Robotic Process Automation is in demand and is a highly growing field. It provides numerous benefits in various industries because it supports high-frequency, manual, repetitive, rules-based processes that are critical to providing appropriate services. In this tutorial, you will see the RPA use cases in different domains. You will first understand the problem statement of that domain and then look at the possible solutions that RPA provides to overcome this problem. Further, you will look at the real-time RPA use cases in each field.
- A customer representative must understand and solve the customer's queries, carry out necessary actions by switching between various applications, and inform the customer about the same.
- Customers must wait while the representative is busy dealing with data, sometimes asking for information that has already been requested. This decreases customer satisfaction and extends call duration.
- The solution requires identifying frequently asked customer questions, assessing customer representative actions in response to these questions, and developing RPA solutions to facilitate those actions.
- When several sets of information need to be coordinated across systems, the customer service representative can launch a bot. The bot completes all actions in seconds with the press of a button.
- For frequently asked questions, it can create a dashboard. The customer service representative will fill out the information to resolve the queries, and bots will use that data in multiple systems to complete the transaction.
- AIG is a leading international insurance company that provides a wide range of insurance policies, retirement plans, and other financial services to its clients to help them protect both their property and their future.
- AIG Israel's customer service team has to keep up with a growing workload while providing quick, efficient, and attentive service, as the company has grown in recent years.
- To overcome this, the company implements RPA to help its customer service team operate quickly and attentively without incurring the cost of hiring additional full-time employees. It automated 12 processes, thus increasing reliability and efficiency while relieving CSRs of time-consuming, repetitive, and rule-based tasks.
- Financial service involves compiling and combining financial information from various departments and storing the records in a system.
- It manually extracts data from bank statements to reconcile documents and link them to its forms using detailed spreadsheets.
- Businesses rely on Excel, legacy software, and manual labor to complete the reports, which are tedious and time-consuming.
- Robots can generate invoices in seconds, prompting clients to pay quickly. RPA in financial services tracks, standardizes, and validates payments, processes orders, and avoids errors.
- RPA in finance eliminates the need for endless email correspondence, ensures a smooth payment approval process, matches invoices to responsible parties, and sets deadline reminders.
- Automated data entry speeds up the process and relieves human employees of enormous tasks. This enables precise and structured invoice processing.
RPA use case discusses Robot Process Automation (RPA) that is taking place at the Bank of America. Bank of America currently only uses tasks and meta-robots. It has implemented an initiative that helps to rapidly expand the use of RPA across the bank. Thus, preparing the bank to introduce Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Techniques.
Bank of America collaborated with Pegasystems to implement the Pega Robotic Automation solution. The solution includes robots that interpret applications for data-intensive processes such as transaction execution, response triggering, and exception handling. It features non-invasive object-level integration, allowing the bank to bridge legacy systems, close data integration gaps, and wrap legacy system integrations.
- This operation includes routine interview scheduling, record keeping, resume screening, candidate shortlisting, induction training, and onboarding.
- Hiring and firing place a significant burden on HR and other support functions such as IT, security, and facilities management, particularly for medium and large businesses.
- RPA can collect and screen resumes and online application forms, conduct thorough background checks, and compare the information to all relevant job requisitions. This allows the best candidates to be shortlisted.
- RPA can be used to quickly create offer letters for new employees that are both personalized and accurate.
- It can validate records by cross-checking data such as absentee reports against time logged in the corporate network. It can also alert them when information is missing or inconsistent.
This RPA use case is about a global IT company that discovered the new hire setup process, which requires high-volume manual work, which was expensive, and had a high error rate due to manually copied and pasted data. An employee completed the process in 30 minutes, not including the time required to review and correct errors later on.
The company reduced the processing time to 3-4 minutes per new employee by combining attended and unattended UiPath robots. The increased automation accuracy also eliminated the time previously required to review and correct errors. During high-volume hiring periods, the UiPath solution proved to be easily extensible. By monitoring the automated process, the company improved data input, resource allocation, and error handling.
- For telecom companies, high reliability and accuracy of process outcomes are crucial. This is difficult to achieve when typical task fulfillment requirements, such as the need to go over multiple systems to query and to update them, are considered.
- The telecommunications industry involves a high frequency of manual, repetitive, rules-based processes, all of which are critical for providing appropriate service delivery. Furthermore, telecom providers must be prepared to meet the increased service demand.
- Using robotic process automation in telecom reduces error rates to close to zero, improves data quality, customer service, and operational efficiency while contributing significantly to cost reduction.
- RPA technology can capture the business process tasks performed by a telecom company's employees. A well-structured workflow is generated based on employees’ actions, which serves as the foundation for automated processes.
With the implementation of RPA, one of Canada's largest telecom companies saves a significant amount of money. This brand provides world-class broadband communication services to consumers and businesses across the country.
When the company launched its Robotic Process Automation (RPA) program in early 2017, it concentrated solely on accounting services, the department within finance. As employees learned about the benefits and successes of automation, a new challenge arose regarding how to respond to requests for automation implementation from other departments.
As RPA implementation spread across departments, the company could continue integrating automation with its core platform and incorporate bots with other different systems, one of which provides information such as exchange rates. It combined another platform developed with automation to download hundreds of reports monthly. 16 teams now used RPA across the company.
- Every industry has inefficiencies, but few face the healthcare industry’s challenges. They include strict regulations regarding patient data and a lack of resources to deal with such rules.
- Billing takes time after they provide a healthcare service because of manual and repetitive tasks in the management process.
- Management processes include document and data input, processing, and evaluation, besides automating time-consuming tasks.
- Patients can schedule appointments without the intervention of hospital employees credit to RPA technology. By allowing patients to schedule appointments quickly, this application can improve customer relations.
- RPA allows healthcare providers to track and document each process step in structured log files to comply with external audits. RPA improves data confidentiality because bots handle these processes.
- RPA bots automate front-office support and make it easier for the patient support team to manage patient queries. RPA solutions in the front and back office enable healthcare providers to provide better customer service.
Max Healthcare is one of the largest hospital networks in North India. Daily, Max Healthcare deals with an extensive amount of patient transaction data that must require processing. Everything from recording customer information to processing claims and reconciling data for government health schemes requires a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
Manually processing such large amounts of data is not only time-consuming but can also lead to plenty of errors and security issues. To handle this data more efficiently, Max Healthcare chose the UiPath Enterprise RPA platform.
RPA has not only resulted in a significant reduction in turnaround time in current processes, but it has also paved the way for the organization to move more quickly on its digital transformation journey. They deal with so much data that each patient may have hundreds of interactions or episodes in a single day. So reconciling all the information is a laborious task. With RPA, healthcare has accomplished things that would not have been humanly possible.
Learn RPA using the advanced UiPath platform with the Robotic Process Automation certification training course.
This tutorial on ‘RPA Use cases’ covers the real-time RPA use cases in different fields. It explains with problem statements and how RPA provides the solution. This is followed by an example in each domain.
The RPA Course from Simplilearn will help you expand your advanced intelligent applications expertise and put you on the fast track. RPA is one of the most popular and rapidly expanding technologies for improving real-time business operations and processes. This course will summarize RPA concepts and the value-add that comes with relevant business use cases and tool knowledge.
If you have any queries or feedback regarding the RPA Use cases or any other questions, let us know in the comments section, and our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.