By now, you’ve likely heard of ‘creators’ and their role in everything from recording podcasts to making videos about video games. In marketing, we call this talent ‘digital creators,’ of which there are more than 165 million worldwide across the creator economy.
Digital creators are responsible for creating professional, high-quality content that can be used across marketing channels, including websites, social media, and paid advertising. If you work in marketing, this may be an attractive option as new workplace policies and inflation continue to impact digital marketing.
But what are the actual benefits of digital creators, and how can you harness those to effectively move your marketing forward?
In this article, we’re going to answer those questions with information like:
- What is a digital creator? (And how it’s different from an influencer)
- The types of content digital creators make
- The benefits of digital creators in marketing
- How you can leverage those benefits for your brand success
By the end, you’ll have an idea of whether digital content creators are right for you, and how you can get started building relationships with them.
What is a Digital Creator?
Digital creators are individuals who create content for digital consumption. While some digital creators build careers from this work, the majority have full-time jobs and choose to create on the side. Creators in the digital space are often recruited by brands to craft content around their products and services.
It can be hard to decipher what makes a creator different from an influencer, but it all comes down to the intent of what they’re doing. For example, a creator creates content for educational or informational purposes. Influencers, on the other hand, influence their followers for transactional purposes. That is, they promote the products and services they want their followers to buy.
What Types of Content Do Digital Creators Make?
Digital creators make a variety of online content, including blogs posts, videos, podcasts, case studies, and infographics. Typically, these types of content are shared across the digital world, from brand websites to social media accounts and even paid advertising.
What are the Benefits of Digital Creators in Marketing?
For those of you working in digital marketing, there are several benefits to collaborating with creators, such as:
- Professional, high-quality content – Digital creators specialize in creating content that stands out from much of the messaging you’ll find online. You’ll get a piece of original content that makes your brand look good in front of your audience.
- Unique style and perspective – One of the greatest benefits of collaborating with creators is you get to leverage their unique voice and style for your brand, something that’s hard to achieve with AI writing tools. If you love the way a creator writes or designs, or even speaks, and it aligns with your brand values — then this could be a big win.
- Create without strings attached – Working with digital creators means you can get a piece of content finished without having to hire a contractor or retain a freelancer, a potential financial savings for your business. If you like working with the creator, it could be a good resource as you need additional content.
- Move your brand forward – When you put high-quality content in front of your audience, you can build confidence in your brand along with authority and expertise that helps people want to do business with you.
Reimagine digital marketing strategies to boost engagement with our UMass Amherst Digital Marketing bootcamp. Sign-up today!
How to Leverage These Benefits for Your Benefit
Now that you understand what digital creators do — and how it can benefit you — you may be wondering how to put this in place for your own business.
First, you need to determine if you have the budget to outsource the work, and second, what your goals are for developing content. Once you know the answers, you can begin the outreach process knowing your needs and guidelines, so the content you receive is exactly what you need.
From there, you can consider which marketing channels are best served by your new, amazing digital content!
Explore digital marketing upskilling options with Simplilearn to see how you can boost your career today!