YouTube is all about subscribers and one of the key metrics to measure success on YouTube is through the number of subscribers your channel has. More subscribers mean more views for your videos. Posting videos frequently has a big impact on your subscriber count because the more you post videos, the more people watch them. Hence, you get more engagements, likes, and shares.
However, getting subscribers on YouTube takes more than just posting videos. Here are some exciting tips and tricks on how to increase YouTube subscribers:
Tip #1: Create Engaging and Informative Content
If you want people to watch your video, you need to create content that is engaging and informative. Here are some ways in which you can create better content:
- Build your content around a specific audience.
- Ensure that you plan your video script ahead of time so that all the relevant points are covered and you don’t flood the viewers with unnecessary information. If you feel that there is too much information in one video, break it down into several videos.
- Viewers like it when you use a good example every once in a while. Use examples as much as you can and make sure that they are from high-quality sites.
- Add visuals to your content to make it more appealing
- Always start your videos with an interesting hook that will make people want to continue watching the rest of the video.
- Always use original content. If you use someone else’s content, your video will not be engaging enough, not to mention that you may end up alienating people
- Include cards, end screens, and other customizations to engage your audience
The next essential thing that you need to know to increase subscribers on YouTube is the frequency of your uploads.
Tip #2: Create and Publish Videos Frequently
There is no doubt that creating and publishing videos frequently helps to increase your subscribers. Conversely, if you haven’t published in a long time, people won’t want to subscribe to your channel.
According to Social Media Examiner, YouTube channels that publish more than once a week perform better than those who don’t. When someone subscribes to your channel, they get a notification in their email whenever you upload a new video. If someone gets an email notification once a week, it's more likely that they will engage with your video, especially if the content is original, engaging and informative.
To sum it up, if you publish more than one video a week, there are higher chances of gaining more subscribers, and you can get them faster if you use a fixed frequency strategy.
The next solution for how to get more subscribers on YouTube is once you are done with uploading your content, you also need to optimize them.
Tip #3: Optimize Your YouTube Videos
Optimizing your videos helps your content rank higher on YouTube. People who see your videos are likely to also interact with your content. To ensure that your videos reach the right audience, you can optimize a number of video elements such as the title, description, video and other meta tags.
According to Backlinko, “Using an exact keyword in your video title can help you with rankings”. Ultimately, higher ranking means more views and more subscribers.
When you write the description of your video, make sure that you provide all the necessary information such as keywords, timestamps, and links.
Timestamps help viewers to choose a section of the video they want to watch and jump right to it. Linking other relevant videos in the description gives a chance to showcase other videos and also keeps your content engaging.
Video tags help others to find your video. If you want to know more about how to optimize meta tags, you can watch this video here:
Some other ways in which you can optimize your channel are:
- Upload a captivating thumbnail
- Upload a transcript of the video
- Add a start screen and end screen to your YouTube videos - A start screen so that people know what your videos look like up front and an end screen which is not dark and non-descriptive
If you think, only optimizing your videos is enough for increasing subscribers on YouTube, you might need to reconsider it. It is also important that you optimize your YouTube channel. Here’s how to increase your Youtube subscribers by optimizing your YouTube channel.
Tip #4: Optimize Your YouTube Channel
In order to get more subscribers on YouTube, you need to optimize not just your videos but your channel as well. Here are some of the easiest ways to do this:
1. Create a YouTube Trailer
A trailer gives your audience a preview of what your channel has to offer. Through your trailer, you can give your audience an idea about:
- your brand
- the type of videos you post
- a taste of your future videos
- your release schedule
2. Design an Interesting Look For Your Channel
A YouTube channel can look interesting by using appropriate channel keywords, channel description, and channel art.
When you write a description for your channel, use keywords and keep the content short and interesting. According to Backlinko, “ YouTube SEO ranking factors study discovered that channel keywords have a small-yet-significant correlation with higher YouTube search rankings”. The first 100-150 characters of your channel description are very important as it is shown next to your channel on search results.
Include an appropriate call-to-action at the end of your description. Pick some channel art that is hip and cool but also relevant to your brand.
3. Include Sections and Playlists On Your Homepage
If you have a lot of videos, organize them into various sections and playlists and feature them on your homepage. You can also optimize these playlists by adding the right keywords, titles, and descriptions.
Tip #5: Create High-quality Videos
The next solution to increase subscribers on YouTube is high-quality videos! People don’t like to watch videos that have poor audio and video. If you have a professional video in place, people will take you seriously and engage with your videos. Following these simple steps can help you build your reputation as a professional.
- Make sure that you record your video in a quiet atmosphere with no ambient noise in the background.
- Use good recording equipment so that the audio is clear. Also, remember to watch the input volume meter while you are recording
- Set up a green background and use studio lights during recording.
- Record your videos in 1080p or higher. According to Backlinko, YouTube preferably ranks HD videos.
- Plan your video script ahead before filming so that you know what to say and get to all your relevant points.
- Use slow motion and jump cuts wisely to accentuate some parts of your video.
- Stabilize your video recordings with a tripod and shoot your videos horizontally. For wider shots, you can use a clip-on lens.
- Choose a good video editing software.
- Finally, review your work carefully before publishing.
Tip #6: Add a Subscriber Watermark to Your Videos
YouTube allows you to add a watermark to your videos. This is a great way to remind people to subscribe to your channel. A watermark can be a logo, brand name or a call-to-action.
Watch this video for the step-by-step process on how to create a watermark for your videos.
Tip #7: Engage with your audience
When you interact with your viewers, it gives them a sense of gratification. This leads to higher chances of people who would want to subscribe to your channel. This is the reason why engaging with your audience is very important to increase your YouTube subscribers. On the other hand, you can also try the following:
- If somebody took their time to watch your video, thank them at the end of the video and give them an idea about where to go for more information.
- Encourage your viewers to comment and give feedback about your video. According to Backlinko, “Video comments have a very strong correlation with rankings”.
- Learn from the criticism and incorporate these feedback into your video. You can always get new ideas from your viewers too and create new videos based on the comments.
- Rewarding excellent comments (both on and off YouTube) for their support also helps to improve engagements.
- Lastly, you don’t always have to do a pre-recorded video, live streaming is a good way to interact with your audience in real-time.
Tip #8: Promote Your Videos on Other Platforms
If you want your video to reach people outside YouTube, it’s a smart idea to promote your videos on other platforms.
1. Social Media
The first thing you can do is look at the platforms which you already use. Facebook and Instagram are good places to start but you can also leverage a lot of other platforms as well. When you post something on Facebook, include the link to your YouTube video along with it. Apply the same strategy with Twitter, Instagram, and other social media sites.
2. Forums and Blog Discussions
You can also participate in forums and blog discussions and include your YouTube link whenever it is relevant and natural to the discussion. Join high Q&A sites and post answers to the questions related to your video.
3. Link Building
Find relevant and authoritative websites that are relevant to your content and collaborate with them to produce backlinks. You can also opt for testimonial link building where someone provides a testimony by linking to your video. Collaborate with other YouTube channels as well - there are high chances that people are doing the same thing as you are.
4. Influencer Marketing
This is one of the fastest ways to increase subscribers on YouTube. Influencers have a loyal following which makes it easy to get their content across to a lot of people. If an influencer posts a video on your behalf, it will help you to get a lot of subscribers quickly.
5. Email marketing
Emails are also a great way to reach lots of people in one go. Take advantage of email marketing by adding your YouTube channel link in your email signature.
6. Other Ways to Promote Your Content
- Engage with people by posting your video links on relevant community pages
- Publish your video in reputable video directories
- Bookmark your videos on popular bookmarking sites (eg: stumbleupon.com)
- Embed videos in your blog posts
- Promote other related videos in your end screen
Different Types Of Content That Can Help You Increase Subscribers On Youtube
There are various types of content you can create on YouTube to increase your subscribers. Here are some examples:
1. Tutorials and How-to Videos
Share informative and instructional content that helps viewers learn new skills, solve problems, or achieve specific goals. These videos can attract subscribers who are actively seeking knowledge and practical guidance.
2. Product Reviews and Recommendations
Create videos where you review and recommend products, services, or experiences relevant to your niche. Honest and insightful reviews can help viewers make informed decisions and establish trust with your audience.
3. Entertaining and Humorous Content
Produce entertaining videos that make your audience laugh, smile, or feel entertained. Engaging and enjoyable content can go viral, attracting new viewers and subscribers who appreciate your sense of humor and entertainment value.
4. Vlogs and Behind-the-scenes Content
Share glimpses of your personal life, experiences, and behind-the-scenes footage related to your niche. Vlogs create a sense of authenticity and connection with your audience, fostering a loyal subscriber base.
5. Collaborations and Guest Interviews
Collaborate with other YouTubers or industry experts for interviews, discussions, or joint projects. Cross-promotion through collaborations exposes your channel to new audiences and can lead to mutual subscriber growth.
6. Educational and Explainer Videos
Create videos that educate and explain complex concepts, ideas, or topics related to your niche. Clear and concise explanations can position you as a knowledgeable authority, attracting subscribers who value your expertise.
7. Q&A Sessions and Live Streams
Interact directly with your audience through Q&A sessions or live streams. These formats allow you to engage in real-time conversations, answer viewer questions, and build a sense of community and connection with your subscribers.
8. Storytelling and Narrative Content
Share personal stories, experiences, or narratives that resonate with your audience. Compelling storytelling can captivate viewers, create emotional connections, and encourage them to subscribe for more engaging content.
9. Challenges and Experiments
Engage your audience by undertaking challenges, experiments, or trying out new activities related to your niche. These types of videos can be exciting and share-worthy, attracting subscribers who enjoy unique and adventurous content.
10. Educational Series or Courses
Develop a series of videos that form a comprehensive educational course or informative series. Providing valuable knowledge over multiple videos can keep viewers engaged and coming back for more, leading to increased subscribers.
Remember, the key is to create content that aligns with your niche, caters to your target audience's interests, and showcases your unique style and personality. Consistency and quality are essential factors in attracting and retaining subscribers on YouTube.
Importance Of Consistency In Creating And Publishing
Consistency in creating and publishing YouTube videos is crucial for several reasons.
- To begin with, it helps you build an audience by establishing a regular presence on the platform. When viewers know that you consistently upload videos at specific intervals, they are more likely to subscribe and engage with your content regularly.
- It sets expectations for your audience, leading to increased viewership, engagement, and loyalty. It also signals to YouTube's algorithm that you are an active and committed creator, resulting in higher visibility and better search rankings.
- Consistency helps you develop a recognizable brand identity and establish yourself as an authority in your niche, fostering credibility and expertise.
Moreover, it improves production efficiency and allows for community building and engagement with your audience. Overall, consistency in creating and publishing YouTube videos is vital for audience growth, algorithm visibility, brand recognition, and long-term success on the platform.
We hope this article on “how to increase YouTube subscribers” will help you reach your YouTube goals. In order to establish yourself as a professional on YouTube, you need to get a greater number of subscribers. The only way to do this is by producing good content and optimizing key areas. Simplilearn’s course on Digital Marketing enables you to make the best use of a video to promote your business on YouTube, and improve your digital amrketing skills. Explore and enroll now!