YouTube is a very popular platform and can be an effective marketing channel for businesses. With over 2 billion monthly active users, it provides a large potential audience for marketers. Additionally, video content on YouTube can be a powerful way to engage with and inform your target audience and build brand awareness and credibility. Here are some insightful YouTube marketing stats that will blow your mind.
Basic Facts About YouTube
Without a doubt, YouTube is the most widely used video platform out there. One of the main reasons YouTube's popularity has skyrocketed over the years is due to its simplicity. YouTube makes it incredibly simple for small businesses and content creators to share their work with a wide audience and subsequently generate income from it. Let's go over some key marketing statistics that will give you an idea of how to market your business and product on YouTube in light of the millions of channels that are available.
1. General YouTube Marketing Stats
- YouTube is a social media platform for sharing videos online.
- “Me in the Zoo”, was the first to be posted on the platform.
- By the end of that year, YouTube was averaging over 20 million daily active users and was hosting over two million videos on its website every day.
- Google purchased the firm for $1.65 billion in late 2006.
- "Baby Shark Dance," which has had 11 billion views on YouTube, is the most-watched video, followed by "Despacito," which has received 8 billion views.
- There are 1.7 billion unique monthly users on YouTube.
- Every minute, 694,000 hours of video get broadcasted on YouTube.
- Users visit the site an average of 62% every day, 92% once per week, and 98% once per month.
3. User Engagement YouTube Marketing Stats
- 70% of viewers claim that YouTube makes them more aware of new brands.
- More than 9 billion people have watched the most popular YouTube video.
- Daily views of YouTube Shorts are 15 billion.
- YouTube launched a $100 million Shorts Fund to entice Creators to experiment with producing short-form videos.
- Viewers claim that the likelihood that they will buy anything after seeing it on YouTube has doubled.
- By 2024, the number of YouTube users in the United States might reach 228.1 million.
- Every week, 92% of internet users watch some form of YouTube video.
- The most popular YouTube videos are music videos.
- YouTube is a thriving platform for gaming content, with 90 million people projected to watch sports there by 2025.
- YouTube figures show that 90% of the company's revenue comes from selling ads, and 10% comes from subscription services.
- YouTube made $19.77 billion in advertising income in 2020.
- YouTube generated $28.8 billion in revenue in 2021.
- YouTube's global advertising sales reached $7.07 billion in the third quarter of 2022.
- On YouTube, mobile users browse twice as many pages as desktop users.
- Mobile devices made up 21.2% of all YouTube traffic in 2021.
- More than 70% of YouTube watch time is on mobile devices.
- In the second quarter of 2021, 63% of YouTube viewing time was done on mobile devices globally.
- Following ZOOM, TikTok, and Disney+, YouTube was the most downloaded iOS app in 2020.
- Approximately 30,000 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every hour by artists.
- For every 1000 views, the majority of YouTube channels receive $0.5 in payment.
- YouTube pays $18 on average for every 1,000 ad views.
- YouTube has compensated partners using Content ID more than $2 billion in the last 5 years.
- Mr. Beast was the highest-paid YouTuber in 2021, earning an estimated $54 million in total.
8. Search YouTube Marketing Stats
- The second-largest search engine in the world is YouTube.
- Branded searches make up 52% of the top 100 queries.
- The vast majority of the top 100 global YouTube searches concern music.
- The top 5 global YouTube searches are: "BTS," "Pewdiepie," "ASMR," "Billie Eilish," and "Baby Shark."
- For 10% of marketers, display advertising is the most effective YouTube ad marketing tactic.
- 80% of American marketers are certain that YouTube videos work as conversions
- After viewing a brand on YouTube, 84% of viewers made a purchase.
- YouTube advertisements brought in $6.01 billion in the first quarter of 2021.
- On average, YouTube earns between $0.05 and $0.10 from each view.
- The typical CPC for Google AdSense and YouTube advertising campaigns is $2.
- YouTube's largest advertising audience is men between the ages of 25 and 34.
- 72% of respondents between the ages of 18 and 34 used their smartphones on a weekly basis to consume online video material in December 2021.
- Leading countries based on YouTube audience size are from US, India, Japan, and Indonesia.
- More than 500 hours of videos are posted to YouTube every minute.
- Since March 2020, YouTube videos with variations of "beginner" in the title have received more than 7 billion views.
- YouTube has video content available in 80 different languages.
- Comedy, music, entertainment/pop culture, and "how-to" are the top 4 content categories that YouTube subscribers watch.
- On YouTube, more than one billion hours of video are watched each day.
- B2B marketers identify YouTube as the fourth-most valuable social media tool.
- About 55% of marketers utilise YouTube.
- As of 2020, YouTube was the fifth most popular social media channel for marketers, after Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- When compared to firms that don't use video marketing, revenue growth for the former is 49% faster.
- The launch of YouTube took place on February 14, 2005.
- In 2006, Google paid $1.65 billion to acquire YouTube.
- "Me at the zoo," the first video, was uploaded in April 2005.
- Video advertising on YouTube was first launched in December 2007.
- B2C and B2B marketers employ YouTube video advertisements in 51% of cases.
- YouTube and AdSense pay between $1 and $20 to creators with 5,000 monthly views.
- Earnings from AdSense and YouTube with a million monthly views could range from $250 to $4,000.
- India, Indonesia, and the United States are the top three countries from which YouTube receives visitors.
- YouTube is a medium that more and more companies utilise to post video content.
- Since March 2020, the average daily views of films geared toward beginners have climbed by more than 50%.
- TrueView advertising increases the likelihood of viewers engaging with a company on YouTube by ten times.
- 2.56 billion users could potentially see YouTube advertisements.
- The majority of Fortune 500 CEOs watch web videos.
- According to 78% of baby boomers, who also choose YouTube as their favorite learning channel, they still have a lot to learn.
- T-Series, which has more than 200 million followers, is the most-watched YouTube channel. The next most popular YouTube channels are YouTube Movies, SET India, Music, and Cocomelon - Nursery Rhymes.
- For the same price as Spotify, YouTube Premium combines music streaming with no video advertisements. In 2022, it had 80 million subscribers.
- 250,000 subscribers have been reached by more than 65,000 YouTube channels.
17. Video Statistics
- By 2022, 82% of consumer traffic will consist of video.
- 4,680 brands sponsored 8,964 videos that were directly uploaded to brand partners' channels and pages on Facebook and YouTube between September 16 and 22, 2018.
- 92% of the motivation behind promotional YouTube videos comes from influencers.
- 46% of B2B technology buyers will purchase a product or service after watching video content.
Top 10 YouTube Channels Revenue in 2023
The top ten YouTube Channels’ Revenue in 2023 is as follows:
Rhett and Link
Top 5 YouTube Celebrities in 2023
The top 5 YouTube Celebrities and content creators in 2023 are
- Cocomelon- Nursery Rhymes
- SET India
- Felix Arvid ULF KJelberg (PewDiePie)
- Jimmy Donaldson (Mr. Beast)
Upskill Yourself to Embark on a Career in Digital Marketing
Digital is reshaping the future of workplaces in multiple ways, setting the stage for disruptive changes. As the digital marketing landscape continues to transform at a rapid pace, it is becoming increasingly vital for digital marketers to consistently improve their skills to keep up with business demands.
Get ready to take your career to new heights with our PG Program in Digital Marketing Program. This comprehensive program, brought to you by two educational leaders, will equip you with the latest digital marketing skills and strategies to drive success for your business.
Whether you're a marketer looking to stay ahead of the curve, a business owner looking to boost your online presence, or a professional seeking to expand your skill set, this program is for you. With a blend of cutting-edge online learning and practical, real-world experience, you'll develop a deep understanding of the digital marketing landscape and the ability to apply what you learn to your day-to-day work.
So why wait? Sign up for the IMT Ghaziabad Digital Marketing Program by Simplilearn today and prepare to revolutionize your career!
1. Who is YouTube's biggest audience?
According to YouTube's audience size as of 2022, the top three nations were the US, Japan, and India. According to the report, Gen Z uses YouTube to unwind or to read product evaluations and how-to videos.
2. What content sells most on YouTube?
The top 3 video content types are as follows:
- Product Review Videos
- How-to Videos
3. What is the most popular content on YouTube in 2022?
Due to the nearly limitless replay value of both music videos and kid-friendly content, these categories of content continue to dominate lists of most-watched videos ever.
4. Which is the fastest-growing content on YouTube?
The fastest-growing YouTube category globally in 2020 was movies and TV, with a year-over-year membership gain of 279.5 percent. Pets were in third place with 178 percent, followed by entertainment (180.6%).