Express body-parser is an npm module used to process data sent in an HTTP request body. It provides four express middleware for parsing JSON, Text, URL-encoded, and raw data sets over an HTTP request body. Before the target controller receives an incoming request, these middleware routines handle it.
This tutorial on Body Parser will walk you through all the topics on Express Body Parser.
What Is Body-parser?
- Body-parser parses is an HTTP request body that usually helps when you need to know more than just the URL being hit.
- Specifically in the context of a POST, PATCH, or PUT HTTP request where the information you want is contained in the body.
- Using body-parser allows you to access req.body from within routes and use that data.
For example: To create a user in a database.
To install the body-parser first, you must create a project and the first command you will write here is npm init -y.
This is used to create a JSON file, and in that you can add all the dependencies.
- Step 1:
- Step 2: Now, you have to install express for that, you will write a command npm i express.
- Step 3: After that, go ahead and install body-parser. For that write command on your terminal.
Now, the body-parser is installed in your system.
- Step 4: Go ahead and write a basic Express app that is common in every express application.
The example below shows you how to add body parsers - specifically to the routes requiring them. This is the considered the most apt technique to utilize body-parser with Express.
Master front-end and back-end technologies and advanced aspects in our Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. Unleash your career as an expert full stack developer. Get in touch with us NOW!
Hope this express body-parser tutorial has provided you with a foundational grasp of Express JS.
Course certification will benefit you if you wish to learn these programming languages and work as a developer or programmer. Enroll in the Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development to learn Typescript.
If you have any specific queries for us, please let us know. Please share any recommendations or questions about using Express body-parser in the comments section below, and our experts will answer them.