Are you a fresher who wants to start your career as a Flutter Developer? You need the right skills to achieve success in this competitive market. Getting the first job is the hardest, and the right first job can help you in your career more than you think. The first job helps you negotiate better pay and work in your next job.
Also, if you are a working professional as a Flutter developer, you should be enhancing your knowledge consistently to advance on the career ladder. As many say, your career is a marathon, not a sprint, so you should continue to advance to reach your dream position in a company. You will need to keep yourself updated with the changing trends and Flutter interview questions to keep you abreast of the latest developments.
Flutter developer salaries can vary a lot. As per Glassdoor, the average salary of a Flutter developer is Rs 25000 per month. But, as you move ahead and reach senior positions, you could be earning much more than an average developer. The right skills, contacts, and negotiation ability are some of the things you require to reach the top of the ladder.
Here in this blog, we bring top Flutter interview questions to help you crack the technical round of interviews to succeed as a Flutter developer. Although these Flutter interview questions are just a start, you need to continuously update your skills and knowledge to advance in your career.
Top Flutter Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is Flutter?
Flutter is a UI-based tool for creating mobile applications. You can use Flutter to create natively compiled mobile applications with a single programming language and a single codebase. Fast and beautiful mobile applications can be developed with the right skill sets to code in Flutter. Google developed the framework, and the code is open source. Flutter in itself is not a language, and it makes use of Dart language for coding.
Flutter can be used to code for both IOS and Android. The optimization is best suited for 2D mobile apps. The following features can be used to make the apps:-
- Storage access
- Camera access
- Third-Party SDKs
2 What are the advantages of using Flutter?
Flutter has various advantages to coding mobile apps:-
- Reduce the amount of code- Hot reload feature provided by Flutter helps in faster performance. The app is coded in C/C++ code to make it as close to machine code as possible for faster app development. The widget availability in Flutter reduces the time spent on coding and uses reusable code.
- Cross-Platform development- Flutter code can be used across platforms to reduce the effort on the development team's side.
- Live and Hot Reloading- It helps write the code faster and more easily. The code can be easily modified when a change is made.
- Works like a Native app- Flutter code is as close to machine code as possible. This reduces the errors due to the interpretation of code. The app works in a native environment, and the coded apps are fast and easy to use.
- Community- Flutter has a thriving community to help you with the questions you might have.
- Minimal Code- The Flutter app is coded using the Dart programming language. This increases the speed of development, and the UI is fast. Dart uses JIT and AOT compilation which is very fast.
- Faster documentation- It has fast and well-organized documentation. The central depository stores the documents for future reference.
- Customized designs- The customized layered architecture allows the designing of custom designs, faster rendering and expressive UIs.
3. What is the Flutter architecture?
Flutter has a three-layered architecture:-
- Upper Layer: The upper layer consists of the Dart programming language along with the widgets, animations, illustrations, customizations, etc.
- The middle layer or the Flutter Engine: This layer deals with text display, formatting, layout, etc.
- Bottom Layer or the built-in service: This layer is for managing plugins or packages.
4. What build modes are available in Flutter?
Flutter is made up of three build modes: -
- Debug Mode- This mode is for debugging apps on a device or a simulator.
- Profile Mode- Some debugging abilities are available, along with an analysis of app's performance in testing rounds.
- Release Mode- This mode is used when deploying the app. This mode is for faster performance. You cannot debug or edit the code in this mode.
5. What is the Dart programming language?
Dart is an object-oriented programming language with a syntax like the C Language. The language is open source and was developed by Google in 2011. The language was conceptualized to code the mobile app frontend. The app is used for coding frontend user interfaces. Flutter apps make use of the Dart programming language.
6. Is Dart language necessary for Flutter?
It is compulsory to know the Dart language to use Flutter. Flutter applications make use of the Dart language for coding mobile phone apps.
7. What are widgets in Flutter?
Flutter apps make use of widgets to code mobile phone applications. You will almost exclusively build on Flutter using widgets. Widgets define the view of the app. When you change the code, the widget code is automatically adjusted. Widgets are nested with each other to get the final design of the app. This means the widget is the base on which the app is coded.
8. What are the most useful editors for Flutter apps?
Flutter tools make use of plugins to code mobile phone apps. The plugins can help in Dart code compilation, analysis of the code, and development of apps. Some used Flutter tools for IDE development are
- Visual Studio
- Android Studio
- IntelliJ IDEA
9. What are packages and plugins in Flutter?
Similar types of classes, interfaces, and sub-packages are known as packages in Flutter or any other object-oriented language. The packages and plugins are used in development to reduce the coder's effort. The coder need not write the code for everything and can use packages and plugins to reduce the coding effort.
The distinction between packages and plugins is minute. Packages are new components or written code in Dart language. Plugins, on the other hand, use native code to allow more functionality. Sometimes the two terms are confused as the same, but a minute distinction exists.
10. Are there any popular apps which make use of Flutter?
There are many popular apps which use Flutter. Some of the apps are:-
- Google Ads
- Birch Finance
And many more. The use of Flutter in mobile applications is very high.
Master front-end and back-end technologies and advanced aspects in our Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. Unleash your career as an expert full stack developer. Get in touch with us NOW!
These Flutter interview questions can help you crack the interview and get your dream job. Make sure that you not only focus on the Flutter interview questions, but you should improve your knowledge about the subject matter to understand the changing trends and gather more information. You can also check out the Flutter courses to get you started on Flutter development. Check out Simplilearn’s Introduction to Flutter Course Online which can help you kickstart your career. This course can be a good starting point for an exciting Flutter developer career.
If you are looking to expand your career in the mobile app development domain, then do enroll in our Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Development which can be a great step in your career.
If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to post them in the comments below and our expert team will get back to you at the earliest.