If data is king in today’s business world, then having a data scientist who can leverage that data to help gain a competitive advantage is one of the best tools a company can have.
Companies recognize the importance of hiring data scientists, which is why the profession has become the most in-demand IT career. Data scientists help companies use the vast amounts of data they gather to help businesses improve operations and profitability, and set strategic goals. Data scientists use information from customers, employees, and applications.
To help professionals and eager learners dive into the world of data science and emerge more employable than ever, Caltech launched its Data Science Bootcamp in partnership with IBM. According to IBM, data science combines the scientific method, math and statistics, specialized programming, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and storytelling to uncover and explain the business insights buried in data. It’s a challenging but rewarding and fascinating profession.
A Healthy Job Forecast
In late 2021, the IEEE Computer society listed data scientist number one among the top in-demand IT careers, estimating its pay above $120,000 a year. Others tag the annual income above $150,000. Data scientist was named “the most promising career” by LinkedIn and the “best job in America” by Glassdoor.
What a Data Scientist Does
A data scientist’s overall value is their ability to analyze and interpret complex data to help organizations make better and more timely decisions. They should be able to:
Why You Should Learn Data Science
There is a gap in the availability of data scientists and the demand for them, so many argue that striking while the iron is hot will help you boost your pay and advance your career.
But there are other reasons to master this profession. Here are a handful of reasons aside from salary why professionals need to learn data science:
- Acquire problem-solving skills – Analytics is all about solving problems. A professional’s ability to piece together different pieces of data to form a conclusion is an extremely valuable skill.
- Be in high demand – Data scientists are valuable, and businesses face a skills shortage working with big data. That means graduates with data scientists skills can negotiate higher salaries and choose from available jobs.
- Data science is growing everywhere – The demand for data scientists goes far beyond high tech firms. It extends to aviation and government and can provide opportunities to travel and work worldwide.
- Gain leadership skills – Besides using data and solving problems, data scientists also need to know how to communicate complex information to those without expertise. This way, data science experts often pick up strong leadership skills.
Caltech’s Data Science Bootcamp Delivers
Caltech’s Data Science Bootcamp helps professionals who want to:
- Grow their effectiveness and value in their current role
- Rise to data science roles in their organizations
- Take their careers to a new level elsewhere
- Become entrepreneurs
Looking forward to becoming a Data Scientist? Check out the Data Science Bootcamp and get certified today.
The Bootcamp Approach
Simplilearn’s online bootcamp approach allows busy professionals and learners to learn masterclasses in data science on their schedules. Caltech’s Data Science Bootcamp has Masterclasses delivered by distinguished Caltech faculty and IBM experts. It also offers 24x7 learning support from mentors and a community of like-minded peers to keep learners on track.
It’s your chance to upgrade your skill set profoundly. Simply go to Caltech’s Data Science Bootcamp take your first step toward a fascinating, well-paying career.