Blockchain is a technology that is revolutionizing the cryptocurrency industry and transforming how transactions are carried out on a day-to-day basis. What distinguishes the blockchain technology are characteristics, such as high security, reliability, and traceability. A career in blockchain makes for an exciting choice, and a course, such as Blockchain Bootcamp powered by UMN and Simplilearn can cater to working professionals and new graduates alike in ways that help build essential skills, knowledge, and offer hands-on experience crucial to becoming a successful blockchain professional.
One of the primary reasons why a career in blockchain is one of the best decisions worth making in recent times is that job prospects in this field are growing rapidly. Organizations are keen on implementing blockchain technologies, and this creates great demand for skilled professionals to help these organizations achieve this goal. What’s even more lucrative for working professionals who aim to specialize in blockchain is that it opens doors to senior roles, allowing these professionals to make important decisions that can reshape the organization and the way it functions. However, the success of a candidate aspiring to become a blockchain professional is greatly dependent on their skills and knowledge. Well-planned courses like Blockchain Bootcamp powered by UMN and Simplilearn can help fulfill this criterion and take candidates closer to their career goals. Here’s everything about this course.
What Is This Program About?
This acclaimed Blockchain Bootcamp certification program powered by UMN and Simplilearn has been designed for working professionals to cover every aspect pertaining to building a blockchain solution right from the basics. The program equips candidates with skills and knowledge required for using the latest and the best tools and techniques in the industry. It aims to provide individuals with hands-on practical skills supplementing theoretical knowledge and case studies.
The curriculum consists of a mix of self-paced online videos, hands-on projects, live virtual classes, and integrated labs. In addition to this, several mentorship sessions are conducted for a highly-engaging learning experience. Individuals learn about different technologies, from Multichain, Truffle, Hyperledger, to Bitcoin, Solidity, and Ethereum to help them build a successful career in blockchain.
The blockchain bootcamp powered by UMN and Simplilearn is ideal for graduates and working professionals with a passion for blockchain, from diverse backgrounds. When considering enrolling for this course, candidates should possess fundamental mathematical skills, a basic understanding of programming, and preferably with over 2 years of work experience.
The online blockchain bootcamp is divided into two modules that cover various concepts and topics that help candidates have a thriving career in the field. Following are the two modules and concepts that form a part of the program-
Fundamentals of Blockchain
- This module covers all theoretical aspects, starting right from the basics of blockchain. It will acquaint the individual with the challenges that modern businesses face, how blockchain can help, what exactly blockchain is, its types, and the building blocks of blockchain.
- The module goes on to help candidates gain an understanding of the blockchain pillars, the specifics of bitcoin blockchain, which is the most fundamental concept essential to becoming a professional in the field. The module includes detailed study of different aspects of bitcoin blockchain, such as its wallets, scripts, network, mining bitcoin, common bitcoin attacks, and much more.
- The next important concept that the course includes is an introduction to Ethereum blockchain, its wallets, its networks, and the Truffle framework, among others. The course also familiarizes individuals with different types of Hyperledger while focusing on the significance of each aspect of the blockchain concepts.
Blockchain Application and Architecture
- This module of the blockchain bootcamp training course is all about the application of blockchain, which provides individuals with the practical knowledge required to execute the blockchain operations. The course also includes a capstone project, which offers candidates an opportunity to execute a complete project that helps them make a smooth transition from the learning phase to the professional world.
The blockchain bootcamp also offers the following benefits in addition to a well-planned, detailed curriculum.
- Each candidate earns a certificate from Carlson School of Management, UMN after successful completion of the course.
- Candidates get access to Simplilearn’s Career Service, which helps new graduates in getting hired by some of the top companies in the industry.
- Getting an admission into the course comes with a membership to the University of Minnesota Alumni Association.
- There are over 60 demos for different blockchain concepts, an immersive curriculum planned by experts from the industry, and access to integrated labs.
Tools Covered In the Bootcamp
Blockchain skills are highly dependent on the tools that a professional is capable of using to execute different projects based on the client’s or organization’s needs. Keeping this in mind, the blockchain bootcamp training course covers a range of latest popular tools, which are as follows-
- Hyperledger Fabric
- Hyperledger Sawtooth
- Hyperledger Burrow
- Hyperledger Indy
- Truffle Suite
- R3 Corda
About Carlson School of Management and University of Minnesota
The Carlson School of Management was established in 1919 and has become a well-established educational hub for the blockchain community all around the world. Ranking at 3rd number among public schools in the US in management as per the Global Ranking of Academic Subjects by ShanghaiRanking (2021), it has garnered great international recognition. The Carlson School has kept pace with recent innovations and new ideas over the years, offering impressive opportunities and career prospects for MBA students.
Blockchain technology is global, so no matter where an individual is from and where they plan to work, it offers plenty of opportunities. What’s more is that pursuing a course in blockchain is more about elevating your existing career and making progress rather than setting a new foundation and starting from scratch. And courses, such as Blockchain Bootcamp powered by UMN and Simplilearn are designed to supplement an individual’s current knowledge and skills and build up on them. And with the right course, you can take a definitive path in your career that not only transforms how an organization functions and offers services, but also takes you to new heights.