Agile Leadership and Management: PMI-ACP Agile Certification Training
Management v/s Agile Leadership:
|Management focuses on tasks||Leadership is about people|
|Management focuses on control||Leadership is about empowering and letting people control|
|Management focuses on efficiency||Leadership is about effectiveness|
|Management focuses on doing things right||Leadership is about doing the right things|
|Management focuses on speed||Leadership is about direction|
|Management focuses on practices||Leadership is about principles
Thus, agile leadership varies from agile management. Leadership comes by right and not by appointment. The right to lead has to be earned by the agile leader by gaining respect from the agile team.
Agile Leadership Techniques:
- Being a model: An agile leader should be a model of desired behavior and should be having the four characteristics of a leader: Honesty, Forward looking, Competent and Inspiring.
- Creating and communicating a vision: An agile leader should be able to set forth a compelling vision for the team. The communication should be in an inspiring manner that will channelize everyone’s energy.
- Enable others to act: Agile leadership involves trusting the team to do the work and also enabling them so that they are able to perform the work.
Best Practices of Agile Leadership:
- Willingness to change the status quotient: An agile leader should be willing to take the bull by its horns in order to enforce a change. He or she should be capable of handling risks, learning from mistakes and generating small victories.
- Getting the right people involved: The most important requirement for successful development of agile project is an efficient agile team. An agile leader should find a way to get the right time in place.
- Encouraging the team members: Besides leading, an agile leader should also know how to show appreciation, reward and recognition to the agile team those who work with him or her in the project
- Agile Adaptive Leadership
- Agile Certification Training USA
- Agile Certification Training India
Find our PMI-ACP® Certification Online Classroom training classes in top cities:
|PMI-ACP® Certification||16 Mar -6 Apr 2019, Weekend batch||Your City||View Details|
Recommended articles for you
Agile Servant Leadership: PMI-ACP Agile Certification Traini...Article
What’s the Difference Between Leadership and Management?Article
Agile Certification Training: Agile Project Management Frame...Article