Process transaction state performs actions/applies logic in various applications. If a transaction item has been processed, the process moves on to the next transaction item available.
Process Transaction Transitions- Success, Rule exception, and error.
End Process State
This completes the procedure and closes the applications opened during the automation.
This is the final state, after which there are no transitions.
27. How to Merge Two Excel Files Into a Single Excel File?
Step 1: Launch the UiPath Studio and choose a new or existing project from your version control system's local repository. Create a new project by entering the project name. To begin, select the 'create workflow' option. To begin a new sequence, press Ctrl+N.
Step 2: In the project pane, drag and drop the two 'Read CSV' actions from the activities area. There are two sections to the Read CSV activity.
- Select the location of the Excel file to read from here.
- Right-click and create a variable for the output. enter the name as SL_file1.
- Repeat with another Read CSV action and a different Excel file location, naming the variable SL_file2.
Step 3: Select an Assign activity and drag it into place. There are two parameters to it.
- To - create a variable called mergedSL in this section. Change the type of the variable from generic to the system.Data.DataTable
- Enter an expression - sl_file1.Clone() is an expression.
The clone function duplicates the structure of an existing data table. However, the data is not copied.
Step 4: Activate two different "merge data table" actions by dragging and dropping them.
Each merging data table's destination and source must be entered separately.
- Destination – mergedSL
- Destination – mergedSL
Step 5: Drag and drop a CSV file to be written.
Create an output file in which the two files will be merged.
enter mergedSL in the "write from" option and click on the Run button.
28. How to Send a File Over a Mail?
Use a Get password activity
- The password for your Gmail account is stored in Get password. To receive an email, there is a requirement. Go to your Google account's security section and turn on "less secure app access."
- Then input your password in the properties pane. As a result, make a variable called sss.
Drag and drop a “Send SMTP mail message” Activity
- In the Properties pane, under the host in the server section, enter SMTP.gmail.com and enter the port value as 587.
- Under the Login section, enter your email and password as sss
In the send SMTP mail message, enter the email and enter the subject as a merged file
In the body section, enter the text you want to display in the mail within double codes.
Run the workflow and check the mail in the Mailbox.
29. How to Create Charts in Excel Using UiPath?
- Drag and drop “excel application scope”
Fill in all the necessary fields
- Drag and drop the “create table” activity
Create a table from a specified range
- Drag and drop “bar chart”
Enter cell range, chart title, data labels type - show value, tick show legend, and show value. Enter the sheet name- sheet1 and sheet size
- Drag and drop “pie chart”
And fill in the required options
30. How to Upload a File on Drive?
- Drag and drop Gsuite application scope
It handles the client connection and authentication for GSuite activities. The GSuite activities are associated with the account specified in the Application Scope. There are several types of authentication available.
- Drag and drop upload file activity
Select the local file, go to your google drive, create a folder, copy the URL, and paste it in double codes. In the new file, create a variable and name it as a file and finally run the process.
Learn RPA using the advanced UiPath platform with the Robotic Process Automation certification training course.
Hope that this tutorial on UiPath Interview Questions and Answers has helped you understand the types of questions asked and how to respond to them. However, if you want to learn UiPath and possibly make a career out of it, certification will be helpful.
Introduction to RPA from Simplilearn will help you broaden your knowledge of advanced intelligent applications, and this course will put you on the fast track. RPA is one of the most popular and rapidly expanding technologies for improving real-time business operations and processes. This course will provide you with an overview of RPA concepts as well as an understanding of UiPath. The value-add includes relevant business use cases and tool comprehension.
Do you have any questions that you'd want to ask us? Leave a comment in the comments box if you have any feedback or queries. Our experts will respond as quickly as possible!