There are bunch of things to consider before preparing a strategy but without deciding the goal and target audience, one should not start the action. The goal might be
- Creating awareness for the brand
- It might be to generate targeted traffic for the website
- It might be to increase the conversion rate
- It might be to make the users to download your mobile app
Length and depth of the content
The better researched article gets better movement on social media and search engines.
Social Media buttons and social media strategy are the call to action
The proper placement and size of the buttons are the key point to get more share counts from social media channels. For Ex: Viral content websites like Viralnova, scoop whoop, upworthy.com placed the buttons in both above and below the content, the sizes of the buttons are big.
The more you get shares the more people read your content.
Some people write highly quality and engaging content that makes user to read more but not until they share the content on any of their social media profiles (Must share to read more). This is the recent trendy distribution model that only works if you have a great content which compelling to share.
Most of the users and businesses are active in social media recent days, it is either Facebook or Twitter or Linkedin. You need an effective social media strategy to leverage the contents across appropriate social media channels that suits to your goal.
A diverse mix of content (content with rich images, Informative infographics, detailed case studies, engaging videos) is the best ingredient to take your content to the next level.
Visual stories (Infographics, videos)
Minimalized or structured content through Slideshare, Scribd and other PPT style is still performing well over audience. People trust these kinds of sites a lot.
Pinterest is the great example that visual stories generate more conversions than an article filled only with words
Location based strategy
Mobile content Marketing
Even some start-ups started launching a mobile app as a 1st release to acquire the smart phone users. Whats app and Instagram are the better example that mobile marketing drives better leads.
How to Measure success
Some of the predictions about content marketing in 2015 by experts
- “Rather than trying to publish as much content as soon as possible. We’ll move towards content marketing that’s both sustainable and reliable” – Pawan Deshpande, CEO of Curata
- “If you want your content to be great, get customers to participate! I think we’re going to see a lot more of what I like to call Participation Marketing.” – Lee Odden, CEO of Top Rank Online Marketing
- “The line between B2B and B2C content will start to blur as storytelling and the customer experience become more important than ever. In addition, mobile and multi-device content will become increasingly more important.” – Dayna Rothman Odden, Senior Content Marketing Manager of Marketo
- “Content creation has gotten a lot of attention lately, but content management and distribution will rule the day in 2015” – Mike Myers, Consultant, content marketing - Nationwide
- “2015 will be the year of mobile-first. Get it to work on mobile-first and let all the other platforms follow.” – John Fox, CMO of Venture Marketing
- “I believe 2015 will be the year where SMBs embrace content marketing massively.” – Guillaume Decugis, CEO of Scoop.it
- “Remarkable content and storytelling isn’t enough. Marketing technology, specifically marketing automation and analytics platforms, will play an increasingly important role in the planning, creation and distribution of content.” – Paul Roetzer CEO of PR 20/20