Artificial Intelligence is penetrating all industries, helping doctors make medical diagnoses, enabling vehicles to move independently without drivers, and imitating human speech.
But despite all the genuine and fascinating techniques that Artificial Intelligence uses to transform the way computers perform tasks, there is also a great deal of hype that surrounds AI.
The inherently broader term nowadays is so frequently used by almost every online services, from real estate portals to fitness apps, and simple accounting software to grammar checking tools, that AI is somewhat losing its significance in regard to the crucial impact it can have on businesses and people's well-being.
To help readers understand the real potential of AI, the document below illustrates how some top artificial intelligence companies are making effective use of AI and capitalizing on its tangible commercial success by doing so.
Minimizing the time to patient care is vital to averting disabilities and deaths from stroke.
Studies reveal that over 90 percent of patients end up being critically ill if their health problem is not diagnosed and treated promptly.
Healthcare AI company, Viz.ai, founded by Chris Mansi and David Golan in 2016, addresses the issue.
Viz.ai leverages FDA-certified AI technology for synchronized stroke care, which reduces systemic delays between life-saving treatment and patient healthcare.
The company obtained the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approval in 2018, paving the way for the commercialization of its software.
Viz’s Disruptive Innovations
- Viz LVO: Automatically identifies suspected Large Vessel Occlusion (LVO) and alerts healthcare specialists.
- Viz VIEW: A DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) viewer with Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP) and dynamic 3D viewing function for CTP, NCCT, and CTA images.
- Viz CTP: Utilizing AI-powered processing technologies for automatic analysis of perfusion images, and to generate vivid maps.
The AI-oriented startup, which raised 80.6 million dollars over five rounds, now markets its products to multiple medical institutions and hospital networks, including the Denver-based Swedish Health System and the Mount Sinai Health System in NYC.
With a bright future ahead, Viz.ai is one of the top artificial intelligence companies to work for in 2021.
With a mission to expedite the use of AI and robotics for solving everyday challenges, Nuro, founded in 2016 by Jiajun Zhu and Dave Ferguson, is one of the top artificial intelligence companies specializing in the development of driverless delivery vehicles.
To this day, Nuro successfully completed hundreds of delivery trips between retail outlets and shoppers through strategic partnerships with leading retail brands, including Walmart and Kroger.
More About Nuro’s Innovative Driverless Vehicle:
A team of 500 people designed the Nuro self-driving vehicle to facilitate fast, safe, and affordable delivery of essential supplies. The electric-powered autonomous vehicle, with an excellent interior design, can handle all kinds of errands - from dry-cleaning to groceries, and food delivery.
- The Grocery Dive Awards for 2018 - Disruptor of the Year
- Robotics Business Review’s 2020 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards (Applications & Markets Innovation category)
In 2019, the Japanese multinational conglomerate holding company, SoftBank Group, invested 940 million dollars through its Vision Fund, raising the total valuation of Nuro to 2.7 billion dollars. It is worth noting that SoftBank's 100-billion-dollar Vision Fund only acquires stakes in technology companies that have strong growth potential.
Whether it is Rolls-Royce or the U.S. Armed Forces, Uptake empowers industries and institutions to analyze past outcomes, solve current challenges, and develop futuristic strategies that create a better world.
The 5-year-old AI-driven startup, with a huge machine-failure database in its possession, enables organizations to gain Business Intelligence (BI) that helps transform massive datasets into meaningful, actionable insights.
The high-performance Uptake AI platform offers reliable support to its AI-based products, designed to automate and optimize industrial data integrity.
Top-Notch Products Developed by Uptake Include:
- Compass - An engine to create precise strategies for maintenance programs using systematically cleansed and correct data generated from work orders.
- Scout - A studio for data manipulation, Scout allows users to digitize maintenance and operator personnel data and create custom rule-based alerts.
- Radar - Uptake Radar provides users with advanced analytics capabilities, enabling them to predict failures, diagnose outages, and eliminate downtime.
- Included in the CNBC Disruptor 50 list in 2017, 2018, and 2019 for its cutting-edge Industrial AI Platform
- Awarded by BloombergNEF as 2019’s New Energy Pioneer
- Uptake CEO Brad Keywell - Winner of the 2019 EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year award
The 2.3 billion-dollar company, whose clients are some of the world's largest corporations, is unquestionably one of the top artificial intelligence companies to work for in 2021.
Acknowledged as one of the top artificial intelligence companies, Dataminr employs a real-time risk and event detection AI platform that processes data from seventy-five thousand public sources in a variety of formats and more than one hundred languages to provide clients in seventy countries with 24/7 access to critical information.
Dataminr has been a pioneer of ML (Machine Learning) and AI (Artificial Intelligence) systems since early 2010, when the company filed its ML and Natural Language Processing (NLP) patent for real-time risk and event detection.
Dataminr’s team of 650 employees, including researchers, data scientists, and engineers, use a variety of AI and ML approaches to create award-winning products, some of which include:
- Dataminr Pulse - Empowers organizations with AI-powered, real-time insights into risks to the brand, people, virtual and physical assets.
- Dataminr First Alert - It's a high-caliber product for the public sector that alerts first responders about breaking news and events, ensuring speedy, real-time response.
- Features on the 2019 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ list
- Winner of the 2019 AI Breakthrough Award
- Ranked #5 on the Forbes AI 50 list
In April 2020, the U.S. Air Force awarded Dataminr a 258.6 million dollar contract for developing a platform capable of sending real-time alerts via web-based and mobile applications. The deal will further increase the 1166 percent revenue growth that the company recorded between FY 2015 and 2018.
With over 500 clients, including the UN (United Nations), the U.S. Air Force, Amazon, and CNN, backed by investors such as Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, and Fidelity Investments, Dataminr is without a doubt one of the top artificial intelligence companies to work for in 2021.
How Do You Secure a Job With Top Artificial Intelligence Companies?
The easiest and fastest route is to get certified by a renowned, industry-recognized educational institution, such as the world's #1 online bootcamp and certification course provider, Simplilearn.
From Introduction to Artificial Intelligence for Beginners to Artificial Intelligence Engineer Master’s Program, in collaboration with IBM, and Post Graduate Program in AI and Machine Learning, Simplilearn offers a range of certification courses that will help you start a rewarding career as an AI professional. No account? Sign up now.