Simplilearn presented a program preview of its Post Graduate Program in Data Engineering. This certification program is delivered in partnership with Purdue University. It provides learners with a comprehensive set of data engineering skills for the era of big data and machine learning.
Big Data Requires Data Engineering
Data engineers build and maintain data structures and architectures for data ingestion, processing, and deployment for large-scale, data-intensive applications. Artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced analytics all depend on data engineering. The advent of the Internet of Things and the widespread push for digital transformation mean more data than ever to collect and process.
Reflecting this rapid growth in data-intensive applications, the demand for data engineering professionals is growing at a 50% annual rate. There are currently 2.7 million data-related jobs worldwide as of 2021.
Because of this demand, the average US salary for Data Engineers is $129,000, with some positions offering $195,000 or more. Roles such as Data Warehouse Engineer, Data Engineer, and Big Data Lead Engineer require a combination of complementary skills, including:
- Real-Time Data Processing
- Data Pipelining
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Provisioning data storage services
- Apache Hadoop
- Ingesting Streaming and Batch Data
- Transforming Data
- Implementing Security Requirements
- Data Protection
- Encryption Techniques
- Data Governance and Compliance Controls
Partners in the Professional Certificate Program In Data Engineering
Along with our partnership with Purdue University, Simplilearn's Professional Certificate Program In Data Engineering is powered by a collaboration with IBM.
The program includes 180+ hours of live online classes by industry experts, providing 8X higher live interaction than other learning formats. The curriculum is aligned with Microsoft Azure (DP-200), AWS (DAS-C01), and Cloudera (CCA175) certifications. Learners will complete the program with an industry-aligned Capstone Project selected from one of three industry domains: banking/financial services/insurance (BFSI), eCommerce, and entertainment. The program includes masterclasses from Purdue faculty and IBM industry experts, interactive peer learning, and group projects and discussions.
Upon completing the program, learners will receive both a Purdue Post Graduate Program Certification and a Simplilearn Post Graduate Program Certificate. Program completion also earns membership in the Purdue Alumni Association for ongoing access to Purdue University alumni services.
Purdue University has a 151-year history. It consistently ranks as one of the United States' top public universities and is recognized globally. The Purdue University name is a prestigious enhancement to your CV.
The PG Program in Data Engineering comprises this core curriculum:
- Big Data for Data Engineering
- SQL Training
- Big Data Hadoop and Spark Developer
- AWS Technical Essentials
- Big Data on AWS
- Azure Fundamentals
- Azure Data Engineer
- Data Engineering Capstone Project
The learners may elect to take any or all of the following electives (at no additional cost):
- Python for Data Science
- PySpark Training
- Apache Kafka
- MongoDB Developer and Administrator
- GCP Fundamentals
- Java Training
- Academic Master Class with Purdue Faculty
Program graduates will be able to:
- Improve business productivity by processing Big Data on platforms that can handle its volume, velocity, variety, and veracity
- Get an understanding of the Scala language, tooling, and development
- Master the various components of the Hadoop ecosystem
- Identify AWS concepts, terminologies, benefits, and deployment options
- Implement data storage solutions
- Use Azure tools to manage and develop data processing and data solutions
- Apply the knowledge, skills, and capabilities gathered throughout the program to build an industry-ready product
The Post Graduate Program is an extended digital bootcamp. The digital bootcamp is a highly effective format for quickly learning the right skills for today's top data engineering roles. The main features of the format are:
- Live Sessions Delivered by Leading Experts
- Job-Ready Training via Skills-Based Learning
- Applied Learning via Case Studies & Projects
- Cohort Learning with Peer Collaboration
- 24/7 Learning Support
Find Out More
Simplilearn offers several resources to help you find out more about the Professional Certificate Program In Data Engineering.
The PG Program page on Simplilearn's website will give you a summary of the curriculum, faculty profiles, examples of projects, and enrollment instructions. Through the webpage, you can live chat with a Learning Consultant to have your questions answered.
If you prefer, you can reach Simplilearn's Learning Consultants by email at email@example.com. You can receive answers to your questions via email or telephone.