UFT is known as Unified Functional Testing, which was formerly known as Quick Test Professional. It provides functional and regression test automation for specific software applications and environments. This is considered one of the pertinent testing methods if you want to become a programmer or Software Engineer. Look at the following UFT interview Questions and prepare to crack your interview without hassle.
Top 30 UFT Interview Questions and Answers for 2022
1. State the environment supported by HP UFT?
UFT supports the following environments- Delphi, Java, .Net, Oracle, Active X, PeopleSoft, PowerBuilder, SAP, and Siebel. Stingray, Visual Basic, Visual Age, Web, and Web Services.
2. Define Action Split and its purpose in UFT.
Action Split is considered to divide an already ongoing or existing action into two parts. It divides the activities focused on the functionality to improve code re-use.
3. How can we call from one action to another action?
There are two ways to do that-
- Call to Copy of Action: In this one, the Action Object Repository, Datable, and Script will be copied to the respective destination Test Script.
- Call to Existing Action: Here, the Object Repository, Script, and Datable can’t and will not be copied. However, a reference would be made to the specific action in the source script.
4. What is the type of Object Repository that UFT supports?
UFT supports two types of Object Repositories-
- Shared Object Repository
- Per-Action Object Repository
5. Identify the types of recording modes in UFT.
There are three types of recording modes in UFT. Those are-
- Normal mode
- Low-level recording mode
- Analog mode
6. Define when we should use Normal Mode.
Normal mode is also known as Contextual. It is known as the default recording mode and acquires the full benefit of UTF’s Test Object Model. It is able to recognize the objects by not even considering their position on-screen. One should prefer this recording mode as it is also used for most automation activities.
7. How do you define the use of Low-Level Recording Mode?
The Low-Level Recording Mode is able to record the apt x and y coordinates of the mouse operations. This mode is most helpful while testing the hashmaps. One can easily record objects that aren’t recognized by the standard method of UFT.
8. State the use of Analog Mode.
Analog Mode can record the movements of the mouse and keyboard used in relation to your monitor Windsor. This mode is most helpful in using features like drawing, recording the signature, and dragging and dropping the operations.
9. Define the logical name of the object.
The logical name is known as the name shared by UFT. It is shared while curating an object in the repository. This is done to identify it from other objects in the given application uniquely. The UFT should use the following name to track the object name in the specific script along with its corresponding or alternative details in the object repository.
10. State the properties you should use while identifying a page and browser using descriptive programming.
To do the same, one can use the name property. For Example- Browser(“name:=” xxx””).page(“name:=”xxxx””)…..
Or one can also use the property known as “micClass”. For example- Browser(“micClass:=browser”).page(“micClass:=page”)…
11. Is it possible to record the application while it runs on the remote machine using UFT?
Yes, It is possible to record remote applications. However, this can happen only if you access the application via a local browser and do the same through a remote like Citrix. However, if it is still impossible for you to record, installing UFT/QTP and application on the existing machine is suggestable.
12. Define Object Spy?
Object Spy determines the run and the test time object properties. It is also used to identify the methods of the application under test.
13. How do you use Object Spy?
One can easily use the Object Spy directly from the given toolbar or the Object Repository Dialog Box. Object Spy is known to be very effective during Descriptive Programming.
14. Define the file extension of the code file of UFT.
The Code File Extension is defined as a script. mts
15. How do you define Step Generator?
Step Generator is used to enable the Add Test Steps in the script. One can easily add steps to the following script without recording it by simply using Step Generator.
16. Define Test Fusion Report.
Test Fusion Report highlights all the aspects/factors of a test run. This is precisely organized in a Tree Format. This Report gives details of every step executed for the iterations. It also provides a Run-time data table, Screen Shots, and the video of the test run.
17. Define the types of Environment Variables in UFT.
One can define three types of Environment Variables in UFT-
- Built-In (Read Only)
- User-Defined Internal (Read Only)
- User-Defined External (Read/Write)
18. Define Keyword View in UFT/QTP.
Keyword View is considered an icon-based view. It shows the test steps in the given tabular format. It is used to generate documentation for the test steps automatically.
19. How do you define Expert View in UFT/QTP?
Expert View offers the corresponding VB Script Statement. This is provided for every test step in the Keyword View.
20. State the different types of Test Automation Frameworks.
Here are the type of Automation Frameworks-
- Linear Scripting (For Record & Playback)
- The Test Library Architecture Framework
- The Data-Driven Testing Framework
- The Table-Driven Testing Framework
21. How can we check a web application for broken links with UFT?
One can use the Page Checkpoint to give the count of valid/invalid links on the page.
22. State the drawbacks of QTP/UFT.
The main Drawbacks of QTP/UFT are-
- Several Tests in UFT can consume lots of memory. The chances are it can increase CPU utilization too.
- The UFT usually stores results in an HTML file, due to which the result folder sometimes becomes big.
23. How can we declare a variable in UFT?
One can declare it using a DIM Keyword. It’s easy to assign the value to the variable by using SET Keyword.
24. Define GetRoProperty.
It is a standard method to fetch property values of a run-time object.
25. Define SetToProperty.
SetToProperty helps change the property of an object stored in the Object Repository.
26. State the standard time delay for web-based application UFT/QTP.
The standard delay is 60 seconds which can be changed in Test Settings.
27. How do you define the Extension for a function library?
The Extension for the same is.QFL.
28. How can one create a TSR file in UFT?
TSR, also known as Test Shared Repository, is curated to share object repository.
If one wants to create TSR File, they can follow the following steps-
- Open the object repository.
- Visit the file menu
- Go to the export local objects option and select it.
29. Define Round Function in UFT.
This function is used to round the decimal in UFT.
30. State how we can export the data table to excel in UFT.
One can state two methods to do the same-
- DataTable.Export (“C:\export.xls”)
- ExportSheet “C:\mysheet.xls” ( If the excel file does not exist, a new file is created)
Looking to accelerate your career as a skilled Full Stack Web Developer? Leverage Caltech CTME's academic excellence in a unique bootcamp-style Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. Enroll Now!
If you’re someone who wants to head into the world of Programming, then learning is something that has to stay constant. Understand UFT in a better way by having a look at these uft interview questions. You can also sharpen up your skills by learning courses such as Simplilearn’s Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. This course, designed in collaboration with Caltech CTME can give you access to the relevant skills and make you job ready in no time.
If you have any queries or doubts, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Our team will get in touch with you at the earliest.