All inspired to pursue learning for your foundation certification in ITIL - it's the key certification in IT Service Management. Checkout Simplilearn's ITIL 4 Foundation training.
ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is a framework that provides best practices for IT service management. There are numerous benefits to obtaining an ITIL® certification, including improved efficiency and productivity in IT operations, enhanced customer satisfaction, and reduced costs.
ITIL® certified professionals are in high demand in today’s job market, and the certification can give you a competitive edge when applying for positions. That's why it is used by organizations worldwide to improve the quality of their IT services. ITIL® certification demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of the ITIL® framework.
There are three levels of ITIL® certification: Foundation, Intermediate, and Expert.
- Foundation level is the entry-level certification prerequisite for the Intermediate and Expert levels.
- Intermediate level consists of five modules
- Expert level comprises the remaining two.
The ITIL Foundation is a certification demonstrating an individual's understanding of the ITIL framework. The ITIL framework is a set of best practices for managing IT services, and the Foundation certification is the entry-level certification in the ITIL scheme. To earn the Foundation certification, candidates must pass an examination covering the ITIL framework's core concepts.
ITIL consists of five core components: service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation, and continual service improvement.
- Service strategy provides an overall framework for service management, including developing service policies, processes, and practices.
- Service design covers the design and implementation of IT services.
- Service transition focuses on the planning and execution of service changes.
- Service operation manages the day-to-day process of IT services.
- Continual service improvement monitors and improves the performance of IT services.
ITIL 4 Managing Professional
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional certification (ITIL MP) is a stream of four modules:
- ITIL 4 Foundation
- ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support
- ITIL 4 Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Advance Security Management
The ITIL MP stream is designed for those who want to progress their career in ITIL management and lead or direct teams responsible for the end-to-end ITIL service lifecycle. The four modules cover vital aspects of ITIL management, including service strategy, design, transition, operation, and continual improvement.
- The ITIL 4 Foundation module is the entry-level module and provides an overview of the ITIL 4 framework.
- The ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support module covers the key processes and activities involved in service creation, delivery and support.
- The ITIL 4 Drive Stakeholder Value module focuses on value management throughout the service lifecycle.
- The ITIL 4 Advance Security Management module covers the principles and practices of security management in an ITIL context.
ITIL 4 Strategic Leader
The ITIL4 Strategic Leader certification (ITIL SL) is a stream of two modules:
- ITIL4 Foundation
- ITIL4 Strategic Leader
The ITIL4 Foundation module provides an overview of the ITIL4 framework and its key concepts.
- And on the other hand, the ITIL4 Strategic Leader module builds on this foundation, providing insights into how ITIL4 can support and drive a business strategy.
The ITIL4 Strategic Leader certification is designed for senior IT professionals responsible for driving strategic change within their organizations. The certificate will give you the knowledge and skills to create and implement an ITIL4-based strategy that aligns with business goals and objectives.
ITIL Master Certificate: IT Service Management
An ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management demonstrates a deep understanding of the ITIL framework and how the ITIL Master Certificate can be used to improve IT service delivery. This certification is the highest level of accreditation offered by ITIL and is aimed at IT professionals with significant experience working with ITIL.
To earn an ITIL Master Certificate, candidates must complete an accredited ITIL Foundation course and pass an examination. After passing the examination, candidates must submit a portfolio demonstrating their practical application of ITIL concepts.
There are numerous benefits to becoming CompTIA certified.
- CompTIA certifications are recognized and respected by employers worldwide as the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications.
- Certification demonstrates your commitment to your career and gives you the skills and knowledge to be a successful IT professional.
- CompTIA offers a variety of certification exams covering everything from entry-level IT support to advanced cybersecurity.
- In addition, CompTIA certifications are portable, meaning they are not tied to any specific vendor or technology. This benefit makes them ideal for IT professionals who want to maintain their skills and knowledge as technology evolves.
Becoming CompTIA certified is a significant first step to starting or advancing your IT career. With a CompTIA certification, you can demonstrate your commitment to your career and give yourself the skills and knowledge you need to be successful.
CompTIA A+ is a certification that validates entry-level IT skills and knowledge. It is one of the most popular IT certifications in the world and is a great way to start a career in IT. The exam covers topics such as PC hardware, networking, and troubleshooting.
To earn the certification, candidates must pass two exams: Core 1 and Core 2.
CompTIA Network+ certification validates an individual's ability to configure, manage, and troubleshoot network devices. The certificate is vendor-neutral and is not specific to any vendor's products. Many employers recognize Network+ as a valuable credential for entry-level and mid-level network jobs.
This certification exam covers various topics, including network architecture, network operations, network security, and troubleshooting.
The Accreditation Body
Since there are no formal requirements to attain the ITSM certification, all candidates need to do is ensure they get the proper course to enable them to handle the examination. Nevertheless, candidates need to prove their knowledge of the aims and content of ISO/IEC 20000. A candidate should also have experience with an IT managing organization or with IT auditing. The main process to get certified is to take the certification examination. Candidates who wish to take the Foundation Bridge Examination in IT service Management must hold a V2 or V3 certification from ITIL.
ITIL works on a credit based system based on Bloom’s Taxonomy. ITIL foundation is at Bloom's level 1&2 and provides the candidate with 2 credits. ITIL intermediate is at Bloom's taxonomy level 3&4 and provides the candidate with 3 credits each if they choose the Life-cycle stream and 4 credits each if they choose the Capability Stream. Life-cycle Stream has 5 papers and the Capability Stream has 4 papers.
The MALC provides the candidate with 5 Credits and is at Bloom's Taxonomy level 5&6.
In all, 20 credits are required to be certified as an ITIL expert.
Accredited Training Partner
After the examination is done and successful candidates are awarded their certifications, they are then recognized as IT service managers. They can then practice their profession to the fullest. The certification requires one to commit to a high level of professionalism and improvement in the services they offer. There is no post training requirement to be performed by any IT Service Management certification holder.
Retaking the Exam
Career Growth and Roles Post-certification
How to Pick Your Best ITSM Certifications?
There are a few questions that you need to answer to choose the best ITSM certifications, and there are:
- What level of certificate do you need?
- What are the prerequisites for the certification?
- What is the cost of the certification?
Each certification will also vary, but you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $600 for most ITSM certifications.
Once you have considered all of these factors, you should be able to narrow down your choices and pick the best ITSM certification for your needs.
1. Understanding Your Level of Expertise
Many ITSM certifications are available; deciding which is right for you can take time and effort. The best way to choose is first to understand your level of expertise. Are you a beginner who is just starting in the field? Or are you a seasoned professional with years of experience? For example,
- If you are new to ITSM, you should start with a foundation-level certificate.
- If you have experience working in ITSM, you can skip the foundation level and go straight for an intermediate or advanced level certification.
Once you know your level of expertise, you can narrow down your choices and pick the ITSM certification that is best suited for you.
2. Having the Right Prerequisites
Having the proper prerequisites is a great way to narrow your options and pick the best certification.
- Some certifications require specific experience or knowledge to be eligible, so check the requirements before applying.
- Other certificates may have different levels, so you can choose the one that best fits your experience and expertise.
Once you understand the available options, you can start researching the different certifications and comparing them. Consider each certificate's cost, time commitment, and content to find the right one.
With so many certifications available, taking the time to find the right one for you is essential. Having the right prerequisites is a great way to narrow your options and choose the best certification.
3. Finding Courses That Fit Your Needs
There are a variety of ITSM certifications available, and it can be challenging to decide which one is right for you. One way to narrow down your options is to consider what you hope to gain from the certification.
For example, consider the ITIL Foundation certification if you want to learn more about IT service management principles and how to apply them. If you're interested in learning about specific tools and technologies used in ITSM, choose a certification like the Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT).
Once you've decided what to get from the certification, you can start looking at specific courses that will help you prepare for the exam. There are many online and in-person courses available, so you should be able to find one that fits your schedule and learning style. Make sure to read the course reviews before enrolling to understand other students' thoughts.
With some research, you should find the ITSM certification that's right for you. Once you have your certification, you'll be on your way to a successful career in IT service management.
Why Is It Important to Get an ITSM Certification?
There are many reasons why it is vital to get an ITSM certification.
- One of the most important reasons is that it can help you to get a job in the IT industry. With an ITSM certification, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you have the knowledge and skills necessary to work in the IT field.
- Another reason an ITSM certification is essential is that it can help you advance in your career. If you are already working in the IT field, having an ITSM certification can help you get promoted or land a better job.
- In addition to helping you to get a job or to advance in your career, an ITSM certification can also help you to earn more money. With an ITSM certification, you can command a higher salary than someone without the certification.
So, if you are interested in working in the IT field or are already working in it and want to advance in your career, consider getting an ITSM certification.
Get ITIL® 4 Certification
Learn all about ITIL V4 Certification and enhance your IT-enables enterprise with our ITIL 4 Foundation Training Course. This ITIL V4 certification training will help you understand the concepts, languages, best practices, and processes utilized in the ITIL 4 lifecycle.
1. How to get an ITSM certification?
The ITSM certification requires no qualification for taking the exam. However, relevant knowledge and work experience are required for the aims and content of ISO/IEC 20000 and IT managing and auditing. In addition, different courses offered by educational platforms help in planning the strategy and getting the right guidance to crack it.
2. What is an ITSM certification?
IT Service Management or ITSM certification is accepted by IT organizations and businesses involving IT departments. It ensures the candidate’s ability to efficiently handle the delivery and control of quality work in IT service and management.
3. What is ITIL and ITSM certification?
ITIL or Intermediate Lifecycle Certification concerns decision-making and management in the organization. It provides an approach to delivering IT services to customers. The ITSM certification concerns IT service and management and auditing.
4. Which certification is best for service management?
The ITSM certification proves beneficial in showcasing the applicant’s worth regarding IT services. In addition, the exam clearance indicates that the applicant possesses the knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000 and IT management skills as desired by the organization, making them a great fit for the job.