Defined Roles and Responsibilities in PRINCE2®: PRINCE2® Certification Training
PRINCE2® is a principles-based project management methodology. PRINCE2® Certification is one of the most sought after certifications of project management. Anyone who wants to move ahead in career by attaining a PRINCE2® certification needs to understand the seven principles of PRINCE2® in depth. There are seven principles that define PRINCE2®. A project is considered to be PRINCE2® project if and only it follows the seven principles of PRINCE2®. Out of all seven principles, PRINCE2® has certain defined roles and responsibilities.
Seven Principles of PRINCE2®:
- Continued Business Justification
- Learn from Experience
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on Products
- Tailor to Suit the Business Environment
Defined Roles and Responsibilities
A PRINCE2® Project has defined agreed roles and responsibilities within an organization structure that engages the business, user and supplier stakeholder’s interests. A project is generally cross-functional; it might involve a mixture of full time and part-time resources as well. To attain success, projects needs to have an explicit project management team structure that consists of defined and agreed upon roles and responsibilities for the people who are involved in the project. Projects should also have a means for effective communication between the people involved.
Here is a video which talks about roles and responsibilities. Hope you find it beneficial.
The primary stakeholders those are common to all projects are mentioned as below.
- Business Sponsors: Business sponsors are primary stakeholders of projects. They endorse the objectives and ensure that the business investment provides value for money.
- Users: Users who use the products to enable them to gain the intended benefits.
- Suppliers: Suppliers who provide the resources and expertise required by the project. Suppliers may be internal or external to the organization where project is being performed.
To know more about the principles of PRINCE2®, you can explore our training courses on PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner. Simplilearn offers both self-paced online classroom training courses for PRINCE2® Certification exam prep.
About the On-Demand Webinar
About the Webinar