When it comes to the IT industry, there are plenty of career paths to take. But one field that has seen a tremendous rise in popularity, of late, is that of mobile App Development.
Mobile devices have become ubiquitous—two-thirds of the world’s population is connected with a mobile device. That’s more than 5 billion unique mobile subscribers. This means that using mobile apps for everything from shopping to getting a ride, scheduling appointments, design, playing video games, and more—all on a mobile device—has become commonplace.
Here’s a video on Android App Developer Course.
As a result, the need for mobile app developers has surged, and will likely remain upwardly mobile for a long time to come. The blossoming startup scene has also contributed a large chunk of the demand for mobile app developers, and many of these startups are prepared to pay very competitive salaries to deserving candidates. Many startups are already switching to only mobile and no web environments; in a sense, the revolution in computing devices witnessed two decades ago is now being played out on the mobile front.
Why Get Involved in Mobile App Development?
- The allure of designing something new and fresh.
- The opportunity to be able to reinvent the way mobile technology is used.
- App developers can work anywhere – all they need is access to a strong internet connection and a good SDK.
Steps to Becoming a Mobile App Developer
To learn how to become a mobile app developer, first you should learn popular programming languages as C, C++, C#, and Java. The specific choice of language naturally depends on what mobile platform and OS it is they are creating the apps for. For example, apps for Apple’s iOS most often use Objective C, whereas Java is the language to acquire proficiency in for Android apps.
[Learn Java to begin developing your own mobile apps. Java, Java EE and SOA Training]
Most employers these days look for mobile apps developers with at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Software Engineering
- Mobile Application Development
- Mobile Computing
- Computer Science
- Any related field of study that is program based
Today’s employers want their developers to have up-to-date knowledge. The best way to do this, of course, is by taking a training course or getting real-life experience. You can find training programs available for mobile app developers through these mediums:
1. College/ University
2. Online Training: There are online training providers who give training in mobile app development. Simplilearn offers training courses like Certified Android App Developer and Certified iOS App Developer which will help professionals get cutting-edge knowledge in the field.
What’s it Like Being a Mobile App Developer?
With the necessary qualifications and experience, a career in app development can boast an annual salary range between $89,000 and $125,000. Of course, this will depend on your employer and what programs you are using to develop your mobile apps, as well as on the amount of experience you have earned.
Just like your salary, your responsibilities will depend on the employer, how much experience you have in developing apps, and the platform or OS you develop apps for.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, test, and improve mobile apps.
- Ensure the quality and functionality of apps is in line with your clients’ requirements.
- Write code for apps for specific operating environments.
- Design and develop the app’s interface.
- Communicate ideas and designs with team members
- Provide support for your app, so that any issues that arise can immediately be dealt with.
- Devise fixes and workarounds for any issues that arise.
Who You’ll Work With
- Project managers
- Software engineers
- Other app developers
What’s the Outlook for Mobile App Developers?
The demand for new and innovative mobile apps continues to grow. Because of this rapid growth, there are plenty of opportunities for you to work either as part of a company or on a freelance basis. Finding a suitable position that meets your particular skill sets now or in the future should not prove difficult—meaning a mobile app development career is a good, stable choice to make for your future.
According to many IT recruiters and managers, the demand for mobile app developers far exceeds the supply at the moment. Over the next few years, the market for mobile app developers is expected to grow substantially. In fact, it is believed that by 2020, as many as 300,000 new mobile app developer roles will be created.
Perhaps one of the greatest draws to this career field is the flexibility it offers. Because it’s still a developing and competitive technology, there’s nothing monotonous about it, and you can expand your areas of expertise as far as you choose. Simplilearn’s variety of training courses include C, C#, Java, Certified Android App Developer, and Certified iOS App Developer and each offer hands-on experience through real projects.