Top 10 benefits of attaining a PMP Credential
A PMP® credential opens up great avenues for a project manager, on the career front. It expands your market reach, enhances your project management skills, displays your ability to handle challenging projects, earns you critical projects, and increases your salary by a huge margin.
Here are the top 10 benefits of achieving PMP® Credential:
10) Sets you apart: With a PMP® credential, you have standardized project management skills and the right credentials to prove it. It enables you to demonstrate your project management experience, education, and competency to lead and direct projects.
9) Recognizes your project management skills worldwide: A PMP® credential is an ideal bet for all project managers across various professional fields including it technology, telecom, business processing unit, commerce, finance, research, and more.
8 ) Enhances your skills: The PMP® exam tests you on five project management processes – initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing. This ensures you acquire a standardized set of project management best practices, based on all five processes.
6) Showcases your skills to global employers: A PMP® credential is globally recognized and demanded (more than 450k PMP® certified professionals worldwide – source). So becoming a PMP® helps the project management world recognize your skills.
5) Displays your ability to handle challenging projects: The PMP® exam eligibility criteria are based on a project manager’s project management education and experience. A PMP® credential thus validates your skills and experience in successfully completing challenging and critical industry-based projects.
4) Brings you challenging projects: A PMP® credential increases your value as a project management professional and gives you the scope to lead, direct, and implement challenging projects.
3) Provides greater job opportunities: According to PricewaterhouseCoopers survey, 80% of high-performing projects use PMP® credentialed project managers and the 2010 PMI® Pulse of the Profession study found that organizations with more than 35% PMP certified project managers had better project performance. Thus, a PMP® Certification provides you greater job opportunities in the global project management scenario.
2) Expands your market reach: Attaining a PMP® Credential, you can reach out to potential employers from across the globe. You can be in contact with past PMP® certified professionals and aspiring PMP® aspirants through project management discussion boards and forums and thus increase your expertise with knowledge sharing and tips.
1) Increases your salary dramatically: According to the PMI® Project Management Salary Survey, Seventh Edition- Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential holders in the U.S. earned an average of 16% more (approximately US$14,500) than their non-credentialed peers in 2011. Plus, the statistics provided by simplyhired.com, a search engine for jobs, show that a PMP® project manager has the scope of earning six figures in the US.
Earn a PMP credential now and step ahead in your project management career.
PMP® Certification Training Videos
PMP is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
About the On-Demand Webinar
About the Webinar