Accenture collaborates with over 91 of the Fortune-100 global companies on various projects. It seeks the best candidates who can match their optimal requirements and abide by the core values. Consequently, the company sets a fairly challenging Accenture interview process to skim the top candidates from the enormous number of applicants. There are about 22574 job openings in Accenture at a time. Still, the acceptance rates are slim, and only with consistent practice and a well-crafted preparation strategy can the Accenture interview questions be cracked.
Established in 1989, Accenture started its journey with the name Andersen Consulting. Today it is one of the top IT firms in India and a global leader in management consulting, technology services, and outsourcing.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, it spans more than 200 cities in 50+ countries worldwide. It operates widely in five main domains:
- Media and Technology
- Health and Public Services
- Financial Services
- Products and Resources
Accenture efficiently utilizes its industry knowledge and technical capabilities, finding the latest business and technology trends and developing robust solutions to assist clients in increasing revenues. It collaborates with 91 Fortune-100 global companies and has secured its position on Fortune's "World's Most Admired Companies" list 19 consecutive times.
Also Read: Flipkart Interview Questions for Freshers and Experienced Candidates
Accenture Core Values
- Client value creation: Allow clients to become top performers and establish long-term relationships by being relevant and responsive while consistently delivering value.
- One global network: Leverage global insight, collaboration, and learning to provide exceptional service to clients in their business ventures.
- Respect for the Individual: Value unique contributions, foster an open and trustworthy environment, and treat all in a manner that reflects the company's values.
- Best people: Attract and retain the best talent, bringing newer challenges to enrich employees' knowledge while fostering a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Integrity: Being honest and inspiring trust by keeping the word and taking complete responsibility for actions.
- Stewardship: Fulfill the obligation of strengthening the company for future generations, meeting the commitment to stakeholders, and helping communities and the global environment improve.
Accenture Recruitment Process
Eligible candidates can apply on the Accenture career portal for job openings that match their skills, experience, and aspirations. They can also apply on LinkedIn or any other third-party job portals. All applicants must fulfill the following academic criteria to apply for an Accenture interview:
- A relevant graduate degree with a minimum aggregate of 65%
- No active backlog
- Not more than one year of education gap
The Accenture interview process comprises the following three rounds:
Round 1 - Online Assessment Test
The first round conducted online serves as an eliminator round. The timed-tests aim to assess an applicant's cognitive function and key abilities via questions based on quantitative aptitude, verbal ability, and logical reasoning.
Round 2 - Technical Interview
The onsite technical interview focuses on evaluating the coding and problem-solving skills of the candidate. The Accenture interview questions gauge a candidate’s knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and other CS concepts like OS, DBMS, and CN. Experienced candidates might have to appear for two or more technical interview rounds. Want to ace this round? Read our article on coding interview questions.
Round 3 - HR Interview
The final round determines a candidate's personality and other related aspects. The questions explore a candidate's qualifications, experience, strengths & weaknesses, salary expectations, and more to decide whether they are the right fit for the company.
Want to know more about HR interview questions? Check out our article on top HR interview questions and answers!
50+ Accenture Coding Questions: Freshers and Experienced
- What is a "static" keyword in Java?
- Can you implement multiple interfaces in a Java class?
- Explain the significance of the "super" and "this" keywords in Java?
- What is runtime polymorphism? How is it achieved in Java?
- What is the difference between array and ArrayList in Java?
- What do you understand about the "Diamond problem" in Java?
- State important differences between C, C++, and Java.
- What is the significance of lambda expressions in Java?
- Distinguish between "var++" and "++var".
- What is the procedure of memory allocation in C?
- What is the use of the getch() function in a C++ program? How is it different from the getche() function?
- Explain the role of the Friend function in C++.
- What do you understand about normalization in a database?
- State important differences between the primary and unique keys in SQL.
- What are pandas in Python?
- What is the role of a classifier in Python?
- How is a dictionary different from a tuple in Python?
- Explain the map() function in Python.
- What is XML?
- How would you generate a Fibonacci series in a C++ program?
- For a given array, write a program to print k largest elements. The elements in the array can be in any order.If the array is [1, 23, 17, 9, 32, 2, 50] and you are required to print the largest three elements, i.e., k = 3, then the result will be 50, 32, and 23.
- What are classes and objects in C++?
- For a given array of integers, write a program that returns true when there is a triplet (a, b, c) satisfying the condition: a2 + b2 = c2.
- What do you understand about operator overloading?
- Explain the process of memory deallocation in C++.
- How is a constructor different from a destructor?
- Explain virtual inheritance.
- What functions would you use for dynamic memory allocation in C?
- What is the role of a pointer in C?
- Why is the Java language platform independent?
- What is an auto keyword in C?
- What do you understand about Exception Handling?
- Distinguish between a checked and an unchecked exception.
- Why do exceptions occur?
- What is the OOP concept?
- Explain the top features of OOPs.
- Explain the term encapsulation in Java.
- What is recursion? What do you understand about the recursive function in Java?
- What is runtime polymorphism?
- State prominent differences between method overloading and method overriding.
- Explain inheritance and how it can be achieved in Java.
- Can you use multiple inheritances in Java? Explain.
- How would you access a private member of a class?
- Explain the term collection framework in Java.
- What do you understand about a list interface in collections?
- Distinguish between CHAR and VARCHAR2.
- What is the difference between DELETE and TRUNCATE commands in SQL?
- When would you use a DML command in DBMS?
- What are the major perks of using DBMS?
- How is "Hot Backup" different from "Cold Backup" in a database?
- What do the ON DELETE CASCADE options do?
- What is the significance of AVL trees?
Accenture Interview Preparation Tips
Whether you are a fresh graduate or an experienced professional, the following tips will help you prepare well for your upcoming Accenture interview:
- Practice consistently: Regularly practice coding questions and brush up on fundamental data structure and algorithm concepts to be confident on the interview day.
- Boost Math skills: Helps you develop an improved ability to think analytically and become a better coder.
- Learn to negotiate: Acknowledge and stay confident in your professional abilities. Share your accomplishments, and whenever you have the opportunity negotiate your concerns.
- Improve your problem-solving skills: Consistently solve questions to transform your understanding and approach to any given problem.
- Take up mock interviews: Practice with peers or hiring managers to gain experience. Prepare answers to the most anticipated Accenture interview questions.
Become an expert in cloud computing with our in-depth Post-Graduate Program in Cloud Computing. Enroll today for the next cohort!
Caltech Certification | Capstone Projects | 30 CEUs from Caltech CTME
Become a Cloud Computing Expert
Our exclusive PGP in Cloud Computing is curated in association with Caltech CTME and helps you become an expert in Azure, AWS, adn GCP. Take the first step towards your dream career and sign-up today for the program!
These 50+ Accenture interview questions give you an insight into your next interview and the sure-shot tips will help in interview preparation. Grab the in-demand skills in data extraction and analysis, programming languages, SQL queries, and more on Simplilearn to develop a strong foundation and outperform the competition. Wait no more. Enroll and become an expert now.